Game is stupid hard

FPS GLIMMER

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience tactics, every boss is defeatable. Just try to figure each out.

I agree 100% with this, with the exception of the Asylum Demon when you return to the undead asylum. The fucker can spam those wall attacks that are potentially unavoidable till you die. I know you stay behind him/up close and use a good magic resistant shield and he can keep doing the easy butt-stomp and you can make short work of him. But I hate that motherfucker, many a time has he been set on simply spamming the 'sonic boom' wall attack over and over and over again till I die. Jackass.

I agree 100% with this, with the exception of the Asylum Demon when you return to the undead asylum. The fucker can spam those wall attacks that are potentially unavoidable till you die. I know you stay behind him/up close and use a good magic resistant shield and he can keep doing the easy butt-stomp and you can make short work of him. But I hate that motherfucker, many a time has he been set on simply spamming the 'sonic boom' wall attack over and over and over again till I die. Jackass.

Oh how I've been there. There is a specific method to this fight though, as you say staying close and behind him is key but also with direction you move. ALWAYS circle to his left (your right as you face him) as the demon club boom attack comes from his right and is much more avoidable using this method.

Oh how I've been there. There is a specific method to this fight though, as you say staying close and behind him is key but also with direction you move. ALWAYS circle to his left (your right as you face him) as the demon club boom attack comes from his right and is much more avoidable using this method.

Yeah true, after typing that message I was about to face him again in my new NG+ character, got hit maybe twice but never died. My frustration with him has allowed me to perfect his bullshit. Casted Fall Control + Crystal Magic Weapon ran up to him and yeah just fucked his shit up.

• 5 weeks later...
yeah,... have to agree with that...

walking on top of the church always make my hands sweat... had to dry hands every min...

Ring of Fog (or Hidden Body spell) always helped out there. Just sticking to the right side. The sniper against the wall you need to go to won't even realize you're there until you're a few feet away from him.

I put my summon sign down on the bridge and I was commonly summoned for the entire section rather than just the executioner and dragonslayer, so I had to deal with those guys a lot.

• 1 month later...

So this game is so dumb. I understand that's a very unintelligent thing to say but without being vulgar I'm not sure how to describe it. quick back story I bought this game Day 1 cause I love me so good RPGing and like many rage quit the game for almost a year just recently came back and actually got into the wiki and checking out builds and what not. I started really holding my own in game as a faith build which was cool but with decent tweaks to the build i fell into place well "POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT" I think the final boss is garbage he has literally no stamina he can pretty much infinite combo i literally if I get hit once I'm down and i cant even get up cause this mofo wants to to ulti-hit combo every second and i literally have no time to do anything. just saying is all.... and for the people who comment on this. I'm not retarded I know how to play a game, as I am very good at games but undeniably whether this game is meant to be uber hard we can all agree there are some cheat moves and cheat programming in this game :)

So this game is so dumb. I understand that's a very unintelligent thing to say but without being vulgar I'm not sure how to describe it. quick back story I bought this game Day 1 cause I love me so good RPGing and like many rage quit the game for almost a year just recently came back and actually got into the wiki and checking out builds and what not. I started really holding my own in game as a faith build which was cool but with decent tweaks to the build i fell into place well "POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT" I think the final boss is garbage he has literally no stamina he can pretty much infinite combo i literally if I get hit once I'm down and i cant even get up cause this mofo wants to to ulti-hit combo every second and i literally have no time to do anything. just saying is all.... and for the people who comment on this. I'm not retarded I know how to play a game, as I am very good at games but undeniably whether this game is meant to be uber hard we can all agree there are some cheat moves and cheat programming in this game :)

This game is about one thing and one thing only.....memory. :) You literally have to know and even visually recognize every enemies move set. I can't even count how many times I have played this game and it remains one of my favorite games of all time.

The key to beating mr. "Lord of Cinder" is parry and riposte. It's very difficult to time but with practice he becomes just another enemy.

I'd say since you obviously made it to the final boss that you probably like it more than you let on Proto. :woop: Just keep with it and keep your eyes on the move sets and you will become a loyal Souls fan!

This game is about one thing and one thing only.....memory. :) You literally have to know and even visually recognize every enemies move set. I can't even count how many times I have played this game and it remains one of my favorite games of all time.

The key to beating mr. "Lord of Cinder" is parry and riposte. It's very difficult to time but with practice he becomes just another enemy.

I'd say since you obviously made it to the final boss that you probably like it more than you let on Proto. :woop: Just keep with it and keep your eyes on the move sets and you will become a loyal Souls fan!

Good encouraging advice as usual SuNus. :) Another good tip is despite his name and powers, Gwyn is incredibly weak to fire. So if you have a maxed out pyromancy flame and a good fire enchanted weapon, you can put on heavy armor and just tank him. You'll absolutely destroy him with all of your "fire power." :p

Good encouraging advice as usual SuNus. :) Another good tip is despite his name and powers, Gwyn is incredibly weak to fire. So if you have a maxed out pyromancy flame and a good fire enchanted weapon, you can put on heavy armor and just tank him. You'll absolutely destroy him with all of your "fire power." :p

Indeed Blood! Before I learned how much parry can help I used great combustion. Close range, block and spam combustion until he poofs. Parry just makes you feel like a badass once you pull it off. :woop:

Indeed Blood! Before I learned how much parry can help I used great combustion. Close range, block and spam combustion until he poofs. Parry just makes you feel like a badass once you pull it off. :woop:

Very true. I love getting a parry on his jumping attack. Once you get the timing down for the parry, that fight is really more comical than difficult. :) He just can't do anything against it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I 've never gotten the tank method down enough to use it but parry/ripost makes you feel like such a badass once you get it down. Like every other enemy in DS ince you gethe moveset down and kick his ass therr is nothing like the adrenaline rush you get afterwards! Good luck man and dont give up. Probably took me 20 tries the first time i killed him

• 3 weeks later...

Personaly I'm disappointed by difficulty. Fight mechanics are damn easy (even World of Warcraft bosses had more difficult mechanics lulz). Ofcourse you'll die a lot until you get the hang out of it, but cleared Anor Londo and Darkroot Garden/Basin without deaths in New Game+ and quit. No challenge at all. ;/

First time meeting Capra Demon was epic - you cross the fog, b**** jumps on you and you die. Multiple times.

Managed to one-shot Gwyn on my NG++++ playthrough. Got my health low, equipped the Red tearstone ring + Hornet's ring, as soon as I entered the boss area, popped the "Power Within" pyromancy with a non upgraded pyro flame. Used a Target Shield to parry him and one-shot him with a +5 Crystal Demon's Greataxe. Don't remember exactly how much damage I did, but it was in the 8k+ zone I believe :D Took me two tries to pull this off, because on the first one I missed the parry and got clobbered.

Also remembered the first time I fought against him. With full havel + Iron flesh. Whacking at him with a +5 Lightning Partizan. :D Ahh, memories of the first playthrough still remain.

Three things that you have to keep in mind when playing a ___ Souls game. Patience, focus and never rush or act like a badass and aggro everything - you'll die, no matter what your level is, or what you are wearing.

I actually just recently started playing this game, and I am really enjoying it. Some of the bosses are very cheap, such as the Stray Demon mentioned earlier. I actually killed him for the first time last night, after dying about 5 or 6 times. I have to agree, the key is knowing the move set of your enemy. On the Stray Demon, I just kept diving in between his legs to get behind him, and smacked him with my +14 Ugigatana, and then rolled again when he turned around. Once you finally figure out how to kill things in this game, it is a very rewarding experience! Love this game!

I actually just recently started playing this game, and I am really enjoying it. Some of the bosses are very cheap, such as the Stray Demon mentioned earlier. I actually killed him for the first time last night, after dying about 5 or 6 times. I have to agree, the key is knowing the move set of your enemy. On the Stray Demon, I just kept diving in between his legs to get behind him, and smacked him with my +14 Ugigatana, and then rolled again when he turned around. Once you finally figure out how to kill things in this game, it is a very rewarding experience! Love this game!

I agree about learning the patterns of your enemy. But I don't agree with any of the bosses being cheap. No enemy in the game really has any cheap moves they do. Everything can be dodged/blocked/parry'd

More importantly, I am glad you are loving the game :)

A quick tip. Every fatty enemy in the game is weak to bleeding. Asylum Demon/Stray Demon/Snorla... I mean Smough are especially weak to bleeding attacks. First time I killed the Stray Demon with an unupgraded Uchi by literally slashing at his ass and bleeding him to death. Winning.

Edited by KriugerisLT

Stray can be tough at first. But, once you know where and when to be, he's a breeze. It comes down more to patience than anything. Give him a couple whacks, get the hell out of the way of his AOE fart blast spell, then rinse and repeat until a slab and a good time are had by all. And anything with bleeding damage will dispose of him very quickly. Chunks of health will peel off.

also what kinda damage they do, many confuse fire vs magic, it's no coincidence you get a good magic resistant shield before the fight, if you don't fall down right away :)

The only boss i really hate is the bed of chaos or whatever it is...

also what kinda damage they do, many confuse fire vs magic, it's no coincidence you get a good magic resistant shield before the fight, if you don't fall down right away :)

The only boss i really hate is the bed of chaos or whatever it is...

They do magic damage. If you want to end the fight almost instantly. Get the Magic Barrier from Reah of Thorolund and the Great Magic Barrier from Ash Lake. Magic barrier reduces magic damage by ~70% I believe, and the Great Magic Barrier by ~90% or so. It's also extremely effective in the Four Kings battle. Basically nullifies all their damage when the miracle is active. Even their sword damage is significantly reduced.

Edited by KriugerisLT

As everyone says, it's all about learning the way the bosses fight. I recently started playing it again, just got too back logged on new games and DaS was taking way too much time. So restarted my guy for the whole experience and just beat Quelaag. Took one try to remember her attack set from before, second try beat her without being hit once. Best advice is to take the first 5 mins of a boss fight to play defensively, learn the attacks, and find the ones that leave spaces for a couple of attacks. Take advantage of those moments and majority of them will be a sinch.