Achievement Discussion

Barad

As long as they don't have tedious achievements like the Demo 2.0, it's all good.

The only thing that makes it tedious about it is that it's frustrating and requires some good luck. I'm all for achievements that take a little time to get, but I agree that they could have chosen something else. Then again, it did force you to really take advantage of the game engine which is admirable in an achievement in my opinion. It kind of almost embodies what the point of an achievement is, really: to reward you for doing things in a game you might not otherwise.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say have more humorous achievements like the dentist. But they should make them secret though cause i got the Dentist by thinking it would be a funny thing to do and i laughed for like 10 minutes alot funnier then when I read Darwins Parachute and actually tried for it. They're so much funnier when they're accidents.

Which is exactly how it should be, in my opinion. I hate to admit that I boosted ~12 of my first 20 demo kills and I did not get nearly the satisfaction out of getting it that I could have. I've since gotten plenty more and they have been way more satisfying.

All mine was legit! Only one I boosted was Et tu brute?

Obviously!

I dont mind expanssions really..It would be nicer IMO for a DLC of new maps and more weapons like a rmington 700 30-06 for recon, TAR21 for assault ect...

that is just me tired of WW2 lol theres a reason plp are tired of WaW cod..

• 1 month later...
The m1a1 brings up some bad memories, and I know it's not included for the medal, but I tried to bronze the garand too and got creamed while using it

The Thompson and Garand were better suited for use in the Vietnam expansion, in my opinion. In Vietnam, the Garand was a fantastic alternative to the assault weapons.

I dont mind expanssions really..It would be nicer IMO for a DLC of new maps and more weapons like a rmington 700 30-06 for recon, TAR21 for assault ect...

It's much harder to add DLC for weapons. They can do it for maps that will be separate from the regular maps, but it's hard to add weapons and gadgets on after the fact because they would have to figure out a way to make them work for people who don't have the add-on content. The SPECACT kits in BC2 worked because they were part of the game's initial coding and were simply unlocked via DLC.

The Thompson and Garand were better suited for use in the Vietnam expansion, in my opinion. In Vietnam, the Garand was a fantastic alternative to the assault weapons.

I struggled to do any good with the old school weapons. I don't know if it was balancing (the excuse i told myself) or pyschological, the idea of going up against an enemy player who is using an M4A1 or M60, i just felt out matched. I pop up spraying 9mm rounds only to be taken out by a few 7.62's

I personally hope there is no gold star every weapon achievement, only because i found some weapons suited my playstyle better than others, especially when it came to bolt action vs semi automatic rifles, i like the security of knowing i can double tap. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but getting a gold star for half of the weapons would be a breeze, but the other half would be a grind.

Edited by DEG23

I personally hope there is no gold star every weapon achievement, only because i found some weapons suited my playstyle better than others, especially when it came to bolt action vs semi automatic rifles, i like the security of knowing i can double tap. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but getting a gold star for half of the weapons would be a breeze, but the other half would be a grind.

In preperation of BF3 i have been trying to get a gold star as a mininum of all my weapons, i have like some weapons with 2's/3's/4's but not all my guns as gold so i've began to use them. I find it good; sure it makes me have to completely change my play style and puts me way out of my comfort zone (SVU, VSS, NeoStead 2000 im looking at YOU!) but I like the fact that i would have to adjust my style. Thus now where i do a kit switch i know how exactly I like to play with them.

I completely understand the wish to not want to have to use a gun one doesnt like though, but i dont know; for me it changed my mind on a lot of weapons, especially the SVU. That thing with an ACOG is just mean, quick double/triple tap and you have an easy kill from almost all ranges... the Typer 88 on the other hand :/

In preperation of BF3 i have been trying to get a gold star as a mininum of all my weapons, i have like some weapons with 2's/3's/4's but not all my guns as gold so i've began to use them. I find it good; sure it makes me have to completely change my play style and puts me way out of my comfort zone (SVU, VSS, NeoStead 2000 im looking at YOU!) but I like the fact that i would have to adjust my style. Thus now where i do a kit switch i know how exactly I like to play with them.

I completely understand the wish to not want to have to use a gun one doesnt like though, but i dont know; for me it changed my mind on a lot of weapons, especially the SVU. That thing with an ACOG is just mean, quick double/triple tap and you have an easy kill from almost all ranges... the Typer 88 on the other hand :/

The Neostead 2000, lol, i'm sorry no matter how much i try, i just can't get my head around a shotgun that pumps forward, that's voodoo or something.

But i agree with you in forcing yourself to play with all guns, and i'm tempted to to that with BF3. I think with me it's more the psychological effect. Considering when it's a close much and i'm part of a very competitive team, i can't help but thinking i need to switch back to a gun i know i can use well in order to win, but like you said there may be a hidden gem i am yet to master and truly rain destruction with:uzi:

Yeah, so, we're 34 days away from launch.

WHERE DA LIST AT DICE?!

Most game's lists are out a good 2-4 months before the game. Hell, even Modern Warfare 3's list got out, and it's due a few days after Battlefield 3.

No leaks, no hints, nothing. /Anxious

Edited by Convas

I am pretty sure the game will have some ridiculous multiplayer achievements, but I don't care, I will get them anyways. <3

Betting on those kind of stuff:

-10.000+ kills in MP

-Unlocking A LOT of stuff in MP (they said each class needs 100+ hrs to unlock everything for it, I personally don't think you have to unlock EVERYTHING for that achievement, but a lot tho.)

-Destruction 3.0????

-Maybe some vehicle Achievements like in Vietnam.. dont think it gonna be something stupid like a Helicopter Roadkill again.

-Destruction 3.0????

NO, NO, NO, NO and NO!. Burn that idea in the firey depths of hell. I despised Destruction 2.0 achievement; it was cool in theory, but considering how easy it is to get out of a collapsing building, it came down to simple luck/hope that the person inside was a moron and could hear-

1- The foundations of the building collapsing

2- The character shouting "This place is coming down, we gotta get the fuck outta here!"

I got it eventually after 80hrs of (amazing) playtime, but every time i went to try and get the achievement i would nearly cry in frustration as people would simply jump out of the building :/

http://imgur.com/a/LCHD1#hPzZp

Leaked achievements; I only counted 34 including the secret ones, so this probably isn't the entire list. Majority are campaign related. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Roadkill (20G) - Kick the car to kill the soldiers in Uprising

M.I.A. (20G) - Obtain your first enemy Dog Tag

Most Valuable Player (30G) - Finish as MVP in a ranked match

1st Loser (30G) - Finish as 2nd MVP in a ranked match

It's better than nothing! (30G) - Finish as 3rd MVP in a ranked match

Scrap Metal (25G) - Destroy 6 enemy tanks before reaching the fort in Thunder Run

This is the end (20G) - Secret

Not on my watch (25G) - Protect Chaffin from the soldiers in the street in Operation Swordbreaker

Involuntary Euthanasia (25G) - Kill the 2 soldiers before the building falls on them in Uprising

Army of Darkness (30G) - Shoot out the 4 lights with 4 bullets in Night Shift

Practice makes perfect (15G) - Headshot each of the targets in the gun range in Kaffarov

Where the hell *are* you? (20G) - Take a russian Dog Tag in the forest ambush in Rock And A Hard Place

You can be my wingman anytime (30G) - Complete Going Hunting in a perfect run

Float like a butterfly... (25G) - Take down the jet in one attempt in Rock And A Hard Place

Twofor (15G) - Take down 2 enemies with 1 bullet in Night Shift

Ooh-rah! (30G) - Complete the campaign story

Between a rock and a hard place (15G) - Beat Soloman, flawlessly, in The Great Destroyer

Semper Fedelis (50G) - Complete the campaign story on Hard

Push On (20G) - Reach the garage without going into man-down state in Hit and Run

Two-rah! (30G) - Complete all co-op missions

Lock 'n' Load (30G) - Unlock all unique co-op weapons

Car Lover (20G) - Complete the mission without losing a humvee in Opertation Exodus

In the nick of time (20G) - Disarm the bomb in under 20 seconds in The Eleventh Hour

Bullseye (20G) - Reach and save the hostages without alerting any enemies in Drop 'em Like Liquid

Untouchable (20G) - Complete the mission without using the fire extinguisher in Fire From The Sky

Army of Two (50G) - Complete all co-op missions on Hard

Ninjas (20G) - Reach the VIP without setting off the alarm in Exfiltration

Vehicle Warfare (30G) - Obtain all 3 vehicle warfare ribbons

Infantry Efficiency (30G) - Obtain all 4 weapon efficiency ribbons

Decorated (50G) - Obtain one of each ribbon in the game

Support Efficiency (30G) - Obtain all 4 support effeciency ribbons

Colonel (50G) - Achieve rank 45

Secret (10G)

Secret (15G)