Rod Fergussons says..

NinjaHamster24

I trust EPIC. They're one of the few game companies I do. But this is putting a whole new light on them for me.

Hopefully my trust in them will pay off :)

Free DLC!

I did trust Epic. I am now totally done doing that. I'm learning to let go of the anger. I'll buy whatever DLC interests me and skip the rest. I love Gears and that won't be changing. But I will never again buy a game just because Epic made it.

Bungie's next game, I'll be standing in line. Valve still has my 100% trust. Those are about the only 2 companies I can say that about.

As someone said above - you're purchasing a software license - and as such the people granting the license control what you get. These skins HAVE to be on the disc (or added via patch) in order for those that don't have them to be able to see you have them in the game (much like Mortal Kombat and many other games have had to have you download items to be able to play online with people with custom content). There's a lot of "Much Ado About Nothing" with this issue - which is fine because I'll tune it out.

To this day Bunjie are the only true game developer I fell that gives a dam about their community at all. Yea they make shit loads but they dont step on the toes of the people who are buying there product.

EPIC have really let me down as developers now, I love the gears games and will purchase no matter what, but my overall opinion on them as a developer has changed, So pissed at the shit they're doing.

P.s. - Valve are one of the (if not top) worst game developers out their, in terms of community and stuff. That's just my opinion. The shit they fucked up on with Left 4 Dead, ill never forgive em for that.lol

EPIC sort your shit out! -You been hanging with Microsoft too long!!

In NO way is this contradicting my above statements,

I CANT WAIT FOR GEARS 3!!! ....... ok maybe a little.lol

Yeah, technically all they sell you is a license to play the game.

Bitch and moan all you like, but it's going to be the future of gaming. The developers don't make anywhere near as much money off the disk as they do DLC etc due to things such as piracy and game rentals. You rent GoW3- the same disk that thousands of people will use. Yet they only sell one copy. All those thousands of people buy DLC- they make the money.

Read the small print on the back of any case.

It is to my surprise they are still getting away with rental.

Hmmm kind of messed up considering Gears is where it us because of xbox gamers. I don't think that's asking to much. To be fair Everything from part 1 and 2 should be on the Gears of War 3 disc or as a DLC disc and then we pay for DLC exclusive for the Gears 3 game. That makes sense to me and a few others I'm sure. It's all good just gimmie my copy so I can jam.