Board collector glitch solved!!!

batman5273

ok i solved the board collector glitch. you do not have to start a new game. if you use the cheat to unlock boards. the game thinks you have unlocked them. in the game how you unlock them is by getting the shell that relate to the gate objective.

so if a level needs to to go through 10 gates, just replay that level with no cheats on and it will give you that board. just restart from the beginning of the game and replay the levels and notice how many gates you need to the shell objective. it wont take long and you will thank me for figuring it out!!

You're partially right (Boards unlock by the Gate Shells), but completely wrong at the same time (The achievement still won't unlock).

I rented this game through Gamefly recently and only sent it back today (Thursday). I've gone through 5 different save files testing how the boards unlock, and you've forgotten one important thing. In order for the Achievement to unlock, you need to unlock all the boards, and that includes the Nirvana which is NOT tied to a specific area but to the shells and boards at the same time. I'll just quote the relevant part of my post from there.

I've finally finished my testing.

First of all, the boards you unlock are tied to the different areas of each Locale with the exception of the Nirvana. This is the most troublesome board to unlock in the whole game, but it still takes less than an hour if you've done the Gates before.

As I said, each individual board is tied to a certain Locale's Area; so what's the Nirvana tied to exactly? The Shells you get for the gates AND the boards at the same time.

I've gone through a total of 5 files to test this, and my results are as follows.

a) If you get all the Shells with the Unlock All Boards Cheat activated (In one sitting or not, it doesn't matter), you WILL NOT be able to unlock the Nirvana.

b) If you get a single Gate Shell with the Unlock All Boards Cheat activated, but go back and get the boards that you got the shells for BEFORE unlocking all the other boards, it seems that you WILL NOT unlock the Nirvana.

c) It seems that getting a single Non-Gate Shell or even just the Shiverpool 1 Trophy while using the All Boards Unlocked Cheat will cause the Nirvana to not unlock.

What this means is that in order to unlock the Nirvana, YOU CAN NOT USE THE UNLOCK ALL BOARDS CHEAT. If you use it and get one of the Gate Shells, but then go back and get the board for that shell by clearing the gates again, you won't get it. If you use it and get a Non-Gate Shell, you won't be able to get it either.

You have to unlock all the boards normally, then when you get the last one, the Nirvana will unlock right alongside it. Giving you the Board Collector Achievement.

You CAN use the Character Unlock codes (probably just Z), but just not the Unlock All Boards code, or else you lock yourself out of getting Board Collector. This comes from playing through getting all the Gate Shells 5 times.

• 1 year later...

I was very frustrated because I hadn't used any cheats at all, did all the gate shells, and the nirvana board still didn't unlock. When I finished *all* the shells for the surfing levels with gates in them the nirvana board unlocked and the achievement popped. Hope this helps!