Is Endure really that tough?

IWHBYD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with a lot of people

It is tough, its finding people with SKILL is the problem

Everyone just wants 3 extra people know matter who they are, then 4th set comes NO LIVES LEFT, game over and you wonder why?

Everyone is cocky, no one is going to tell you they suck at Halo if they want to join your lobby or get you to join there's, the it took me twice to do Endure

First time, we lost last circle on 4th set

Second time, we won with like 15 lives to spare, we had 700,000 points and I had 400,000 of them, and I saw everyone playing and shooting, with the lowest person having like 40,000 I call that lucky, you can find alot of people on this forum how have probably done Endure like four times now, its about finding the right people to for lack of a better term "endure" the pain of going through that many hard enemies

It's not as tough as it is time consuming. Assuming you have fairly decent players, you should breeze through it with about a dozen lives left (or more) assuming you use a good strategy, such as the half and half Alpha site. Essentially, it all boils down to everyone having the time to complete it (~2 hours) and a sturdy connection; I can't tell you how many times I've lagged out during firefights.

Yeah, I guess I'm a late adopter. I just picked up ODST the other day (great sale at a local retailer). Beat the campaign, got most of the solo achievements - then decided to try the firefight... I just committed suicide 30 times after 2+ hours of playing solo cause it was so ridiculously boring by myself. I can see how it may be tough to keep a team interested for that long, but if you play Halo3 MP, you can certainly find a few good players to party up and complete it!

well im interested if theres anyone out there who is still trying, i need all firefight for that matter. im decent enough and my connection should be fine as my halls gets a great connection, only thing is i have a few exams coming up so i wont always be available. would be very greatful if anyone wants to as all my friends did em when it first came out. wish i didnt bother buying it to try the beta :@

• 3 weeks later...

First, finding a time when three friends could do it with me. Second, having people work together instead of "be the hero". We ended up with "No lives left" on the last wave but we managed to finally group up and beat it. I was getting scared at the end though. Was afraid we weren't going to make it.

1. You need 3 other players

2. They need to be decent at Halo

3. They need to be near by as Firefight with lag is pretty much impossible

4. It gets incredibly tough towards the end as your ammo begins to run out and only certain weapons can damage certain enemies. On the last wave we went down from 5 or more lives (I can't remember) to 0 against a single Brute Chieftain (hammer dude) who we couldn't kill with any of our weapons or grenades and had to melee to death.

Did I play with you?...almost the same thing happend to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this with a group of mates. We had been waiting for an opportunity to do this for ages but we have never all been available at the same time. We got it, we cut it close though. Finished with 2 lives left. I was pretty much hiding at the end as I was out of ammo and all of the enemies were huddling in the middle on top of all the dropped ammo.

• 3 weeks later...

Attempted it proper for first time last night and we hit the very final part, it went so smoothly, then as people started chatting on the last set I think concentration went and we dropped lives really fast. We still made it, but we hit a serious ammo problem on the final wave of Hammer guys and Hunters, we had a ton of ammo all the way through then suddenly last wave there was nothing. We lost 3 men and I was last man standing with 2 Hammer guys running for me, I had not one single weapon, no grenades, nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose it makes sense that it's the teammates rather than the game itself... I tend to do quite well on firefight matches, but I'm always playing with my Halo 3 buddies who don't really care about ODST and aren't exactly experts concerning the minute changes in the game.

Suppose that explains why I haven't gotten it after months of trying lol.