Official Bitching Thread!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell would bitch about mortal komabat.

Redundant thread alert

Because they said it was "Perfect Arcade Ports" yet in UMK3 you can't insert Kombat Kodes before the game? SMH. All those fantasies of reliving Random Kombat is gone.

Is it me or does the game sound so quiet? I was hoping to blast MK2's Dead Pool music when it popped up.

Oh, and the lag is terrible Online. It's like playing in Slow-Mo.

Thank God MK I saves the UMK3 butthurtness for me, Johnny Cage's victory pose is too bad ass.

Because they said it was "Perfect Arcade Ports" yet in UMK3 you can't insert Kombat Kodes before the game? SMH. All those fantasies of reliving Random Kombat is gone.

Is it me or does the game sound so quiet? I was hoping to blast MK2's Dead Pool music when it popped up.

Thank God MK I saves the UMK3 butthurtness for me, Johnny Cage's victory pose is too bad ass.

I agree that the background music is quite low in MK2.

I also experience a little bit of 'sound lag' in MK2 aswell when punches hit/bodies hit the floor etc ...

Im a little dissapointed with the quality of these ports.

Luckily i have ULTMK3 for the xbox :) But you are correct.

Does anyone want to bash out the flawless online and wins - Its waaaay to laggy and unplayable to try get it legit!

GT: mad hectic - send me a message and we can get it done.

How do you beat Shang Tsung in MK1? This is ridiculous! I'm playing on Very Easy. And this guy is going ape shit on me!

Scorpion - When he backs off do a screen teleport - When he turns to Goro, use the standard Goro tactic. Anyone else just watch for specials.

Once you beat him in one round, then next round always seems easier.

I'm just dreading Ermac on mk3

When I teleport with Scorpion, Shang Tsung just transforms into Goro and grabs me in my teleport animation. This is so friggin' bullshit!! I put it on V.Easy ffs! So unfair this game!

I didnt even know there was a difficulty setting. Just keep trying. Youll get it.

Worst 800msp i've ever spent tbh. I expected it to be quite fun to play but all i got was a computer spam fest who relentlessly attack me even if it's on "very easy" difficulty. Don't even get me started on Raiden or Goro... MK9 is sooo much more balanced and fair that i can't seem to grasp how people can play these awful arcade games filled with awful AI... Although pulling off fatalities on Sonya and Raiden have never been better due to them being massive assholes... Rant Over this collection of games suck

Worst 800msp i've ever spent tbh. I expected it to be quite fun to play but all i got was a computer spam fest who relentlessly attack me even if it's on "very easy" difficulty. Don't even get me started on Raiden or Goro... MK9 is sooo much more balanced and fair that i can't seem to grasp how people can play these awful arcade games filled with awful AI... Although pulling off fatalities on Sonya and Raiden have never been better due to them being massive assholes... Rant Over this collection of games suck
LOL @ You thinking they'd have balanced AI back in the 90s. Best joke all day.

Obviously they'd perfect the AI technique almost two decades later.

Luckily i have ULTMK3 for the xbox But you are correct.

Does anyone want to bash out the flawless online and wins - Its waaaay to laggy and unplayable to try get it legit!

GT: mad hectic - send me a message and we can get it done.

I had it, and I somehow enjoyed it more. I'm still curious on the difficulty UMK3 had back then, it feels like Very Easy as I could do Sonya's 50% combo almost every time on Very Easy, but the AI refused to fall for my bait on Normal. Weird.

LOL @ You thinking they'd have balanced AI back in the 90s. Best joke all day.

Hah you're real funny you must think you're some MK master... I just thought that the game is very biased towards the player and the fact that all enemies could throw and i could not was very fustrating.. Also spamming doesn't work either and i tried spamming Freeze/uppercut and Raiden tornado..and anyway this is a "Bitching thread" so i'm doing what the title suggests... Been playing this MK thing all morning as well so i've gotten enough practice in to know what i'm doing

Edited by Mysterious Mr L

I have an actual MK2 coin-op arcade and nowhere in it does it sound like the fighters are jumping around on wrestling ring floors as it does in this. It also rubs me the wrong way that when you press the back button to pause the game, that menu music is almost 100x louder than the actual game. This is such a TERRIBLE port of these games. Now I see why they only charged 800 points. Oh well...

I hate the AI in this game. I have it set to VERY EASY and I still keep loosing. I've been stuck on Motaro for about an hour, possibly more, and he keeps destroying me. I MAY win a round, but it doesn't last long. The AI in this game is cheap, in at least MK1 and UMK3, I haven't even played MK2 yet. I know I'm not terrible at fighting games in general. I can't believe I bought this game and wasted 800 points on it. I could have gotten something much better. I'm very dissapointed.

I hate the AI in this game. I have it set to VERY EASY and I still keep loosing. I've been stuck on Motaro for about an hour, possibly more, and he keeps destroying me. I MAY win a round, but it doesn't last long. The AI in this game is cheap, in at least MK1 and UMK3, I haven't even played MK2 yet. I know I'm not terrible at fighting games in general. I can't believe I bought this game and wasted 800 points on it. I could have gotten something much better. I'm very dissapointed.

Motaro is easy when using someone who can pull of combos by just mashing the X button (Like Scorpion) .. jump towards him, pull off the combo, jump back, etc.

I forgot how punishing the difficulty for the arcade versions were. I beat Mortal Kombat 1 after a bunch of tries and the last thing I wanted to do was hop onto MK2 right afterwards, scared to fight against Shao Khan cause I'll probably throw my controller across the room. Very Easy difficulty my ass, still hard as hell.

for some strange reason ever mortal kombat game im decent in but i just cant play well in mortal kombat 1 i dont know i even tried the trails and set it to very easy and still cant beat it and when i switched it to very east i didnt notice a difference its like its back to normal again maybe i just suck at this i dont know.:(