Achievement Discussion w/videos

Shelton

I wonder whether the coop achievements can be done locally with a second controller?

The expert achieve from 2010 becomes export or hard in 2011 - but I wonder whether the assists trick will still work?

No, the co-op championship is only available online. You can do one off races locally, but that's it. I think everyone will be wondering that, it just depends if they throw an autosave in when you change the settings, or some sort of check. To be fair, hard is only pro AI, manual gears, medium traction control and simulation settings (fuel, tyre wear) AFAIK, so it's not that bad.

What about the "Driver Championship Hard"- Achievement?

You have to win the driver´s championship on hard or expert to unlock this one. There should be no confusion so far.

As you might remember, it has been possible to trick out this achievement in F1 2010. I don´t think that this is possible in F1 2011 too: If you start a career in hard- or expertmode and you´re going to reset the adjustments in the pause-menu once you are on the track, the game directly autosaves your new settings so that it´s impossible to trick the game now.

My suggestion is that you have to disable autosave but i didn´t try out yet.

Thank God you´re able to choose a three-lap-race now, so it shouldn´t take too much time to find out.

If you know how this (one and only semi-hard) achievement can be unlocked, please answer this quote.

• 2 months later...

I'm wondering about Test drive chieevo, I haven't foun anything pointing this for 100% sure but are thoose need to be valid laps or I can cut thet rack as much as I want? This way it's much faster on Monza or Montreal.

edit

Now I can confirm that theese laps don't need to be validated with valid lap times so you can cut corners as much as you want and obviously Monza and Canada are best for it (Monza is better).

When you rech thoose tracks in career (best to do in second season since ealier you'll be driving practice laps often if you want improve your car for team) pick long weekend.

Edited by igor5618

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wondering about Test drive chieevo, I haven't foun anything pointing this for 100% sure but are thoose need to be valid laps or I can cut thet rack as much as I want? This way it's much faster on Monza or Montreal.

edit

Now I can confirm that theese laps don't need to be validated with valid lap times so you can cut corners as much as you want and obviously Monza and Canada are best for it (Monza is better).

When you rech thoose tracks in career (best to do in second season since ealier you'll be driving practice laps often if you want improve your car for team) pick long weekend.

Now I'm wondering if it can track the exact distance your car travels (i.e 3 miles if you cut corners) OR whether it tallies the number of practice laps you do and just adds the total track length to your total (i.e 4 miles).