Madden 09 Freezing on you? Annoying Glitches in the game? Tell your story here.

mksystem74

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah , mine freezes when ever i try to save or sim over two games in franchise. It's really pissing me off, how am i supposed to play if i cant save?

I can't fucking save my game at all in franchise!!! It's really pissing me off!! Fuck u ea!!

Freezes EVERY time i try to save in franchise or when i try to sim games, really pissing me off.

Edited by Jdm
Save on the Triple-Post. ;)

Since there seems to be so many freezing/glitching issues with Madden 09, you can vent here. Hopefully this thread will minimize the creation of new threads in regards to those particular issues in the game.

I love my Madden and I look forward to it every year. With the game constantly freezing, what can I do, but to stop playing it? I live for the Franchise Mode. I love building up my team, but it seems as if it always freezes after you complete the first year of your franchise.

Here I am winning the Super Bowl and setting up my team for a second year in the Franchise Mode. I sign my players, make my trades, and set up my Draft Picks for the up coming draft. I complete my first pre-season game, go to save and it freezes. I load back my save and attempt to Sim the game and it also freezes. This has also happened to me in Madden 08 during my second Franchise year.

It's very frustrating and it angers me because I can no longer progress in the game. I feel as if I made all those roster moves for my team for NOTHING. So now I'm contemplating about selling my copy because I can no longer continue doing what I love.

Get the damn game straight EA!!!:mad:

Edited by Jdm

For those that don't already know, here's some news on all the freezing/glitches in the game. The news is not necessarily "new", but it should help those of you having particular problems. Still, EA has yet to resolve the Franchise issues.:mad:

Freezing Issue Updates:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=412691&tstart=0

EA's Producer Blog(08/26/08):

http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/blog.jsp

• 2 weeks later...

wow.... wish i could have saved myself the money and not purchased this game. i haven't been able to make it through 1 damn game yet. why the hell are publishers allowed to put out garbage like this? they spend all year hyping up their new season and once it's released they let it rot.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been attempting to play this game and every time it freezes right at the opening loading screen. I've updated from Xbox Live, tried playing disconnected from Xbox Live, tried playing without my HD (as suggested from Microsoft), and even tried playing on another friends Xbox. Every time the same crap. What's the dealio?

I've been attempting to play this game and every time it freezes right at the opening loading screen. I've updated from Xbox Live, tried playing disconnected from Xbox Live, tried playing without my HD (as suggested from Microsoft), and even tried playing on another friends Xbox. Every time the same crap. What's the dealio?

When it freezes on the opening of the screen, that's the worst kind. You literally can't play the game. The updates over Live unfortunately isn't a patch to fix the freezing issues. A spokesperson from EA has said that they're well aware of the issues and are working towards a solution, but that takes away time from working on Madden 2010. Lame, isn't it?

I've also tried what you've done and my Franchise Mode still freezes. Oh EA...:mad:

Edited by Jdm

oh i wish my problem was the freezing. you guys are lucky. i got this thing where the players limbs just go all crazy and the players are sliding left and right and everytime i go for a play action pass it just makes my QB run. phew oh and also everytime i go for a field goal the quarterback doesnt catch the ball and it just slides behind the kicker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New issues just keep popping up lol. It really does suck that, if EA does take the time to fix this, they may end up spending time that could have been used on Madden 2010. Now, not only are we going to be left with a game that hardly runs, we're going to have to worry about the next one being garbage as well. What a vicious cycle on my wallet.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...