A-m-a-z-i-n-g

Fang Foom

So Alan Wake has always been one of those games I wanted, but never got round to buying. After finally getting it for as a present, I've just finished Chapter One and am feeling pumped.

When "In Dreams" kicks in, it just seems perfect and made me tingle! Also, when the "Previously on Alan Wake" came up, it made me smile.

I hope you guys dont mind me writing a kind of pointless thread but it truely was one of the moments in gaming that felt perfect.

Hope the rest of the game is as good as I've read some people saying it gets boring?

Glad your loving the game. It only get's better as you progress on. I'm not going to spoil anything, but yes it does get twisted later on, be prepared :Bounce:

To me, the game wasn't boring at any point, but to some it has. It all depends on the persons love/hate towards the game.

So Alan Wake has always been one of those games I wanted, but never got round to buying. After finally getting it for as a present, I've just finished Chapter One and am feeling pumped.

When "In Dreams" kicks in, it just seems perfect and made me tingle! Also, when the "Previously on Alan Wake" came up, it made me smile.

I hope you guys dont mind me writing a kind of pointless thread but it truely was one of the moments in gaming that felt perfect.

Hope the rest of the game is as good as I've read some people saying it gets boring?

I would'nt call it pointess after reading this I have not got it on order for £10 :woop:

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed it! I've just done it on Nightmare and that was intense. Lots of out of breath running!

Also just did the Signal DLC without dying. Sheesh Im sweaty.

I get why people say it's boring but I think the story is so good. Also, the feel of being in a small town and the sigh of the woods in daytime is just so well done!

LOVE IT!

3 more achievements then Im done. Not looking forward to doing the Writer (think thats the second DLC?) without dying

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, which is admittedly not much, I really liked Alan Wake.... except for the two "finish without reloading" achievements in the DLC. I don't mind tough achievements, and I like to be challenged.... but Alan Wake is really terrible at platforming elements and I really dislike one-shot chances for achievements.

I don't mind dying 50 times in a tough combat, using resources more and more carefully until finally getting it right.... but the whole spinning world/whoopsie I'm dead, there goes another 30 minutes of an attempt got really old really fast.

Good game, but it should have stuck to what it was good at, which was creepy vibes, good writing, decent thrills and chills, and combat. FFS Alan Wake is NOT Ezio and shouldn't have to jump around like an idiot over and over trying to get some precise platforming section completed.

Rant over.... good game all in all, just a REALLY crappy couple of achievements.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got this game a couple weeks ago and I LOVED it. It's most definitely on my list of games to get 100% on :p.

It can get a little repetitive at times, but I only realize that now that someone else mentioned it. You really don't think about it while you're playing the game... the story has you waaaay too sucked in to care.

A lot of games tend to lack in the storyline department, but Alan Wake is NOT one of them. I recommend it to everyone!