Official Daily/Weekly Challenges Thread

SuperSkyline89

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Heroic Demon

You have to be in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic difficulty. You have full customization options at your disposal so there's no excuse not to get this. If you don't want to use customization use a Plasma Pistol Overcharge followed by a headshot. Otherwise set all waves to Elites, make yourself invincible, and jump right into the action with your weapon of choice."

Since when have you been able to set invincibility in matchmaking Firefight?? Are you confusing this for custom games?

"Heroic Demon

You have to be in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic difficulty. You have full customization options at your disposal so there's no excuse not to get this. If you don't want to use customization use a Plasma Pistol Overcharge followed by a headshot. Otherwise set all waves to Elites, make yourself invincible, and jump right into the action with your weapon of choice."

Since when have you been able to set invincibility in matchmaking Firefight?? Are you confusing this for custom games?

My mistake, was trying to get it up before heading to class. It's fixed.

anyone know what the fastest way to get today's "heroic demon" challenge would be? i'm only getting two per actual matchmaking game, which is just a huge waste of time. do elites appear in any of the score attack modes?

NEW UPDATE: elites do in fact appear on the fifth wave of sniper attacks.

Edited by Mister Buds

Any suggestions on the best Grunt-killing level?

I went through a friends stats on Bungie.net and he got anywhere from 50-90 Grunt kills per level. His max was 92 on Level 7. If you don't mind reloading checkpoints just load up any mission and find an area where there's a large group of them and let yourself die after all the Grunts are dead. As long as you don't get a checkpoint after killing them you could just repeat that until you get the challenge.

anyone know what the fastest way to get today's "heroic demon" challenge would be? i'm only getting two per actual matchmaking game, which is just a huge waste of time. do elites appear in any of the score attack modes?

There was a video a while ago showing a mode called Sniper Timez. You start with sniper rifles and all the enemies are Heretic Elites. I don't know if that mode is online for matchmaking but if it is you'll get the challenge within minutes.

UPDATE: ok, elites 100% do not appear in gruntpocalypse or sniper attack. in the actual score attack mode within score attack, they appear on the final wave, which is not helpful at all. was down to one minute when the final wave came and all of the elites had fuel rod cannons. i'm not even going to bother with general defense because that mode sucks.

Are you sure you tried Sniper Attack? I was on Sniper Attack on Corvette earlier and the Elites appear on the 5th wave. As far as I know the waves are always the same (I've done Sniper Attack on Corvette quite a few times). Managed to rack up 8 Elite kills and then I finished the Round not long after. It's pretty easy really when you have Sniper Rifle and infinite Ammo.

Are you sure you tried Sniper Attack? I was on Sniper Attack on Corvette earlier and the Elites appear on the 5th wave. As far as I know the waves are always the same (I've done Sniper Attack on Corvette quite a few times). Managed to rack up 8 Elite kills and then I finished the Round not long after. It's pretty easy really when you have Sniper Rifle and infinite Ammo.

you are correct. i just played my first sniper attack of the day and racked up 8 elite kills. i just came back to this thread to update. i didn't know those guys were elites, but glad they are.

The waves do change. There is one load out where the final wave is all brutes, then one where there are like 10 Elite Jumpers. Then another with heavy elites that all have plasma cannons heavy weapons.

Regarding today's 50 assists.

DRIVE a warthog!!! You can get assist after asssit on one, especially if you have a good gunner. I do BTB and just keep the pedal to the medal. I never, EVER stop the truck for any reason, take wide, fast turns and let the gunner go nuts.

Regarding today's 50 assists.

DRIVE a warthog!!! You can get assist after asssit on one, especially if you have a good gunner. I do BTB and just keep the pedal to the medal. I never, EVER stop the truck for any reason, take wide, fast turns and let the gunner go nuts.

Driving a Warthog when the gunner gets a kill is a Wheelman medal. An assist requires you to damage an enemy that one of your teammates kills.

Wheelman and Assist are the same in Firefight but not in multiplayer.

here's a couple tips for today's challenges:

throwing fireballs- vote for elite slayer. all the classes come equipped with two sticky grenades. and, if it's anything like the match i got it in, everyone will be throwing their grenades as well.

go right ahead folks- invasion matches offer a first kill in each round (i believe there's four or five rounds per match). on most maps the infected and survivors spawn relatively close to each other as well. just rush the other team and try to take someone out.

I got a good tip for Assists. Play in Multi-team and just focus on trying to remove a opponents shield. Throw grenades at them, shoot them, or if your feeling ballsy, you can punch them. After you take down their shield IGNORE THEM! If any member of the game kills this player you will get the assist, be they on your team or not. I find this works pretty well, but can be frustrating at times when the person's shield you take down seems to be invincible and gets like a triple kill after taking you out.

You guys really have a hard time with assists? Play some games with my friends... =/ I'm constantly getting 6+ assists per match because they always steal my kills when I don't need help and when I do need help, they are nowhere to be seen.

Best place for the 8 grenade kills is rumble pit IMO. Just got 8 in my first match. Make sure you pick off the guests ;).