josherpillage

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally. I have all the achievements :)

I didn't even saved in the first disc.

My saves were:

Chapter 7 ( Just before going outside and fix the solar arrays). Didn't wanna die from the free fall. lol

Chapter 11 ( Just before going through the Drill Ride)

Chapter 14 (Just before the big dash to the finish)

Whatever you do guys. Use the force gun and upgrade its damage and the plasma cutter for long range. Upgrade your Rigs HP and Statis duration. It will help a lot.

Foam Finger Gun/Hand Cannon/Pew Pew is awesome! :D I just wish i played my Zealot playthrough with it.

My saves were:

1st: Chapter 5 before meeting Daina (Not very ideal as I didn't die until I was at Chapter 7 which at that point I just used the Disc Swap glitch

2nd: Chapter 10 before the Ishimura because I was scared the power go out and I wasn't very comfortable with that part. Luckily I did because I died from an Elite slasher in the medical sector

3rd: Chapter 13 after opening the doors which was in that area that you have a fight in after sending Ellie off. HUGE mistake here because I started to get really pissed off as I kept dieing after the Eye Poke machine so I had to keep restarting and running through the red rooms as well as the stalker and laser room part which was a real pain in the ass. It seems as though after the Eye Poke you can get a lot of stupid deaths like from the flame part where you fight the thing that shoots out the bombs.

Save 1: Chapter 5 - Room before Daina and the gunship attack

Save 2: Chapter 10 - On the Ishimura at a central point with a store and save point before heading down to the Centrifuge (only because the elevator wouldn't load so I had to save)

Save 3: Chapter 13: Right after Isaac shuts off the power and the necromorphs break into the compound.

I made my first save because I was afraid I was going to die when you are getting dragged by the big tripod or whatever and you have to shoot the yellow parts of his arms. I also wasn't sure what I had to do after I was ejected into space. The other times I just shot wildly and I survived.

The second save I wanted to keep until just before the yellow elevator and drill ride in Chapter 11 but I had to use it because my game glitched. Fortunately, I was able to get through the elevator and drill ride in one shot. I just stocked up on tons of med packs to prepare for it. Just launched stasis at all those Lurkers that are lined up to snipe you. Those are your biggest threat on the drill.

My third save I made early in Chapter 13. I wasn't worried about the "eye poke machine" at all because if you take your time and position the needle right, you can see a clear pattern and know exactly when to press the A button. And after that it's all just running past the enemies, force gunning and stasising, with tons of health packs just to be safe. The final boss is easy as long as you have the contact beam and about a dozen shots. For me it was two shots to Nicole, two shots to the heart, two shots to Nicole, two shots to the heart, and done! I didn't even get touched by the pack of annoying little black dudes.

Unfortunately, on my first attempt I actually died after the final fight by hitting a rock on the flight up to Ellie and the gunship. I thought I was going to lose it but I calmed down and tried again. I finished about an hour later after watching a YouTube video of the final flight and seeing where the rocks were that I had to dodge. It's funny because I never died at that part on my previous two playthroughs.

1000/1000G Yay!

I used my last save right before the drill. I got to level 14, where you go Zero-G, and I didn't clear the second pounding thing by enough and it crushed me. It was extremely disheartening. The Eye poke machine was nerve-wracking but I did it. I don't really thing I want to try again anytime soon though. Not worth the toll on my nerves.

1st: At chapter 5 right before the tormenter. Should have saved that save because I didn't die at all.

2nd: At chapter 9 right before the stalker room. Was going to save before the 2 brutes in chapter 10 but fighting the stalkers and the tripods only takes 10 minutes to do.

3rd: In chapter 13 right before the the red rooms. Wasnt really afraid of the eye poke machine cause my last 2 playthroughs I never died from them.

I only died twice and that was in chapter 7 during the free fall section. To get from beginning of chapter 7 to the end of chapter 7 took me half an hour do I lost an hour of my life...

Final time: 5h 37m

Chapter 3 (Because I died before at the point where you reach the bottom level of that condo building)

Chapter 11 (Right at the beginning after you get out of the pod or whatever)

Chapter 13 right before you pull the power block out to let the necros in

I died damn near 15 times in that last stretch from tons of stupid reasons, and here is what I have to say:

1) TRY TRY TRY for all that is holy to save before the eye-poke. Even if you die before you get there and have to go back, it's worth it. The last stretch can be difficult.

2) If you are using the Plasma Cutter/Force gun thing ONLY BUY HEALTH AND FORCE GUN AMMO and keep about 50 plasma shots for the final boss. I had to load up with about 15 health kits to survive the final stretch and boss fight. Didn't use the PC until the final boss fight, which was stressful to say the least.

Chapter 5: Inside the Unitology Gift Shop

Chapter 10: Second save point into the Ishimura, the one with all the freaking out monitors (still not to any fighting on ship yet)

Chapter 13: Just before the eye ball machine, but after seeing the marker sequence

@The Betrayer142 Easiest final boss method I found was Force Gun/ Contact beam combo, 2 to 3 force shots on her, then pop off two contact shots in marker, 2 or 3 more shots in her, only 1 contact shot needed to finish off marker. You dont even need a single upgrade or contact ammo in reserve as stock it has 4 shots :D

Edited by Tallgeese

saved on -

chapter 5.

chapter 8 (i wanted to get further but i was too tired)

chapter 11 (could have got further but decided to save before the drill machine)

force gun was my main weapon throughout, only used plasma cutter for times needed like brutes or decompression windows, force gun blew everything away including the regenerator.

at the start of chapter 15 where the last store/bench/save is i respecced the plasma and force gun and sold them then upgraded the contact beam which i bought, then i ran using ALT fire on the contact beam and eventually reached the boss, used ALT fire on necro kids and the boss, when she died i used the normal fire of the contact beam to shoot the heart, only took 2 times to finish the boss.

5: right before boss followed by the pack. This was my first attempt at hardcore and i saw myself choking at any moment.

8: right before zero g with spinning drills. After instant dying on the drills (when I swear I wasn't even close) I couldn't handle the pressure and I didn't have enough time to continue from the disc change again so I saved when I made it back.

11: right before zero g (before the elevator). I was running late and I saw myself choking and insta-dying on some b.s. so I saved.

Maxed out plasma cutter, Advanced RIG suit, and stasis.

Overall, from the chapter 11 save, I had 3 attempts. I died on the final boss twice and beat it my third try. It's such a rush playing for an hour and a half plus through the most intense part of the game. I have no regrets. My heart rate goes insane and I have to set the controller down and take a breather. Getting to the boss the first time I swear I blacked out. I died in 10 seconds and almost threw up. I didn't touch the game for a week. Beating this on Hard Core is one of my proudest achievements.

Chapter 5 - Before the Tripod in the Church. Waste of a save. Never died from here until Chapter 9.

Chapter 9 - After the Stalker & Guardian room, before the Tripod nest. Another wasted save. Died before this point once then after getting this far and saving I didn't die until Chapter 13.

Chapter 13 - Before the laser centrifuge. So glad I saved here since I died immediately by forgetting about a puker when trying to run between rooms. Only died at the eye poke machine once after that then it was hello Hard Core achievement :p

Using Plasma Cutter & Force Gun.

if anyone thinks they are screwed with their saves and want to restart, DONT QUIT YET! these were my saves.

4 and 7 in the middle about of each chapter then the very beginning of chapter 11 when the number comes up in the lower corner.

I was playing all night and little sleep on my days off so knowing what was ahead I didnt want to mess up and return to those chapters so thats why I saved at crappy spots ;p after dieing a few times after chapter 11 I got some rest then came back and did it in one try.

my heart was pumping so fast near the end even for awhile after I beat the game ;p

Chapter 5 - In the blue room with the bench and store where you have to move the three hanging magnet thingies in front of the save terminal.

Chapter 9 - Right before the tripods where you have to blow up the tentacles.

Chapter 13 - Just before you say bye bye to Ellie in the gunship.

1) End of Chapter 7 - When leaving the captain's quarters before the freefall. (I wanted to save before the unpredictable freefall and I never died to utilize the imfamous disc change checkpoint and, quite frankly, I was afraid to use it in case it didn't work.)

2) Middle of Chapter 10 - On the Ishimura, after activating the centrifuge, before getting on the tram to the medical center. (I had a pretty good stew going and didn't want to risk dying a cheap death by screaming exploders at the medical center hack.)

3) Middle of Chapter 13 - Before the centrifuge machine. (I wanted to save before the eye poke machine, so why not save before the sketchy centrifuge part and the run through the red rooms to fight the last brute--glad I saved there too because I died about four times between that save and Chapter 14.)

Edited by FranksEZ