Fallout 3 enemy guide.

Lordvader178

I should be updating my Guitar Hero guide but i got bored so decided to write something new. Even if this doesn't help you, it will help me so here you go. This will contain spoilers.

Tips:

Weapons:

Chinese Assault Rifle: This weapon is good all around and really strong. Ammo is easy to find (nearly every talking creature has them). You can stockpile these weapons for a quest later on (requires 20).

Combat Shotgun: Your main weapon, headshot all of the enimies with this, but you should usually buy your ammo. It's super strong.

Hunting Rifle: Your 3rd weapon, it's bolt actioness is great for pulling out headshots and is super powerful, but don't rely on it in a full out firefight.

10mm Pistol: Only carry this around to kkill weak enimies, saves wasting other ammo.

Animals

Radroach

Radroaches are the first enemy in the game. The are basically giant cockroaches. Raiation + Cockraoch = Radroach. You only have the BB Gun at the start and it is horribly weak. Once you get out of the vault, these are the weakest enimies in the game. Any shot from a weapon will kill them, as will any melee weapon. They only have a leaping attack, and they are usually located in factories. It's the speed and number's you should worry about, not the strength.

Bloatflies

The are like giant flies. Bloated flies = Bloatflies. They have the exact same health as roaches but fly in the air and as such and catch up to you fast. They have a really weak ranged attack and no melee attack, so it's best to use a pistol. They die in one hit, after all. They can be located anywhere.

Mole Rat

Found in the wasteland. They are like the real life counterparts except without hair. They have a basic claw attack and come in numbers. I suggest getting the Animal Friend perk so they at least don't attack you. Relatively weak.

Wild Dog

These are hairless dogs. They are bigger, faster and stronger then Mole Rats. However they are still pretty weak, and a few headshots will kill them.

Mad Brahmin

I've never even seen one of these. I am guessing they are just like normal Brahmin (2 headed orange cows) and attack out. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say to shoot them in the face. (Thanks Spineless)

Yao Guai

Personally, i found these after i got the Animal Friend perk. They are like mutated zombie bears and i heard they pack a mean punch.

Deathclaw

Now, imagine you are walking in a town. You hear a scream behind you, turn around, nothing there. You turn back around, AND THERE IS A HUGE MONSTER WAITING TO RAPE YOUR FAMILY. That's not a Deathclaw. Deathclaw's want to rap everyone you know as well. They are hard to explain. Kind of like hairless minotaurs. They are abnormally fast, super strong (like 3 hit kill strong) and very sneaky. Headshots seem to be best if you can land them. The drop Deathclaw claw's which are worth 20 caps each. They are rare, but they are creatures you don't want to mess with.

Mirelurks

Mirelurk

Mirelurk's are like really big crab people with multiple claws and a hard shell on back. They are relatively fast and very strong. They have one weak point, which is the face. The face is small, and hard to hit. Your best bet is when they lunge to attack you, dodge it then when they tilt back up, VATS it and Combat Shotgun the face. It should die in 1-2 hits.

Mirelurk Hunter

These are normal Mirelurk's with a brown tint and have more health. Same strategy applies.

Nukalurk

These are only foundin the NukaCola plant and have a really cool blue tint. However, they are exactlly the same as hunter's.

Mirelurk King

Ceature from the black lagoon? These look like walking...i have no idea. They are weak in melee, but can turn invisible and fire psychic blasts that have the ability to break your skull at full health. However, because they have no armor, they are relatively easy kills. They drop good items as well so be sure to sell them.

Radscorpions/Giant Radscorpions

These are just like big grey scorpions. The normal ones aren't very powerful, so target their body. The Giant Ones are some of the toughest enemies in the game. They have a shitload of health and take around 15 blasts with a shotgun to go down. My personal recommendation is the Shiskebab. It's fast and you can circle around them, and it does DOT as well. If you see someone fighting these in the wasteland, help them. They WILL NOT survive.

Ghouls

Feral Ghoul

Orange, skinny zombies that are really fast but really weak, and one headshot should kill him. Every ghoul has the same attack, which is to run up and claw. You know they are coming when you hear a growl, and are usually found in DC subways.

Feral Ghoul Roamers

Feral Ghould that have a bit darker skin and wear black pants and a blue shirt. They have more health and do more damage.

Glowing One

These glow with heavy radiation but nonetheless have ths same attacks. They are twice as strong as Roamers but have the ability to inflict Radiation Poisoning upon their attacks. 4 headshots with the Combat Shotgun should do the trick.

Humans

Raiders

The main human enemy during the wasteland, they wear minimal armor and usually come in packs of 2-3. If they are wearing a helmet, go for their legs. They carry Assaulty rifle's and such.

Slavers

Very rare but stronger then Raiders. Same tactice apply.

Insane Vaultist

Found in one of the Vault's are crazy vault dwellers that attac with whatever they get their hands on. I doubt they have armor, so a headshot would put them in their place. (Thank ryfly).

Talon Company

These are the most dangerous and have their own armor and come in packs of three. One of them has the killing Contract on him. They are like a pack of assassin's. They show up unexpectedly when you wander through the wasteland, or come out of a subway.

Brotherhood Of Steel

There is no reason you should be fighting these guys. Possibly the strongest enimies in the game, why you would start a fight is beyond me.

Enclave Soldier

These guys have their own armor and show up during and after Chap 5. All of them carry Plasma weapons and their armor is really good. Headshots seem to work best of course, and Plasma works wonders.

Tesla Soldier

Enclave Soldiers that glow blue, these have more health the a standard Encalve and carry the strong Plasma Rifle's. They are rare though.

Super Mutants

Centaur

This thing is kind of like a slug with 4 legs on it. It's main attack is to spit out radiation globs at you. These do +4 Rad Damage per second but goes away quickly. They are pretty easy to kill, my personal preference is the hunting rifle.In the face if possible.

Super Mutant

These guys are like big yellow ogre's with body armor. They die easily from headshots though, and you will encounter these guys all throughout the wasteland. Their main weapons are Hunting Rifle's Assault Rifle's and Sledgehammer's.

Super Mutant Brute

These are the tougher cousins os SM's. They wear helmet's on their head and usually carry Miniguns, Chinese Assault Rifle's and Rocket Launchers.

Super Mutant Master

These guys are a bitch to kill. It will take a shitload of shots with any weapon and they are really fast. They carry Super Sledge's, Rocket Launchers, Miniguns and Grenades. Shoot out their legs first then the head.

Super Mutant Behemoth

There are only 5 in the game. The biggest and baddest enemy in the game, they just will not die. Because they are big, they are fast and cover large distances. They carry melee weapons only. If you get into a small crevice or somewhere where they can't hit you, and you have ALOT of ammo, your all set.

Robots

Tip: For all robots, the best weapon is the pulse grenade. It kills in one hit for every robot, and 2 for Sentry Bots.

Protectron

These are oval robots that shoot lasers. Easy to kill, never come in packs and very inaccurate. You see your first one in front of Megaton, although he is not hostile.

Nuka-Cola Security

Thee are like Protectron's except they have red paint in the joint area's. Only found in the Nuka-Cola Plant

Mark V Turret

Turret's found on ceilings that shoot you with a minigun. Easy kills, but make sure you use VATs because by the time you spot them, they would have lost alot of health.

Robobrain

Found after you visit Tranquility Lane, these tanks are big and fire lazers. However, the brain is really weak and can be penetrated quite easily. They are slow as well.

Mr Gutsy

You see a Mr Handy during your 10th birthday party. Gusy's are exactlly like them, but dark green. They honor their military code and will not hesitate to put you down. They shot lazer's and plasma and have no visible weak spot. The body is really strong, aim for their sensors or their weapons.

Security Bot

These guys are hard. The very definition of walking tanks. Behind Behemoths, these things are insane. They have no weak spot, are fast, scare the shit out of you and they are very accurate and powerful. Always run away and turn around and fire then repeat. They are MEAN suckers.

If i forgot anything or you have any tips, just post. I'll update with what perks are good later.

Edited by Lordvader178

^^

nope they are in vault 101 not 106

<Very minor spoiler below>

You can kill them at the beggining of the game when you are escaping the vault. Butch you can kill after you leave your bedroom when he comes to ask for you help, Paul hannon and the other guy (can't remember his name) you can kill later on in the level (they are near where amata is being interrogated)

those are the weapons your recomending?

My weapon setup

all the special versions with more firepower.

Scoped 44 Magnum - pretty much 1-hit headshot to almost anything in the game. super mutants take 2-3.

10mm Sub-Machine - sydneys one has almost perfect accuracy. takes down most everything very fast.

Sniper Rifle - headshot fun. once again can take out almost anything in 1-2 headshots. human/ghouls 1-2 shots anywhere.

Laser Gating - kills anything in the game in under 5 seconds. Behemoths in about 15.

Missile Launcher - kinda obvious here.

Fat Man - again, kinda obvious.

I also have the flamer and Alien blaster on reserve. Alien blaster disintegrates anything in the game in 1-3 shots. behemoths in about 8.

I should be updating my Guitar Hero guide but i got bored so decided to write something new. Even if this doesn't help you, it will help me so here you go. This will contain spoilers.

Tips:

Weapons:

Hunting Rifle: Your 3rd weapon, it's bolt actioness is great for pulling out headshots and is super powerful, but don't rely on it in a full out firefight.

Scoped Magnum.44 beats the hunting rifle in all domains. More precise. More powerful. Use it in Stealth mode and with an undetected critic attck u'll blow the head of almost anything (except deathclaws and Beheloths)

Deathclaw

Now, imagine you are walking in a town. You hear a scream behind you, turn around, nothing there. You turn back around, AND THERE IS A HUGE MONSTER WAITING TO RAPE YOUR FAMILY. That's not a Deathclaw. Deathclaw's want to rap everyone you know as well. They are hard to explain. Kind of like hairless minotaurs. They are abnormally fast, super strong (like 3 hit kill strong) and very sneaky. Headshots seem to be best if you can land them. The drop Deathclaw claw's which are worth 20 caps each. They are rare, but they are creatures you don't want to mess with.

Hairless minotaurs? Minotaurs have horns, no hairs. And Deathclaw don't have horns. They are more like a big lizard. Kind of a 10 foot tall Velociraptor (seeing their speed, it's the best comparison)

First Deatclaws are not that rare. When u progress in the game and if u spend some time in the northern wastelands, u'll see quite a few. And if u go to Old Olney, u'll see packs of this bastards. Expect to have them attack u at least at 2

Well, they are way less dangerous that they look. Of course they are insanely fast and if they manage to touch u they'll rip a huge part of ur Life Points.

Insanely fast = cripple their leg. The best way is to use the dart weapon (that cripples anybody leg with a single shot). If u don't get the schematics for it yet, use with misssile launchet in VATS. That should do the trick. If u don't manage to cripple it...well RIP man.

speaking of the crazies in vault 106 can u actually kill the bullies from your b day party. ifound them on the lowest level with some mad doctor dude,i must of laid about 10 shotgun shells those bastards wouldnt fall.

They were not really here. U see them during the visions moment when u are under the influence of the neurotoxic gas that drove Gary clones crazy.

I found this thing called a Centaur that was a weird mutated walking/crawling squid dude with like 5 crazy tongues that they whip you with while puking some brown shit. They went down easy with a shotgun blast to the dome. Didn't see one on your list.

When u see centaurs...that usualy means Super Mutants...this hoorors are like garding dogs for mutants

Edited by Shinobi273

this no longer being updated? (radscorpians havent been added...)

anyhows: Giant Ant Queen

the Giant ant queen is to ants as the Behemoth is to Supermutants.

Its large

It has wings (though I didnt see it fly)

It also spits a yellowish goo at you (plasma?)

Known Location:

[spoiler=gaqloc]

Found one in the Corvega Factory (just sw of Vault 108)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, had other things. Will update now :).

those are the weapons your recomending?

My weapon setup

all the special versions with more firepower.

Scoped 44 Magnum - pretty much 1-hit headshot to almost anything in the game. super mutants take 2-3. Ammo not very common. And you find them pretty late in the game.

10mm Sub-Machine - sydneys one has almost perfect accuracy. takes down most everything very fast. - If your playing good, you don't want to kill a friendly NPC, plus it's easier to find ammo for Assault Rifles.

Sniper Rifle - headshot fun. once again can take out almost anything in 1-2 headshots. human/ghouls 1-2 shots anywhere. There really is no need for this weapon.

Laser Gating - kills anything in the game in under 5 seconds. Behemoths in about 15. Late in the game, eats ammo.

Missile Launcher - kinda obvious here. - Not necessary.

Fat Man - again, kinda obvious. - See above, little ammo.

I also have the flamer and Alien blaster on reserve. Alien blaster disintegrates anything in the game in 1-3 shots. behemoths in about 8.

See bold. Plus the Alien Blaster has little ammo, the Flamer is pretty useless.

Scoped Magnum.44 beats the hunting rifle in all domains. More precise. More powerful. Use it in Stealth mode and with an undetected critic attck u'll blow the head of almost anything (except deathclaws and Beheloths)

Hairless minotaurs? Minotaurs have horns, no hairs. And Deathclaw don't have horns. They are more like a big lizard. Kind of a 10 foot tall Velociraptor (seeing their speed, it's the best comparison) Actually, they do have horns, and they resemble Minotaurs. plus it's easier for people to reference with instead of saying, "WTF is a Velociraptor?"

First Deatclaws are not that rare. When u progress in the game and if u spend some time in the northern wastelands, u'll see quite a few. And if u go to Old Olney, u'll see packs of this bastards. Expect to have them attack u at least at 2. This guide is assuming a first time through with exploring done after you finish all but the last quest. The first time you see a Deathclaw, you will probably die, if your playing Normal or above.

Well, they are way less dangerous that they look. Of course they are insanely fast and if they manage to touch u they'll rip a huge part of ur Life Points. As the most dangerous monster in the game aside from Behemoth's and Sentry bots, they are not less dangerous then they look.

Insanely fast = cripple their leg. The best way is to use the dart weapon (that cripples anybody leg with a single shot). If u don't get the schematics for it yet, use with misssile launchet in VATS. That should do the trick. If u don't manage to cripple it...well RIP man. True.

You forgot the good bounty hunters too. The regulators I think they're called. You can join them with the Law Bringer perk and if you are very evil in the game then they will attack you in place of the Talon Company.

If they are the exact same as the Talon company, there really is no need to add them, and i have never seen them, so i can't verify.

Edited by Lordvader178

I dont understand the people who say 'Shoot the legs first' or 'Shoot his weapon first'. You dont have to cripple anything when you have just unloaded the Xianyoi Assault Rifle or the Terrible Shotgun in somethings face. Even deathclaws fall at the might of the Terrible Shotgun. Linchons Repeater is also awesome.

Behemoths fall in one trigger pull of the Experimental Fatman (It fires 6 or seven nukes at once).

Good guide, but you left out the ants and need to add a little info to the Glowing ones and Centaurs.

Glowing One

These glow with heavy radiation but nonetheless have ths same attacks. They are twice as strong as Roamers but have the ability to inflict Radiation Poisoning upon their attacks. 4 headshots with the Combat Shotgun should do the trick.

Centaur

This thing is kind of like a slug with 4 legs on it. It's main attack is to spit out radiation globs at you. These do +4 Rad Damage per second but goes away quickly. They are pretty easy to kill, my personal preference is the hunting rifle.In the face if possible.

The Glowing Ones can use their radiation to heal other ghouls so you should take them out first. Centaurs act like watch dogs for Super Mutants if you don't kill the centaur it will alert SM's to your position, so always kill them if they spot you.

There are a few types of giant ants; worker ants, soldier ants, and fire ants, maybe even one I'm missing. Worker Ants are real easy to kill with the .32, soldier ants can be taken with a couple of head shots from the .32 as well or one from the shotgun, as for fire ants, use mines. They run in a straight line and spit fire a good distance so just back up, set down a mine and you're all set.

• 3 months later...

i think u missed sumting. i went to springvale school and unlocked the library room. inside, there was a hole in the floor so i went down and an insect ting started attacking me. when i put it on V.A.T.T.S mode, it said sumting like 'GIANT WORKER ANT' It was quite easy to kill but extremely hard to hit its head. there were loads down there. midget-man.

You forgot the Regulators! If your evil instead of fighting the Talon Company, you'll fight the Regulators and if your good and have the Law Bringer perk you can fight with them. Besides that this a great list cause I've had a lot of trouble with Mirelurks. Another good tip is to use the Dart Gun against the Deathclaws, then kill them with a shotgun. Also you shoul add all the Chinese people in the OA DLC.

Edited by CallMeCarmine

I find the Gauss Rifle + Bloody Mess handy and fun.

It blows off heads/arms/legs and the sometimes even the whole damned body within one shot on Slavers/Raiders and all that crap and rules versus the rest except for Super Mutant Brutes +, Robots and Power Armor guys.

Also Commando can be quiete handy for the Chinese ( Drastically upgrades V.A.T.S. accuracy )