New story DLC?

Bistric

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called Assassin's Creed Revelations: Lost Archive

Found it in an email from Gamestop. Comes out 2/28 for $14.99. I thought it was weird, so I tried to do a little searching on it and found nothing. So then I came here and found this thread and on the main page the achiemvenet list.

Edited by Kankui

GameStop has a listing on their website for an Assassins Creed Revelations Season Pass for PC listed at $22.99 that says you get all upcoming DLC for the game at 20% off. This will be the third DLC and with the first DLC coming in at $3.99, the second at $9.99, and this third at $14.99 that brings us to a grand total of $28.97. While not exactly 20% off of $28.97 it's close enough and leads me to believe and that this will be the last DLC for Revelations because of the Season Pass listing.

The last achievement mentions the river Styx which is in the underworld. Maybe part of it will follow Altair in the afterlife or something.
I'm betting its more of a Metaphor, than a literal reference.

Its called Assassin's Creed Revelations: Lost Archive

Thinking of how Revelations ended, may carry on from there.

Taking from the Name of the DLC, and the Name of some of the new Achievements, I'm betting this will be about Desmond Escaping The Farm when he was a teenager.

Lost Archive - Desmond forgot much of his Childhood.

"Jump they Say" - this sounds like many things Desmond said while slowly remembering his childhood.

"Part of The Creed" - Desmond learning about the Assassin Order?

"Meet your Maker" and "Cross Styx without Dying" - There's a First Person Sequence when we're learning about Desmond's Escape when there's a river involved, and Desmond Mentions Feeling like he was going to Die.

Edited by ZingZitang

Not sure that one source sounds more reliable than the other, but IGN has an article up today saying the price will be 800 MSP:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219110p1.html

"Xbox Live Director of Programming Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) has confirmed that new Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC will hit the Xbox Live Marketplace next week.

In a post on his blog, Hryb revealed a new calendar of upcoming content on Xbox Live. According to the calendar, Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC called "Lost Archive" is set to be released on February 28th for 800 Microsoft Points."

Makes this DLC much more palatable to me. What the content will actually be is still a mystery; all we have are the achievements to go on, and while at least one seems to indicate some more Desmond puzzle sequence, others hint at more action-oriented stuff.

Either way, AC:R and its DLC have killed a significant amount of my excitement. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, so I'm a little surprised at myself that I haven't felt motivated to get the last 3 MP achievements I still need. They just seem lame and not worth the trouble. I'll get 'em eventually, but I find myself preferring to do other things, which is sad. This leaves me with less faith that Ubi will deliver quality gameplay. Certainly not $15 worth, but $10 will feel less like a rip-off.

None of which diminishes my enthusiasm for AC3. It seems that project has been developed separately, so I expect some truly big jumps forward.

Edited by daishichi

Not sure that one source sounds more reliable than the other, but IGN has an article up today saying the price will be 800 MSP:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219110p1.html

"Xbox Live Director of Programming Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) has confirmed that new Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC will hit the Xbox Live Marketplace next week.

In a post on his blog, Hryb revealed a new calendar of upcoming content on Xbox Live. According to the calendar, Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC called "Lost Archive" is set to be released on February 28th for 800 Microsoft Points."

Makes this DLC much more palatable to me. What the content will actually be is still a mystery; all we have are the achievements to go on, and while at least one seems to indicate some more Desmond puzzle sequence, others hint at more action-oriented stuff.

Either way, AC:R and its DLC have killed a significant amount of my excitement. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, so I'm a little surprised at myself that I haven't felt motivated to get the last 3 MP achievements I still need. They just seem lame and not worth the trouble. I'll get 'em eventually, but I find myself preferring to do other things, which is sad. This leaves me with less faith that Ubi will deliver quality gameplay. Certainly not $15 worth, but $10 will feel less like a rip-off.

None of which diminishes my enthusiasm for AC3. It seems that project has been developed separately, so I expect some truly big jumps forward.

http://majornelson.com/2012/02/21/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-3/

Major Nelson also listed it as that price, so $10 is sounding much nicer than $15. I might be able to get it day one too =)

Trailer...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE7gxHoyCPU]Assassin's Creed Revelations: Ottoman Edition | Zavvi.com - YouTube[/ame]

Also comes with the Vlad mission if you don't already have it, as well as three multiplayer characters. Not listed, but I'm assuming they are the Ottoman Doctor and Jester and the Crusader. Bascially all the pre-order MP characters.

Trailer...

Assassin's Creed Revelations: Ottoman Edition | Zavvi.com - YouTube

Also comes with the Vlad mission if you don't already have it, as well as three multiplayer characters. Not listed, but I'm assuming they are the Ottoman Doctor and Jester and the Crusader. Bascially all the pre-order MP characters.

Same thing that I posted on the video...

I'm so lost...is this a trailer for the "Ottomon Edition" or The Lost Archive? I don't see "Ottomon Edition" shown anywhere, this seems to be specifically for The Lost Archive and if that's the case...will it allow us access to the Vlad stuff and the pre-order exclusive DLC multiplayer characters?

Same thing that I posted on the video...

I'm so lost...is this a trailer for the "Ottomon Edition" or The Lost Archive? I don't see "Ottomon Edition" shown anywhere, this seems to be specifically for The Lost Archive and if that's the case...will it allow us access to the Vlad stuff and the pre-order exclusive DLC multiplayer characters?

According to a Ubisoft Facebook post from today, the Lost Archives DLC pack will also contain the pre-order incentives from ACR's initial release. I'm assuming that means all the items you indicated with will have access to now.

According to a Ubisoft Facebook post from today, the Lost Archives DLC pack will also contain the pre-order incentives from ACR's initial release. I'm assuming that means all the items you indicated with will have access to now.

This is what I saw as well. They did this with ACII and AC:B as well, they released the pre-order content with the last DLC. This is one of the reasons I never bothered with the special editions of the game since I knew they would eventually release the 'exclusive' content which was really the only stuff I was interested in anyway.

Edited by bblcreator8790

Saw this?

Fresh Details on AC: Revelations The Lost Archive DLC

We’ve finally got a few concrete details as to the content of the new Assassins Creed: Revelations DLC.

Called “The Lost Archive,” costing 800 MSP [corrected], starring Desmond and releasing on Feb 28th, we already had a few scraps of info thanks to slips and educated guesses, but now a trailer over at online retailer Zavvi reveals a few more snippets (it has since been taken down, soz).

We've seen it though. Apparently, the DLC will offer up a bit more information about Subject 16, revealing when the mysterious figure joined the assassins and how he fits into the overall story. The trailer also reveals that Desmond will indeed star in some more of those puzzle missions inside the Animus.

Meanwhile, we’re still waiting on an official announcement from Ubisoft.

If this is just Subject 16 wandering around the Black Room (or whatever it was called), with his backstory told in the same lame voiceovers we got for Desmond, this will suck. Still, some of those achievements hint at full-fledged relived memories.

I can't believe it's four days out and they're not promoting it. There's a trailer ready, but it got pulled down from the one site that posted it? Even more evidence this will be an embarrassing afterthought.

EDIT: One of the commenters at the article posted this YouTube link. Yup, looks like some cutscenes and more first-person puzzling (except now your Subject 16). Grumble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CLnqbzDJiaI

Any hope I had for story-sounding achievements is gone: here's an image that is almost certainly where you'll get "Part of the Creed10 (10): Take the induction leap of faith":

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/daishichi/LostArchive1.png

Edited by daishichi

Saw this?

Fresh Details on AC: Revelations The Lost Archive DLC

We’ve finally got a few concrete details as to the content of the new Assassins Creed: Revelations DLC.

Called “The Lost Archive,” costing 800 MSP [corrected], starring Desmond and releasing on Feb 28th, we already had a few scraps of info thanks to slips and educated guesses, but now a trailer over at online retailer Zavvi reveals a few more snippets (it has since been taken down, soz).

We've seen it though. Apparently, the DLC will offer up a bit more information about Subject 16, revealing when the mysterious figure joined the assassins and how he fits into the overall story. The trailer also reveals that Desmond will indeed star in some more of those puzzle missions inside the Animus.

Meanwhile, we’re still waiting on an official announcement from Ubisoft.

If this is just Subject 16 wandering around the Black Room (or whatever it was called), with his backstory told in the same lame voiceovers we got for Desmond, this will suck. Still, some of those achievements hint at full-fledged relived memories.

I can't believe it's four days out and they're not promoting it. There's a trailer ready, but it got pulled down from the one site that posted it? Even more evidence this will be an embarrassing afterthought.

EDIT: One of the commenters at the article posted this YouTube link. Yup, looks like some cutscenes and more first-person puzzling (except now your Subject 16). Grumble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CLnqbzDJiaI

Any hope I had for story-sounding achievements is gone: here's an image that is almost certainly where you'll get "Part of the Creed10 (10): Take the induction leap of faith":

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/daishichi/LostArchive1.png

Yeah that's the same trailer Zavvi had up and personally, compared to the other DLC we've got for the game, this one is worth the 10 bucks. Why? Because we spent 10 bucks on a fucking map pack and 4 bucks on four characters...at least this is story related and should take me more than 30 minutes to get the achievements.

I think it might be the final 2 Desmond sequences, i.e. to sets of pillars you can't enter, plus something more with Desmond out and about. "Part of the Creed (10) Take the induction leap of faith" makes it sound like Desmond might actually become a full Assassin with his Dad there.

Depressingly however, if these are real they only add up to 250 making the game 1490 total.

Must be this. If so i'm dissapointed, but I guess it's too early to tell.