poll:how hard is the 1k for nascar 2009??

shadowpwner

How hard is the 1k for Nascar 2009?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How hard is the 1k for Nascar 2009?

• Very Hard
    • Hard
    • Medium
    • Easy
    • Very easy

I feel that this game was a pretty easy 1000 gamerscore. Some of the achievemnets are time consuming but not very hard. The only one that may be a challenge is the online win considering most of the regulars have setups that will blow your stock setup away.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I voted "Very Hard" for the several reasons:

1) Constant freezing

2) Glitches galore

3) The amount of time/patience required to get 1000

4) Turning left gets boring (and I like NASCAR)

5) Last but not least - corrupt save files

How can EA charge for this game? They should be paying us to play it...

I voted Hard primarily because of the Online Horsepower achievement. If you have 3 others willing to trade wins that would eliminate this problem. Otherwise, you will need to beat guys that bought a wheel and a 360 only for league racing. It's great that they have leagues but it makes it hard for beginners to enter a random race and win (even if they don't kick you out). The rest are mostly time consuming.

1. Freezing is definitely an issue. This is the only game that I've had repeated problems with lock-up. Most of the time after the race is over.:mad:
  2. Challenges: Trying to make your way through a crash seems to be more luck than skill. Staying in the draft behind Ryan Newman at Atlanta took some time.
  3. Winning 200 races and 8 cups took a lot longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Its hard staying awake through the sheer boredom of getting the last few ach.

5000 miles is a PITA to have to do. 8 Sprint cups is 288 race events with 288 sets of loading before and after event, even if you can quit about a third of them. The 77 challenges are mildly amusing as at least they are something different(ish). The 201 wins will come as part of doing the rest of these grinds. I am about half way in time through all this lot and I would guess in total it will be about 25 hours for me to finish from start.

Got no real chance of the online stuff here in UK as no one plays (or really played it).

So its not exactly a tough game if you have the mental stamina to listen to the handful of in race comments over and over and dont mind driving round and round and round and round......

I love NASCAR in RL and have enjoyed previous titles in this series but although it looks very nice, it really is a dull POS.

The freezes just add to the experience :)

I vote easy for skill needed and hard for patience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I voted "Very Hard" for the several reasons:

1) Constant freezing

2) Glitches galore

3) The amount of time/patience required to get 1000

4) Turning left gets boring (and I like NASCAR)

5) Last but not least - corrupt save files

How can EA charge for this game? They should be paying us to play it...

This totally changed my oppinion on this game. The demo was good but when I read this I guess I wont buy it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Easy. Just grinding. The online win is simple if you get a few other guys, and just like the guide says, pick an obscure track in the truck series where most don't hang out. If you have a group and a time set, it should be easy to get together. That's what I did, and it worked like a charm.

EDIT: Use the thread "8 Championships & the Guide" on how to make this go quickly, I went from my 2nd Championship to finishing my 8th in 2 days.

Edited by Saluki 00

• 5 months later...

I put this as medium. I have played harder games. I am only at 700G for this game because I have been trying to get other achievements for other games. I can get the other 300G at ease because they are not the online ones and I am in my 3rd season in CftC.

• 6 months later...