Torture playthrough Act 4 Ernst boss!!!

Swyer87

Anyone got any tips on how to beat him?

One strike from him even when you are blocking and you are dead. I have tried running away from him until my azoth has recharged but he seems to catch up to me and kill me from behind?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hit him with a shot from Azoth, hit him with a weapon until he gets up, and run around until it recharges. When he attacks, don't block, dodge instead, as you should get the prompt to dodge.

Have you watched the Torture videos in my guide? The fight starts at 12:00 here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZTub6fOlIc&list=PL5426C63AB993FB43&index=7]Rise of Nightmares TORTURE No Death Walkthrough Act 4-2 - YouTube[/ame]

It'll take time, but you'll get it down.

Thanks for the advice Hamket but i have watched the video and done what you have said.

The problem is that when i first go in, hit him with the Azoth, get as many digs as i can until he gets up but then i am right in front of him. He hits me (doesnt throw his chain out) and gives no option to dodge?

I have tried getting a few less digs on him to give me a chance to run away from him but he always seems to catch up, so when i turn around he is in my face and again hits me (gives no option to dodge)?

Guess i am going to have to practice running away from him more efficiently to give me some more time to turn around and unleash the Azoth on him.

Anyone got any any advice on the best weapon to use on him, i was thinking the morning star (in the box with the puppets) or the katana (in the box in the cells)?

Managed to do it on my third attempt last night. Although i do think you need to be in a certain position for Ernst to throw his chain at you instead of hitting you.

The first two goes he hit me from behind as i was running away which killed me instantly. The third go i was running away and my Azoth recharged, i turned around and was instantly prompted to side step to avoid his chain attack. From there on in it was pretty easy :)