Achievement Guide & Roadmap

A Twisted Smile

champion boxing was a pain to do and left me extremely sore for days afterward and im in decent shape... best tip is to only do uppercuts once you have full bars...

the thing with champion is that it isnt even fair... he is much stronger than you so it ends up being entirely based on endurance

THE BEST TIPS I CAN OFFER:

1) Face block with your hands perpendicular to the floor

2) Body block with your hands parallel with the floor

3) Guaranteed stun with a 3 bar uppercut otherwise its all luck

#3 took me so long to figure out and once i did i managed to beat him quickly

EDIT: It would be great to mention that this is going to be mostly done based on decision. Very hard to get more than 1 knockout, 2 if your very lucky.

Edited by Xx Overkill VR

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont mention it, happy somebody decided to fill the 'guide' void.

btw, how do you change the colour font to purple?:confused:

Hey, I was more than happy to write one. It was really good fun to do actually.

You see the little button with the "A" on and the black rectangle underneath, above the text both when you post, next to the font name and size? If you click the little arrow next to it you'll get a drop-down bar with a load of colours on. Just highlight your text and then choose a colour that way, or choose the colour before you type.

champion boxing was a pain to do and left me extremely sore for days afterward and im in decent shape... best tip is to only do uppercuts once you have full bars...

the thing with champion is that it isnt even fair... he is much stronger than you so it ends up being entirely based on endurance

THE BEST TIPS I CAN OFFER:

1) Face block with your hands perpendicular to the floor

2) Body block with your hands parallel with the floor

3) Guaranteed stun with a 3 bar uppercut otherwise its all luck

#3 took me so long to figure out and once i did i managed to beat him quickly

Thanks man, I'll add your tips.

No worries man, I'm glad I've been of help.

Let me know how it works out?

And is it? I guess it varies from person to person, based on personal skill, haha.

I can confirm uppercuts are awesome! seriously its the reason i won (on points)

Technique: Block 3 - Uppercut - 60's night disco :Bounce::Bounce:

i dunno, perhaps its cos im a goalie and im used too jumpin around :)

some tips for champion volleyball

1) Block as often as possible because it takes no effort on your part and makes the other team scramble back and forth

2) Spike as hard as you can to the back side where none can return it. Keep doing it back and forth and they will eventually be unable to return it.

3) When you see that they are ready to return a spike DON'T SPIKE IT. Simply tap as lightly as possible to have the ball fall very short and they wont be able to reach it in time. If they do manage a saving dive then spike it and nobody will be there to return it.

4) Playing with another person makes this ridiculously easy :p.

1) Block as often as possible because it takes no effort on your part and makes the other team scramble back and forth

2) Spike as hard as you can to the back side where none can return it. Keep doing it back and forth and they will eventually be unable to return it.

3) When you see that they are ready to return a spike DON'T SPIKE IT. Simply tap as lightly as possible to have the ball fall very short and they wont be able to reach it in time. If they do manage a saving dive then spike it and nobody will be there to return it.

Thank you for these tips lol, i was only trying this 1 hr ago,

also thanks for the boxing tips too, they worked flawlessly :D

Have That Too 30http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Hit 3 or more consecutive smashes in the Target Smash Table Tennis mini-game

Does anyone have any info on exactly how to do this? I've tried everything but the right way.

Does anyone have any info on exactly how to do this? I've tried everything but the right way.

When you hit a three point marker the ball bounces up and gives you a smash, when you get a smash the ball breaks through two points. To get the achievement I hit three '1' points on the left, then, broke one of them to a 3 point, and then smashed the other two before they disappear to the right.

You have to hit a #3 as soon as possible then you will have a smash and smash destroy alot of target. Each time you destroy a #3 you have a smash. Try to hit those on the left side so you can hit them again.

And what you need is practice

EDIT : washing machine, you just post before me LOL

I can confirm uppercuts are awesome! seriously its the reason i won (on points)

Technique: Block 3 - Uppercut - 60's night disco :Bounce::Bounce:

i dunno, perhaps its cos im a goalie and im used too jumpin around :)

I'll have to give it a try too, I haven't had a chance since writing this because of all the new year celebrations etc, haha. I promise I'll finish writing this up as soon as possible!

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out and include them.

When you hit a three point marker the ball bounces up and gives you a smash, when you get a smash the ball breaks through two points. To get the achievement I hit three '1' points on the left, then, broke one of them to a 3 point, and then smashed the other two before they disappear to the right.

Thanks for the tips man, I haven't yet managed to check out those last few Achievements yet, so, much appreciated!

I'll have to give it a try too, I haven't had a chance since writing this because of all the new year celebrations etc, haha. I promise I'll finish writing this up as soon as possible!

Dont mention it, Im close to 1250 so i should be able to give tips on every achievement :)

Edited by Extreme Washing Machine

Dont mention it, Im close to 1250 so i should be able to give tips on every achievement :)

I'd have a lot more, but I simply haven't played properly. I've done research, but only while playing like over Christmas with people etc.

And with revision and everything, I just haven't had time to update this properly with those final few Achievements :/

I promise I'll get everything up soon though.

Bowling tips:

I found that the best technique (I tried many!) was simply bowling straight down the middle. However to ensure a strike the ball must hit between the 1 and 2 pins or the 1 and 3 pins. also you must put enough power on the shot to make it a 'power ball' The pins are inconsistent so it may take a while to get the lucky break for 250+ points and to beat the champion

Discus:

To get a strong throw it is necessary to take a step with your left leg when in motion.

Throw the discus in a circular matter; as high as the sensor can read to get the green flow out of the discus. most importantly, a strong throw is obviously necessary but often overlooked

Kilometer King:

The rest zones are necessary to endure 1000 pts even if you are pausing in between. just make sure your entry and exit speed are at pace otherwise you will lose time.

btw, it might be a good idea to credit (and ask) rare for use of their videos :D

I got some minigame achievements easily that involve moving to spots or avoiding things such as GOLDEN GLOVES.

Simply have a controller and hit the Xbox Guide. Don't hit the pause button. For GOLDEN GLOVES, hit the Xbox Guide button when you're having trouble, move your arm to where the ball icon is, hit guide and you'll block the shot. Wait for 0.4523 seconds, hit the guide button again, move body part to ball icon... and so on and so forth.

I used this method to get achievements for games where you get tired or have to move your body parts to different areas. You might be able to get BUMP-OSAURUS with this too.

We are back at Rare tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some more Achievements recorded,are there any you guys particularly want?

My list at the moment is:

• Kilometer King
  • Target Teaser
  • Have That Too
  • Pew Pew Pew

Also worth mentioning that we have tips video for each sport coming out in January that should cover everything you need to know about general technique.

We are back at Rare tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some more Achievements recorded,are there any you guys particularly want?

My list at the moment is:

• Kilometer King
  • Target Teaser
  • Have That Too
  • Pew Pew Pew

Also worth mentioning that we have tips video for each sport coming out in January that should cover everything you need to know about general technique.

BRILLIANT!:woop:

the last few you did were really helpful.

Im having a serious problem with the goals on a roll achievement, its seems to be glitched, but maybe im doing something wrong.

Also, Target Teaser is giving me problems too. I always seem to run out of time, cheers

p.s: out of interest, what influenced you to make these videos?

Goals on a Roll is basically luck rather than skill. Just keep going and you'll get it in the end. I think it took me three attempts, but took Ben around 20.

The reason we did them was that it's rather difficult to help people when we are discussing physical movements rather than button presses. Most gamers don't have the ability to record themselves and capture game footage at the same time, so we thought we would help.

You guys do a great job putting together these guides so it's great to see you appreciate the videos :)

Goals on a Roll is basically luck rather than skill. Just keep going and you'll get it in the end. I think it took me three attempts, but took Ben around 20.

The reason we did them was that it's rather difficult to help people when we are discussing physical movements rather than button presses. Most gamers don't have the ability to record themselves and capture game footage at the same time, so we thought we would help.

You guys do a great job putting together these guides so it's great to see you appreciate the videos :)

I literally spent over 5 hours cumulatively trying to complete the achievement. seriously. I know its hard to tell sometimes weather or not the ball passed the line but i was so sure I got a 21 streak. What matters is that it finally did unlock (thank god)and I've only a few achievements left.

Its great that you are putting these vids together, i would do them only I cant record them, so its Convenient that the game developer would got out of their way to help the community:drunk