Adventures in Los Santos

Ham Woopan

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread that we could use to talk about our own little adventures in Los Santos. Basically anything funny you've come across, some awesome shootout you just survived or just a typical day through Los Santos. Hopefully this will help reduce the random threads being thrown around like candy at a parade (it probably won't.) Also keep it spoiler-free or use spoiler tags if necessary.

So I've been browsing the Internet for a couple of hours now and I've come across a website named 'vinewoodloglinegenerator.com.' The premise of this website is to create a log line for a vine wood film. It's sort of like those old adlib books. Anyway the movie I pitched was:

"When a British lumberjack is imprisoned for fingering old ladies, he must team up with a slow talking circus clown with wandering hands and take on a bionic Japanese school girl in order to bring closure to a childhood trauma buried deep in his ass."

The part that really got me was that while creating the log line 'British' is a character flaw.

Edited by Ham Woopan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of this thread :)

Nothing epic here, just funny. I was going about 90 mph down the street and had to take a quick right, so I used Franklin's ability to slow down time and I turned WAY to fast. I barrel rolled about 15 times down the street hitting pedestrians on the way, and when I finally stop in the middle of the road...a truck t-boned me!

My medical bill was only $15 :p If only life were that cheap.

I call this, Shit your Pants Swimming.

Find a JetSki and wait until it becomes night time. Now start heading out into the ocean, and don't turn back for a good while. You will start to notice the waves increase in size and the water is more 'violent'. Go so far out there you can barely see any island lights.

Now, aim for a big wave and get air off of it. Hit Y to jump off your JetSki in mid air.

This is where you may do some poopy.

Now, you must find your JetSki before you become fish food. Quickly find your JetSki!!

Don't worry though, if you fail, you gain an achievement.

Way more fun then simply swimming out there.

Cheers.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121224083048/gtawiki/images/thumb/d/d1/Shark-GTAV.jpg/1000px-Shark-GTAV.jpg

I was just up on top of the bridge where the Rocket Launcher spawns, letting my ammo fill up and watching the cinematic camera go all over the cityscape when the sound was filled with a chopper sound.

I moved back to normal camera mode and there was a chopper flying by the bridge about 100 ft away. I pulled :ltbut: and aimed at the chopper with my brand new RPG and it literally dove and flew away quickly.

I LOL'd so hard. That pilot just freaked the fuck out when he saw me point that thing at him.

I call this, Shit your Pants Swimming.

Find a JetSki and wait until it becomes night time. Now start heading out into the ocean, and don't turn back for a good while. You will start to notice the waves increase in size and the water is more 'violent'. Go so far out there you can barely see any island lights.

Now, aim for a big wave and get air off of it. Hit Y to jump off your JetSki in mid air.

This is where you may do some poopy.

Now, you must find your JetSki before you become fish food. Quickly find your JetSki!!

Don't worry though, if you fail, you gain an achievement.

Way more fun then simply swimming out there.

Cheers.

Just tried it out. I hit a huge wave, jumped out, and got thrust underwater. As I was swimming back I looked behind me and could see the shark getting closer. Oh god the suspense!

Edit: I had two sharks on me and got eaten as I was climbing back on the Jetski. Was not expecting that. Brb crying.

Edited by Ham Woopan

Just tried it out. I hit a huge wave, jumped out, and got thrust underwater. As I was swimming back I looked behind me and could see the shark getting closer. Oh god the suspense!

Edit: I had two sharks on me and got eaten as I was climbing back on the Jetski. Was not expecting that. Brb crying.

Haha shit is crazy.

So my order I sent with my phone finally went through Los Santos Customs. I decide to go do a street race to test it out. I win the race... but smash the front end so bad both tires are facing inward so it's literally impossible to turn the vehicle. Ended doing a quick save and reloading it. It's actually a good way to fix cars for free.

I was playing with Michael and decided I wanted to go ride the cables cars marked on the map thinking it might count towards 100%. There are two icons, what I didn’t know is that one of them is at road level, the other is at the top of a mountain. Of course I pick the latter.

I’m just driving a standard sedan. As I’m traveling up the mountain dirt road a bobcat jumps out, so of course I run it over. I get out thinking maybe I can skin it…no such luck. I get back in the car and keep going. I finally get to a point when the car won’t go anymore, so I get out and proceed on foot. I soon see two hikers also headed to the top. I pay them no attention at first and pass by them. I quickly had a change of heart and run back to them, knocking them both out and steal their money (only $15 each). Yay for no cops!

I finally get to the top and find the parachute and letter scrap. I get in the cable car and ride back down. It was at this point I realized it would have made more sense to start at the bottom first, but the adventure up the mountain was much more fun. My next stop was to see my shrink.

... I just saw big foot in the forest. I thought it was someone I was supposed to be killing in the mission so I shot and then realized after the body disappeared instantly what it was.

Second person to mention this absolutely lucky as shit. I've yet to find it but I've spent very little time in the forest so far.

I was cruising round at night on a super bike and pulled up at some lights between two other bikers, I did a burnout and we all took off on an impromptu race around the city. As we were all going down a long straight a truck came out of nowhere and they both smashed into the side of it. I pissed myself laughing and took one of their bikes. :drunk

Try 'jacking a plane with cops all over you. I backed over one cop car and couldn't get him out from under me. Plane started going sideways instead of straight, the direction the cop car wanted to go. So much for the physics in this game. Can the planes even turn?

the :lbbut: and :rbbut: buttons turn all the airborne vehicles.

Craziest thing I have done so far: Steal a Hearse and then pick up a Prostitute.

Grand Theft Auto V - 3 Deer vs Train - YouTube

I filmed this as it happened.

I'd be screaming in joy the entire time.

So apparently cars can explode if they smash into a wall hard enough? I'm running from the cops on a thruway when I spot a hole in the railing. I jump through it but botched the landing. As I'm just about to pull away I look behind me and see a cop car follow me through the jump, land front-first and immediately explode, killing me.