My rant about D.O.D

Rollindeep3

Ok first off.....whoever claims that this game is "easy".....yah ok. Im not comparing this game to say Rumble Roses or nothing crazy, but it was far from easy. People claim they beat the game in 6 hrs. That is a bunch of bullcrap if you ask me. This game took me a good 9 hrs to complete. I played it over 3 days so an accurate time would be hard to determine. I played the game on easy all the way through like the guide stated. Some things I wanted to point out and complain about are the following.

1. The half hour long loading screens: WTF takes so long to load...the "awesome" PS1 graphics?

2. For "easy" mode.......yah it sure is hard. Perhaps they should be more aware of their difficulty levels. I swear sometimes I thought I was on vet. mode from COD. U take one wrong turn and bam DEAD!

3. Their checkpoint system is horrible. The guide says just run from checkpoint to checkpoint....well I tried that and if you screw yourself with a bad checkpoint, as soon as u spawn ur dead AGAIN and u have to sit in a 1/2 loading screen lol.

4. The game is horribly inaccurate! U go to melee someone 2 inches in front of you and all it does it make a stupid noise, yet u use a shotty from 30 ft away and its a headshot.

Overall this game is not worth playing.....IF I could re do everything, this game would have never been played. I would not recommend this game to my worst enemy! I am quite the critic when it comes to games but this is seriously one of thee worst games I have ever played!

That is a rant. I hear ya. The game wasn't hard but it wasn't cake either. I don't think the game is as bad as you said. Yes, the load times were super long. Kind of like Terminator Salvation. And in that game, the developers knew it was a long time, so to help pass the time, they let you move the Terminators head around. Maybe these guys should have done the same. It might have helped pass the time.

yah....now that u mention it, the loading screen for term was long. I did think moving the head around was kinda fun for the first few times...then it got old lol. I dunno I thought term was at least a decent game 2 though. Nothing was as bad as this....I have played A LOT of games obviously.....but this game is def in my top ten as ive stated..Merely an opinion but im stickin to it.

I actually played through on normal the first time and I thought it was pretty easy anyway. It did take me about 6-7 hours, and I never ran into any problems with the checkpoint system. I think the load time was somewhere around 35-45 seconds, which sucks, but not unbearable. The graphics are crappy and the hit detection is inaccurate, but I looked passed all that and just tried to enjoy the game for the solid attempt that it was by a very unknown, no-money company. I thought it was a decent title and pretty damn good for a company who developed their own engine just for this game (that's probably where all their money went).

Edited by isw42

yah....now that u mention it, the loading screen for term was long. I did think moving the head around was kinda fun for the first few times...then it got old lol. I dunno I thought term was at least a decent game 2 though. Nothing was as bad as this....I have played A LOT of games obviously.....but this game is def in my top ten as ive stated..Merely an opinion but im stickin to it.

I understand. I just played it for the "easy" 1k and to pass time till MW2 comes out. You can't beat punching a horse and killing it though. Just a straight up classic.

• 1 month later...

this game is a completep pile of shit. it fools you at the beginning into thinking it's a half decent budget title, but then the problems start showing. the frame rate is ATROCIOUS, especially on the civil war missions. the graphics are ps2 quality at best. the non-futuristic weapons are complete shit and don't kill anything even on easy mode.

this game is glitchy as hell too. the game forgets you complete an objective and leaves objective markers up ALL the time, it freezes constantly, characters get stuck in walls, and sometimes the game just doesn't advance itself until you wander off randomly to get it going again. i also had my character fall straight through the fucking ground and die when reloading a checkpoint. twice.

some advice for those looking for easy points:

1. follow the achievement guide to a T. you do NOT want to replay any portion of this game. it's torture.

2. play on easy and then switch to hard at the VERY end. at the final level, after the arena battle, change the difficulty to chest hair and you'll pop the hard and normal achievements without ever having to play above easy. trust me, this game is miserable even on easy.

3. if the game doesn't seem to be advancing or telling you where to go, just start running down a path in the opposite direction you came from. this usually jump starts you forward (complete with warping NPCS!)

4. avoid every battle you can. a lot of times, especially in the civil war missions, you can run straight past any battles you encounter. stick to the edge of the map and you should barely have to fight.

5. turn the brightness up as soon as you can. night missions are impossible on the default settings because you can't see more then 5 ft in front of you.

6. expect every form of stupid miserable glitch to happen in video game history to happen. you'll still be caught off guard.

good luck. if i didn't gamefly this in, i'd snap the disc in half. it's THAT bad.

I whole-heartedly agree TheFalcon. I didn't know they could pack that much turd into one little green box. The objective marker (when you do eventually see it) is smaller than shit on my 47" tv. I died on easy on the civil war mission on the cannon/gatling gun type thing and all the enemies were dead. The loading times are completely atrocious. And overall it's just not fun.

Thank god for easy achievement points cause I can't see anybody spending full price for this piece of shit. I'd rather play Shellshock 2 100x over.

• 1 month later...

This game, was one of the most draining gaming experiences of my life. It wouldnt even be good if it came out a decade ago. It is so bland and devoid of anything that resembles joy and/or fun that it'll suck the very essence out of your soul.

I cant fathom WHY this was released upon the world....

• 3 months later...
I agree - easy is hard

Wow, that makes me feel like I actually have some small amount of skill as a gamer. I'm slogging through the levels and am near the end, yet I haven't encountered any part that I would say is even slightly difficult. I think the game is bad, really bad, but it's still better than a couple of games that I've completed. It's light years better than "Brave: A Warrior's Tale."

• 2 months later...

agreeded, this truly is a horrible game. i picked mine up for$1.99, so its hard to argue with that. that was almost a year ago and i still havent managed to choke through it all.

although, id say its much better than the atrocious terminator salvation. that glitched crap fest of a game

lol...I enjoy occasionally playing through broken games like this. It helps you get a good appreciation for how hard it is to make video games..and more importantly, how hard it is to make GOOD video games.

That said, I feel bad for anybody who paid any amount of money for this game.

the game was horrible - i played for like 5+ hours without popping a single cheevie - i totally agree with Rollindeep3 - luckily though - since i didn't pop any cheevies - i just deleted game history - and isw42 - i have patience - just not with this game - i don't have to 1K every game i play (which has been close to 400)