Tricks and Glitchs (may contain spoilers)

toooitwo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I wasn't doing it for XP, I needed to get Silver Tounged Devil. I only had like 25 speech checks passed, and am very close to finishing the game. It may not give much XP, but it at least still works for the Silver Tounged Devil.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I found a way to get infinite speech challenges.

head to Little Lamplight and talk with Knock Knock then choose this options:

1 You said you're in charge of''morale'.what does that mean?

2 Sure let's hear one.

3 Who's there?

4 Noah what?

5 (Speech 100%) lie.

you can repeat this process as many times you want ;)

don't know if this was already posted, but I found it by myself yesterday

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope this glitch works in little lamplight Im gonna try it tonight & shall report back!!!

As of 17/2/11 It still works with knock knock in little lamplight, I finished the game with 42 speech successes so went to LL and got the last 8 I needed thats a 1000g for me & may I say that I really enjoyed this game its takes patience to play, cant wait to play the DLC.

Edited by SWAGGART
Done it

Does the Sandman on children glitch still work? I'm level 28 with 1490G and need the 3 level 30 achievements, and grinding really isn't cutting it for me.

Nope; they patched that quite a while ago. Dunno if clearing the cache would fix it..

..but honestly I can't see how in the hell leveling up could be a problem. My character's at level 29 and I haven't yet touched The Pitt, Broken Steel, or Mothership Zeta. I suggest you either try doing more of the sidequests, or stop playing on 'Very Easy.'

edit: accidental dp

lololololololol :p

Edited by P1TTMAN

Nope; they patched that quite a while ago. Dunno if clearing the cache would fix it..

..but honestly I can't see how in the hell leveling up could be a problem. My character's at level 29 and I haven't yet touched The Pitt, Broken Steel, or Mothership Zeta. I suggest you either try doing more of the sidequests, or stop playing on 'Very Easy.'

Damn... I played on very easy during the main story for some noobish reason, and then began playing on normal throughout the DLC episodes. Guess I'll see if there are any more side quests need completing.

Damn... I played on very easy during the main story for some noobish reason, and then began playing on normal throughout the DLC episodes. Guess I'll see if there are any more side quests need completing.

You could keep going back and forth between enemy-populated areas like the Mall and Old Olney... on Normal difficulty, Deathclaws and Super Mutant Masters/Overlords all give you 50exp (55 if you are Well Rested). I actually switched to Easy when I started Point Lookout because I was afraid of reaching lvl 30 too early and having no leveling up to do for the last half of the game.

• 1 month later...

Here is a list of all the glitches that are patched or not patched

Patched glitches

The mr. sandman glitch in Andale with the 2 kids is patched, the only option I have for the kids is pickpocket them, no murder (yes, I am crouching and I am well hiddent too)

The speech challenge in Big Town with Bittercup and Pappy is also patched, it only worked once for me.

Glitches that are not patched (yet):

The speech challenge in Little Lamplight with Knock Knock. You can use that to win the 50 speech challenges achievement while gaining 5-6 XP each time.

The frag mine glitch in Megaton. Simply buy/find 1 or more frag mines. Go to Megaton and enter in the Craterside Supply. Go behind the mercenary, near the lockers. Drop the frag mine on the floor, when it starts to "beep beep", quickly disarm it. You will gain 6 XP at first but it can goes up to 12 and 18 if you do it fast without losing karma.

Edited by Dany1981Mtl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The Knock Knock glitch still works but Kenny in Point Lookout no longer goes to sleep so the Mr Sandman exp glitch doesn't work-as of June 2013.

Correction:The Kenny infinite exp glitch in Point Lookout does still work-I revisited Kenny one last time and he went to sleep allowing me to stab him lots in a creepy "sandman" type way-so just to re-iterate Kenny in Point Lookout is still the best infinite exp glitch that ain't been patched.

Edited by Mc1ovin11
Correction

• 1 year later...
Hope the infinite EXP glitches work, because I'm on Fallout 3 right now and I'm going to try them out ASAP.

About a year late, but yes, the infinite xp glitch still works on Kenny in the Point Lookout DLC. If he doesn't fall asleep, steal his BB ammo, get out of the pickpocket screen, then go and put it back in his pocket, then wait until 10 or 11 pm, should be in bed or going TO bed. if not, then just steal his BB ammo and do the rest.