Official Bitching Thread

Ham Woopan

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck their unbalanced multiplayer and shitty achievements. I'll not be doing DLC on this game. I managed to stomach the regular MP achievements until I started trying for Sweep. Then I pulled out my Hori controller and AFKed a few nights (auto fire on A and RT). Woke up to the console being completely frozen twice because of this garbage game, but I ended up getting a Win based achievements by AFKing. Now fuck Rockstar. I'll get my 50 in Score Attack. btw, Am I the only one that has never been able to actually bring up the social club thing to login? I tried to do it for the weekend event and it just constantly says the servers are unavailable.

Edited by Viper187

• 2 weeks later...
as much as the cutscenes are epic i dislike how you cant skip like 90% of them which sucks when you just want to breeze through your 2nd+ playthrough

I get what you mean because I have played through this game 3 times and the cutscenes are old. That's okay though, because usually when the cut scenes play, I do something useful like look over notes or do some laundry.. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been trying to get the 10 in a row bullet time achievement and well bullet time just doesn't work. Tried to do the achievement on the boat at Chapter 5 let the meter fill up and just wouldn't go into bullet time.

Tried a different location and chapter still the same problem, then tried it in a different chapter where there isn't a set shooting point and I could dive and it worked ffs.

Any ideas what has went wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of the multiplayer but LMFAO at how the invincibility glitch came back just in time for Christmas.

You know the opne where you empty their health guage and their avatar does the 'URGH! I'll collapse now.' but they can still kill you whilst lying down dead.

...and if they don't get you then, then it'll be their character up and running about nearby with a full health gauge within seconds that'll kill ya. BLARGH. I thought you fixed this Rockstar, hmm?

Edited by Hurricane Of 87

During chapter 11 of New York Minute run, after the zipline where Max grabs that guy and loses the two-handed weapon, I decided to pick up a weapon that was behind the spot where Max drops down from the zipline. Guess what, does that stupid overly long roll-move towards the back of the screen, drops down to the water behind and dies instantly. Lovely.

Just been trying to get the 10 in a row bullet time achievement and well bullet time just doesn't work. Tried to do the achievement on the boat at Chapter 5 let the meter fill up and just wouldn't go into bullet time.

Tried a different location and chapter still the same problem, then tried it in a different chapter where there isn't a set shooting point and I could dive and it worked ffs.

Any ideas what has went wrong?

that sounds weird. i did the boat way, took a few tries, but never had the bullet time not work.

I'm not too far in, maybe 2hrs or something, but man... it's pretty boring story wise. I'm in Act 2, just got out of the bar fight, and... boring. Hope it picks up. It feels like a poorly done modern "action/drama". The cut scenes directed by Tony Scott (RIP), and the main story done by some first time wannabe Tarantino, who's never seen a Tarantino flick. The "noir" style voice overs seem very silly at times. The gameplay itself is okay, but... eh, no hate, but it's very average to me at this point.

For a R* game, it's letting me down.

Why do we have to beat the game FIVE TIMES to get the original 1000g???? No one else finds this retarded? Infuriating? And also just a poke at us (us being ppl who want 1000g at least) by the developers who know we need to have 100% completion or suffer the pangs of "damn I didn't 100% that game""???!!!!

Been trying to get 10 kills in one bullet time and 30 kills in two minutes to no avail. Am 99% I'm doing everything under the right conditions and that the game is trying to pee me off. :/

EDIT* Tried to get the 10 kills in one bullet time today about 5-10 times no luck. Then it popped after loading a NYM level. Then 30 kills in 2 minutes popped on the boat level also.

Glad they popped finally.

Edited by Dannyb01y

Now comes the next real BITCH:

Playing the new CHALLENGE MODE now up to chapter 5 everything good but then after I've failed a challenge (Kill 8 enemies, only headshots & shootdoge) the game takes away all my guns and then the screen is all black and all I can hear is gunfire. Great just fucking great!

I'm done with this BULLSHIT!!!! :mad:

I see bugs are still a problem with this game. Haven't played MP since the Local Justice Map Pack came out. It's still fun but also causing me to rage at small problems that should have been addressed ages ago.

p.s. when did everyone start dual wielding Auto 9MM? That game is full of those and it's ridiculous

p.p.s. FIX THE FUCKING MP! Gang Wars hangs after a round for a few minutes causing everyone to leave. Not to mention the lag. Jesus, you work for Rockstar. You're games should be better than this.

Edited by tripleb2k

Im pissed because the NYM co op mode which I payed for has not been delivered. Instead we get a bullshit tack on Horde mode. The only dlc that sounded good was NYM co op, even if it was just a rehash of the main story but in 2 player that would have been better than what we actually got

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The game is brilliant. If you wanted a sandbox game... I dunno... buy a sandbox game! Idiot!

No, the story was pretty good. However, the multiplayer was horrible, and the aiming system is atrocious. I sit within 2 feet of an HD screen, and I still couldn't see the goddamn reticle half the time.