The Next Great GH Game!

RexDarr

So I have nothing against Guitar Hero as a game. Although I did buy GH: Van Halen a few days ago (in a bargin bin, mind you), I am more of a Rock Band person myself.

But I do have a problem with Guitar Hero Metallica & Aerosmith.

Don't get me wrong, I respect both bands and have a collection of their CDs (Aerosmith I have: Permanent Vacation, Pump, and Greatest Hits. With Metallica I have: Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, Load, Reload, The Black Album, ...And Justice For All, and Death Magnetic).

When I think of Guitar Heroes the top 3 names that come to mind are:

Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Van Halen

I don't see Kirk Hammet or Joe Perry being a Guitar Hero as the names listed above, so why make a game for them? Might as well make GH: Justin Beiber while you're at it, he plays guitar too, and he's famous (hopefully I don't jinx myself)

If they came out with a GH: SRV or GH: Jimi Hendrix I would play it endlessly and religiously.

One other problem I have is when they do make a GH for a band, why add other bands? While playing Van Halen and rocking out in my old leather pants & long-haired wig I don't want to be playing Weezer or The Offspring (even if they are my favorite band of all time) during the story mode.

I think that when they have these band-centric GH games that you should start off at the very beginning of that band's timeline and play to the end, just like how RB did The Beatles (and Green Day but lets stick to The Beatles), you saw what they were like at the beginning and then travled the lives of John/Paul/Ringo/George through their fame. The songs that were chosen were from that era and you saw how The Beatles transformed from a 4 piece mop-top band to a full fledged rock icon.

I think a game like that would make more people interested.

I understand that the "filler songs" are to get more people to buy the game, but then it's not a Guitar Hero game, its a Guitar Hero named game but with other people's music in to fill space and make more money.

That's my rant for the day :rant:

Edited by RexDarr

Wolfgang Van Halen did the song selection for the filler-bands on Van Halen. He pretty much chose songs he wanted instead of doing bands that were at least somewhat relevant to the band's history.

That was fun.

One thing I did like (maybe because I discovered it today and rather still excited about it), is that while playing through GH:VH one of the intro's (don't remember which one), sounded like Offspring's Americana's intro (which is where they probably took it from). I'm glad to see that VH had some inflence on Offspring. That's about the only connection I noticed between VH and the other 19 bands which are non-VH.

It would be nice if they put the songs influenced by VH on there (i.e: songs that resemble a VH song, like that intro).

I kind of agree. I think if you are going to make a band centric game, keep the story (lolwut) mode band centric and keep the other artists in quickplay.

story = "career"?

I agree. I could care less about quickplay unless my girlfriend or buddy was over. Normally I just play the career modes.

Can you believe that Johnny Cash (God rest his soul), is in GH:5? I really respect him (I have 25 of his CDs and 2 of his records from the 60's). He is a really well respected person but I don't believe for a second that he's a guitar hero...

• 4 months later...