This or FEAR 2?

GradeAbra

Basically it's just two expansion packs which I both enjoyed... graphics are, of course, not up to date (especially outdoor areals show the limitations of the engine) but quite a lot of levels maintain that uncomforting feeling which FEAR introduced so well.

Storywise Extraction Point just continues the story of FEAR (often seems a bit forced) but luckily Perseus Mandate has a new main character and puts the focus more on the Nightcrawlers than on the whole Alma-thing...

After all this should be seen as what it is: 2 mission packs rather than an independent game but if you liked the original FEAR I'm sure you'll like Files aswell...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why people hate on Fear 2 as I thought it was pretty good and better than alot of other games out there. This game is ok, i think you may have trouble going back to this after Fear 2 though as i don't think it is as good, and doesn't control or look as good as fear 2. If you have never played the original then try that as both the original and fear 2 are better than these expansions.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You're a dumbass. Extraction point takes place right after the first game and Perseus Mandate takes place during the first game in a different FEAR unit.

There's no need to be rude.

Although the expansion takes place in the same universe as the original F.E.A.R., the game's sequel, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, disregards the storylines of both Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate. Only the games developed by Monolith Productions are considered canon.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.E.A.R._Extraction_Point

• 5 months later...