Dead Space Money/Item Glitch Guide

Diego Knyte

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

You can also dupe in chapter 2:

As soon as you get out of the monorail you get your Kinesis upgrade. After you pushed the boxes away you will come to a big room where 3000 credits are inside. Don't pick them up because you can duplicate them :). Open the door on the right side of the save point, grab the credits with your kinesis and go down the hallway until the credits disappear. Go back up the hallway and back through the door to the save point and once again through the same door. The credits should now be floating in mid-air. Grab them from a distance and shoot them against the wall (on the side where the corpses are).Go down to the point where the credits are floating and then go back up the ramp to the corpse by the door and you should here a sound, the credits in mid-air are back again. You just have to go up and down and repeat the last steps...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1CpDcu2tU&p=EF30EA255F99CB3C&playnext=1&index=5]CLICK[/ame]

Edited by qoob

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anything like this has been mentioned yet so I wanted to add that I found a way to make the Chapter 10 med pack dupe go a bit faster.

Make the necessary saves and open the node room as usual. Kinesis grab the med pack and take it just before the door leading back to the room with the guy on the monitor. Just drop them in the corner to the right of the door. (The door is named something like Sleep Bunks C if I remember correctly)

Now....instead of running all the way to trip the save icon thing, just go through the door and run straight ahead and go down the few stairs that lead to the middle of the room. Apparently there is a "whoosh" (checkpoint) thing here so once you go down the stairs just go back up and re-enter the node room. The med pack will be respawned and you can continue duping this way.

Doing it this way was quicker for me. However, when I did it I got 16 med packs and then it stopped duping. This may be different for other people, it just needs to be tested more I guess. Anyway, I just thought I would pass it along for anyone looking to save a bit of time for this particular duplication.

Edited by TheMovement81

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone verified the chapter 2 dupe, but its worked for me twice. In easy and Impossible modes (for $360,000 on Imp.).

I got another dupe for chapter 2, it's a random amount of credits ($1400 to $2500). I know it's not a big amount, but I managed to dupe it a 127 times for $251,900 (approx. $1980 per dupe). It's a relatively quick one too, and it's credits so you don't have inventory to manage. I did it at the end of the level when you're suppose to go back to the tram, so there's no vermin around. Go to the the room where the Utilty Bench is on that level, down the hallway beside the store. The money is on the other side of the MRI thing that you have to move, so you will have to reach it from the upstairs part. You can use the MRI thing to stand on to get the right angle while aiming down, but don't move it all the way, just enough to get on it. Use kinesis to bring it back towards the store, you don't make it all the way though as the credits will disappear in the middle of the U shaped hallway that is just before it. Now head back to the MRI room, not far though (you can experiment with the distance, I backed up to the wall and could watch it respawn). Kinesis grab and throw it, and move forward to the point where it hung in the air and then back against the wall. wash, rinse and repeat.

I have also noticed that when it stops working (this applies to some other glitches too), that if I can grab the last item/credit I duped, I can again walk across (the auto save line?) and it will disappear and I can continue duping. It is a crap shoot mind you because you'll have many items lying around and you may not want to waste the time picking them up and trying to get them to disappear. But I have managed to do it for 3 of the glitches, with multiple continues on the same go.

The chapter 2 glitches maxed out my rig, stasis, kinesis, plasma cutter and line gun early in the game on Impossible mode, which was pretty handy, along with that stasis cheat.

nice sticky BTW, very handy

So I was just doing the last one (the PENG treasure), and when I dropped it in the room with the save (same as the video), then ran through the door on the right to make the "woosh" sound, and when i came back to where i dropped it in that same room, it duped there! it was pretty sweet, it only took about 10seconds per dupe and made about 30 before i stopped.

To get this to happen move the peng (the original) into the save room, then save and then begin the dupe process (security room whoosh noise). definitely speeds up this glitch.

• 3 weeks later...

Used the Chapter 4 and Peng dups, worked like a charm and so far has made Impossible quite possible!!

:woop:

Tried the capter 2 dup, but only got it to dup once and wouldn't anymore. Couldn't repeat it when I loaded up my save must have done something wrong, oh well, the others worked fine for me.

Edited by Opiate42

This thread has been dead for a while, but i have question and hopefully it will get answered. Can anyone confirm that there is a store and work bench AFTER you dupe the Pen statue so i can get all the upgrades and such?

The Store is in the dupe vid. After doing the Peng dupe you can max yourself out before you get into too much trouble. The Bench is somewhere else. Exactly where it is I can't say. I haven't played this game for so long nor do I own it anymore.

The Store is in the dupe vid. After doing the Peng dupe you can max yourself out before you get into too much trouble. The Bench is somewhere else. Exactly where it is I can't say. I haven't played this game for so long nor do I own it anymore.

Yeah i found the bench right across from the store. Thanks for the great methods!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone has achieved a successful item dupe in the on-demand version of the game? All my attempts to replicate the dupe processes posted have failed, I'm hoping the Peng Dupe will succeed when I reach Ch. 11 but I wont hold my breath :(

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone has achieved a successful item dupe in the on-demand version of the game? All my attempts to replicate the dupe processes posted have failed, I'm hoping the Peng Dupe will succeed when I reach Ch. 11 but I wont hold my breath :(

Well none of the normal item dupes were successful from start to finish with the on demand version but GOOD NEWS: The Peng Dupe Works!! so on the second play through you can use the money to do as you please :woop:suppose it stopped me from ruining my game first play through:Angel