Why Pick Snipers And Swat Every Time

Mad Sativa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWAT and Snipers definitely need to be in their own category. I like SWAT but there's way too much camping in both modes and people mistakenly think it's some kind of testament to skill to do well in either. You aren't good with the sniper rifle just because you're good in Snipers. It's two completely different things to be good in a camp-friendly mode where everyone has a sniper and nobody is moving around and to be good with the sniper in an actual game. SWAT is similar. Lots of people get the first shot to the head in an actual match but lose the fight because their DMR is terrible.

That said, I do like SWAT, but Snipers is a stupid mode. I can't wait to see if/when Bungie puts them in different playlists.

SWAT and Snipers definitely need to be in their own category. I like SWAT but there's way too much camping in both modes and people mistakenly think it's some kind of testament to skill to do well in either. You aren't good with the sniper rifle just because you're good in Snipers. It's two completely different things to be good in a camp-friendly mode where everyone has a sniper and nobody is moving around and to be good with the sniper in an actual game. SWAT is similar. Lots of people get the first shot to the head in an actual match but lose the fight because their DMR is terrible.

That said, I do like SWAT, but Snipers is a stupid mode. I can't wait to see if/when Bungie puts them in different playlists.

I agree with everything there. What makes snipers even worse is the fact that bullets shoot out from your eyes, which allows camping bastards to crouch low and still shoot you from the other side of the map. In a normal game, however, these are generally the people who can only snipe stationary targets, or take two shots to kill a moving target.

I'll admit to picking SWAT or Snipers a lot myself. Why other people do it, probably because they were HxC playlists in Halo 3 so of course a majority of players will pick them (especially because as of now TS is the only hopper that offers either)

Bungie made this call just to generalize the playlists for the first few weeks and to take it easy of most of the newcomers. These are scheduled to change so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Probably because SWAT is pretty fun, but can't play it too much, still need variety.

Agreed. Swat is my favorite but I like a little bit of everything (except BTB).

Actually in Reach, I vote according to the maps moreso than the gametype. I'd rather play a shitty gametype on a decent map than vise-versa.

You got more kills with the Tank than anything else...

500+ Kills with DMR but 700+ Deaths from it...

100+ Kills with snipe and 200+ Deaths from it...

http://www.seasonedgamers.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif http://www.seasonedgamers.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Maybe he meant 1v1 but you get an AR and he gets a scorpion?

Edited by Steelhead

I like 'em both to be honest but the same goes for Rumble Pit, I can't escape playing 15-20 Infection game types in a row before getting to a Slayer. I think Bungie needs to take the Gears 2 route and split EVERY game type up into its own category THEN have a Grab Bag situation where there's a nice EVEN mixture of game types. Anyone agree?

I like 'em both to be honest but the same goes for Rumble Pit, I can't escape playing 15-20 Infection game types in a row before getting to a Slayer. I think Bungie needs to take the Gears 2 route and split EVERY game type up into its own category THEN have a Grab Bag situation where there's a nice EVEN mixture of game types. Anyone agree?
i agree infection is one of my favs but i dont wanna play 20 games of it in a row

Id rather see them get rid of infection, i really hate it. Doesnt matter if im human or not