Most Underrated Sports Players

die coward

i believe you meant Joe Mauer. and i agree. however, i find it hard to list Beltran as underrated due to the large $$$ he is making. he is underappreciated though, that is certain. another baseball player would be Nick Swisher of the A's. He came out of nowhere to hit the shit out of the ball, and is still little known after this year.

Addai--good choice. been in the Edge shadow since he arrived, which is unfair. He will be the #1 guy next year and not split time, which will show his skills... i think T.J. Houshmandzadeh of the Bengals is underrated. him AND chris henry. chad johnson did not produce until over half way through the year, but these guys contributed while ocho-cinco was double and triple teamed. then, of course, Chad blew up and was incredible.

i think Tony Parker in the NBA is underrated. you never really hear much about him for awards or anything--but he is always commanding the team on the court and no guard can drive like him. good D too. (and I hate the spurs!)

first year player playing with the best quarterback in the league...thats a big negative...you could put bo jackson (after hip surgery) and he would do as good.

i dunno... Dominic Rhodes sure couldn't produce. Peyton does make the running game better, but you still need a good back. Addai is a quick little bruiser. and he can catch well too. and like i said, the whole edgerin james comparison all year kept him underrated.

List all of the underdogs who deserve credit.

MLB: Carlos Beltran and Jack Maur (don't know how to spell it, he's the catcher for the twins)

NBA: Kevin Martin (8th in the league in scoring and wasn't even on the All-Star Ballot!!!)

NFL: Don't watch it enough

CARLOS BELTRAN UNDERRATED?

How?! Other then the fact that he had a 119 million dollar contract he isn't even close to being underrated.

And Kevin Martin is underrated but by the fans. The fans vote all-star. Dude Yao Ming is number one every year on the all-star ballot and he's decent.

1. mlb: Michael young (rangers)

2. NFL: Stephon Jackson (rams)

3. Nba: Chris paul (bobcats)

Chris paul plays for the oklahoma/new orleans hornets. Maybe you're thinking of Raymond Felton?

Also, Erton how does Addai being the most underrated be a big negative when he's playing with Manning? Now if Addai was a wide receiver, I would understand that comment but he isn't.

NFL: Will Demps (Baltimore, Safety) , Bob Sanders (Indy, Safety) , Fred Taylor (Jaskonville, RunningBack)

Soccer: Francesco Totti & Freddy Adu

*Only Sports I Watch

Will Demps is actually on the New York Giants, were you actually thinking of Ed Reed? Freddy Adu underrated??? I don't even watch soccer but even I know that Adu is as overrated as Eli Manning.

NFL: Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints (Would've been Offensive Rookie of the Year had he not missed 4 games with injury. Not too shabby for the fourth to last pick in the draft.)

Manny Lawson, San Francisco 49ers (The "Other Guy" from North Carolina State actually had a more impressive year than his counterpart from NC State, Mario Williams.)

NBA: Kevin Martin, Sacramento Kings (Won't be underrated after this year.)

Monta Ellis, Golden State Warriors (Could be a really good player when he recovers from injury and gets proper time.)

David Lee, New York Knicks (Rebounding machine who is getting some playing time due to the brawl. He's the player who can come in off the bench for two possesions and end up with two rebounds. If he gets the minutes, watch out for him.)

MLB: Michael Young, Texas Rangers (He's not a big name power man, but he is a hitting machine. Four straight years of 200+ hits while playing a decent 2B/SS.)

Lastings Milledge, New York Mets (If he is given time to come into his own, other teams will need to watch out for him.)

Chris Paul is not even close to Underated. He was Rookie of the year and was talked about alot last year. (A Huge Wake Forest Basketball Fan). Andre Johnson was amazing his first 2 years and has kinda slipped under the radar bc of injurys. Addia was just a rookie and if he isnt talked about next year then he is underated

MLB : Paul Konerko for the Chicago White Soxes or John Garland

NFL : Randy McMicheal For the Dolphins or Chris Henry for the Bengals