multiplayer confirmed your thoughts?

Zombiechild

Since Fraxis has confirmed that there is a MP side of Xcom:EU

Normaly i avoid/Hate the MP side of 99% of games i play/have played but i am looking forward to trying this out online..just wondering what fellow Die hard original fans like my self and the new to Xcom guys think? and who will be up for a fight when its out ;)

I had a blast with MP in Civ Rev, the turn based strategy played out like a game of chess, but my only concern with XCOM: EU is the balance between humans and aliens. If the aliens require you to play a different way then i can see people complaining that humans have the advantage.

Having said that, i'll still give it a go.

I had a blast with MP in Civ Rev, the turn based strategy played out like a game of chess, but my only concern with XCOM: EU is the balance between humans and aliens. If the aliens require you to play a different way then i can see people complaining that humans have the advantage.

Having said that, i'll still give it a go.

loved playing Civ Rev first game i 1k'd

I agree that youll get 1 side saying aliens have an advantage but then youll get the other saying the humans do, will be intresting to see but Fraxis are pretty good at balance look at Civ games the xbox or pc 20+ factions all powerful but none have a overall advantage.

think im going to be spending alot of time on the MP

At the start of MP, you get a pool of points to spend on your team and their gear. You can mix human and aliens on the same team. Fraxis also noted that they will be able to adjust the costs of units and gear on the fly without having to patch the game.

Edited by J4ckyb0y1

I hope you can do the MP in private matches!

They confirmed that you can will be private and ranked matches. In ranked it is 90 seconds fro your entire turn including animations.

In private you have more control over options for the match.

I dont like animations being including in a player's turn, we can't control how the animations play out.

Animations being included in the time limit isnt new to turn based games, i could see it sucking up time if you have the "Glam Cam" turned on but otherwise youll most likely find the animations dont take long or while 1 guys doing his orders just move on to the next unit?

I've never been any good at strategy games so i think i'll stick with private. Not really a fan of the 90 seconds limit although it could make for some interesting results when under pressure.

Well if you or anyone here want to hit up the multiplayer when the games out im game, i dont go all hardcore to much of a relaxed gamer and none of my mates are getting Xcom :(

• 2 weeks later...
Well if you or anyone here want to hit up the multiplayer when the games out im game, i dont go all hardcore to much of a relaxed gamer and none of my mates are getting Xcom :(

I'll be up for multiplayer with you zombichild, but I want to run though the SP first. The MP gives us access to most if not all of the aliens and I want to be surprised when I first encounter some of those unknown guys.

I love the tabletop game style that they are bringing to the MP. I will be playing the MP with my 9 year old a lot and I can let him spend more points to get better soldiers to help even the game out.

• 2 weeks later...

Video of the stream mentioned above.

After watching a few multiplayer videos all I can say is Archangel snipers are gonna be a very commonly used unit as will their counters and Chrysalids need their point cost reduced because they just aint worth the price that they are now.

I was going to buy this game regardless of MP. I won't be playing any MP, though.

Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be any achievements hooked to MP (depending on what the secret achievements are) so I won't be forced to play MP.

I generally dislike MP being in games since MP balances always affect the singleplayer game.