PunkyV2's Guide on Wraith Driving (4 Easy Steps)

PunkyV2

The video I posted does a good job explaining. Grab a carbine and a plasma pistol. Have your friend keep plasma pistol-ing the Wraith as you Hop on top and kill the gunner. Then punch open the hatch. Keep punching the driver til his shields are gone. Then crouch so you don't see the board command. Aim at his head and hold down RB and RT at the same time, so you kill the driver in one headshot. As he dies, you jump in. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't offer any suggestions on top of this (finishing up the damn Section 8 achievement to run 280km. Ridiculous).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I'm doing. Either the carbine or the sniper are fine when i try solo but it always seems to explode in two-player. I'm going to try again in a bit and see if I can't perfect my method.

Is your buddy maybe shooting the Wraith with the plasma pistol right as you kill the Brute? Don't know if that would do it, but it might.

I don't think so. It could be a factor though. I'll try and tweek it and see what makes a difference. If I find any kind of method that's fail-proof I'll post it here. Thanks for your help, and the vid! It was informative and hilarious! "So the phantoms don't f***ing pepper you!" Classic!

i'll add it to the notes section

Also: is there anyway we can try and get this stickied? I feel as if people will be missing out if this topic sinks down on the topic list.

I will ask a moderator to see if it can be stickied!

Thanks for adding that to the notes though, I found it to be very helpful.

Edited by Gackt

havent tired the ghost yet, but a chopper can also be used to splatter any of those big enemies. I did lost platoon by myself and it was pretty easy.

I got in a wraith in Halo 3 a few times and was trying tio hard to do it in this game! I cant wait to try this out!!

When black eye is on. being in any vehicle is rough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, it seems the second set has a skull activated that doesn't permit vehicle destruction. Won't work during that set as you can't even knock the cockpit panel off.

Next, I'm almost positive this does not work when attempting Endure. From what I've gathered it doesn't work at all having 4 players. I can do it no problem by myself and even in 2 player. But I attempted this with 4 players on Heroic and no cigar. I then tested it on easy using the same 4 people and it did the same bull shit. I'm able to get in the cockpit but it blows up simultaneously.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are host I don't think you can get in the drivers seat... you can do it locally but not over live with friends involved. also if you want all day to take his head have the host hold onto the front of the wraith while the soon to be driver jumps on to snipe the drives head. I never had to crouch because the press lb to board never appears when someone is hanging off the front so just RB and take heads.... enjoy driving

• 2 weeks later...
If you are host I don't think you can get in the drivers seat... you can do it locally but not over live with friends involved. also if you want all day to take his head have the host hold onto the front of the wraith while the soon to be driver jumps on to snipe the drives head. I never had to crouch because the press lb to board never appears when someone is hanging off the front so just RB and take heads.... enjoy driving

Man...awesome advice. The host thing threw me until I read this. Thanks!