A Guide to the Best Weapons and Armor (Includes "God" Armor)

Method

I'd like to ask one question though. If you have health regeneration +xxxxxxx something, are you practically invincible or you can still drown or die of falling from great heights, etc?

Another question, what's the biggest % fortify enchantment potion you can get that's not a negative number?

Thanks!

If you fortify your health and put a % health regeneration enchantment on you're basically invincible. The health regeneration from my experience doesn't start if you're still taking damage so in theory you could drown. However if your health is 1,000,000,000 then it'll take a few hours to die :). As for the other question I'm not sure what the max fortify % is but I doubt you could hit it on the money. There's a point of diminishing returns on this stuff anyway. The difference between +11000% and +111000% isn't noticeable to you.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide has helped me immensely with my game. I just do a little here and a little there instead of all at once. My smithing/alchemy/enchanting are all 96-98 now and after a few more quests under my belt, I'll probably get them to 100 each. That's when the REAL fun will start! :)

Exactly this it would take some of the fun away if it was to easy. Im doing the same when ever i have to return to whiterun for any reason i do half hour of boosting then carry on playing. I enjoy searching for weapons and armour i wont to improve what ive got.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well, first off great job on the well put together guide my friend. who figures this s*** out in the first place huh? i mean, fortify restoration potions? thats the hole? lol very nice indeed. i only wanted to point out that you dont have to be 100 in enchanting or alchemy for god armor to be attainable. level 80 is sufficient with the necessary perks. and 100 in smithing isnt required. just whatever level is required for they type of armor the individual prefers. and an easier way to level enchanting is to go to the college of winterhold and the hall of, uh..., countenance? some c word, cant remember. anyway, there are 4 or 5 vendors there that all sell soul gems. its better this way because you can buy 5-10 soul gems at a clip as opposed to 0-4 from whiteruns court wizard. i did this as you said and started a new game following this guide from the beginning. im very satisfied with the results. i went to riften and the ratways and got the gloves of pugilist, disenchanted, and super enchanted my own gauntlets so now unarmemed attacks do 25 million or something lol. its great fun to hit an ancient dragon with a one hit haymaker. just wish there was a nifty animation to go with it. that would be the bees knees. also for the record, if your speech is only lvl 50 something when your done, and you use your new super alchemy gear to make an uber potion of any kind with value of 1 million +, as soon as you sell it to any vendor, your speech levels straight through to 100 :). and if alchemy is only at 80 when you begin the fortify restoration portion of this guide, it will go straight to 100 when you make an uber potion. when you chug an uber enchanting potion and make a piece of uber smithing gear, and improve one weapon or armor with it equipped to godlike damage/armor rating, your smithing levels straight up to 100 immediately as well. doesnt work for enchanting though. i guess using benefits from potions doesnt speed lvl the skill boosted by the potion when its put to use. but using boosted enchantments does. just figured id point these few things out to make it a little easier for some people. thanks again dude. i'll keep my amulet of mara on till i run into you ;)

peace.

p.s someone asked something about health regen vs health. i had 300 health and a necklace of uber health regen. no amount of guards, dragons, trolls, goats, or any combination of the aforementioned attackers could so much as dent my life total. even on master difficulty. however, i exited whiterun and jumped off the side and died from the fall damage. on the other hand, with uber fortify health enchantment, and no health regen, i went as high as i could on the mountain to high hrothgar above ivarstead, and whirlwind sprinted off a steep cliff purposely and didnt die or take any noticeable damage. the fall lasted something like, 4.7 seconds. tested numerous times too. so regen is not necessary at all. fortify health is all you need for everything. makes climbing down a mountain super easy and fun lol. oh and i dont think you could ever drown with either of the fortifications.

Edited by Gillroyale

• 2 weeks later...

hey, I've been following this guide for the past few days, but I seem to be stuck, my alchemy is lvl 100, as is my enchanting and smithing, I have all the perks you suggest, yet it seems I can't push my fortify enhanting potions past 28% and in turn can't create alchemy gear better than 22%, am I doing something wrong?

hey, I've been following this guide for the past few days, but I seem to be stuck, my alchemy is lvl 100, as is my enchanting and smithing, I have all the perks you suggest, yet it seems I can't push my fortify enhanting potions past 28% and in turn can't create alchemy gear better than 22%, am I doing something wrong?

Did you repeat the cycle of normal enchant for +alchemy, use alchemy to create +enchant potions, use +enchant potions to enchant gear with +alchemy, etc.?

Did you repeat the cycle of normal enchant for +alchemy, use alchemy to create +enchant potions, use +enchant potions to enchant gear with +alchemy, etc.?

yeah I managed to get the fortify enchantment potions up to 32% by using an alchemy increasing circlet with a falmer helm too, but it still only yields a 23% increase when enchanting o_O

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this has been patched? i just tried the 9 repeating steps to get the high enchantment potions, and it seems like it isn't working for me. I even reverted to an earlier save and tried it 2 other times and it still isn't working out. I used this earlier this year and it worked perfectly for me then but I think I did it before the first of the 3 dlcs came out. I didn't know if anyone else had tried this since the game patch that was released just before "Dragonborn" was released, so i figured i would ask.

I need some help here. I'm currently using my Daedric God Armor but everytime I unequip it, I suddenly die. I need to equip the Thieves Guild armor to proceed in the quest, and it's been impossible.

Before, I could unequip the god armor without dying, but now, it's IMPOSSIBLE. I don't know what I did.

Someone know a method to unequip god armor? Or my game broke?

Thanks

Hey, if you don't have an answer yet on your question. I think I have the solution to solve your problem. What I did and what worked I had the same problem as you, and what you need to do is:

1: Save your game.

2: optional. unequip your armor and you go die you will respawn at the same point where you safed your game.

3: Load your last safe game and you will get a load screen. While your waiting you see that you going almost die your stamina health and magicka goes down. After the load screen just quick unequip your armor and voila! You can complete the quest! :)

Does anyone know if this has been patched? i just tried the 9 repeating steps to get the high enchantment potions, and it seems like it isn't working for me. I even reverted to an earlier save and tried it 2 other times and it still isn't working out. I used this earlier this year and it worked perfectly for me then but I think I did it before the first of the 3 dlcs came out. I didn't know if anyone else had tried this since the game patch that was released just before "Dragonborn" was released, so i figured i would ask.

This has not yet been patched I just tried it and it worked.

This video is the best one I have found with step by step instructions on how to do this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAKZLurbwpU]SKYRIM USING ALCHEMY TO BECOME A GOD!!... BETTER EXPLAINED - YouTube[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To make the one and only Dragon Priest mask, you'll need all the other DP masks. Once you've obtained all of them, take them to Labrynthian. Go into the hut-like structure outside. There will be a wooden mask in there. Put it on, and the room will become all fancy looking. Put all the DP masks on the respective podium, and a new mask on the top will appear. Take it, and take back all your masks. The new mask has a brown hood and a golden face, with little mammoth like tusks made of gold that stick out of the mask.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm using glass armor right now too. I actually started this after killing 2 dragons, so I was able to forge 2 pieces of light dragon armor. And as soon as I walked outside there was a dragon that I killed, and then another dragon but he never attached. So I should be able to finish off the remaining set.

My armor rating is also above 600 and that's with only 2 perks in the first light armor, and one in the one that gives you a bonus for all light armor.

Definitely increasing the difficulty though, as Giants barely scratch me and I kill them in 2 shots with a bow.

I am new to this game and am going with light armor/one-handed weapons as a Nord and have killed four dragons. I am at level 14 with no enchantments on anything but have leather armor rated 23 and a sword rated 18. How did you make the armor? I am really glad I found this forum because I know nothing about smithing/enchanting/alchemy and have only been doing a little bit of it at a time. I don't really want to level everything up right away on my first play through, just want to be a little stronger with a good weapon. I have to drink a lot of potions, etc. just to survive right now and I have the game set to novice. I do have several shouts that I use also. I've tried killing an ogre but his club gets me everytime so I really can't do much exploring off the main path unless I can get better armor and weapon. Any help in the right direction would be great. Also, I'm broke, can't seem to keep enough cash. I bought my house and have a follower who helps me carry items to sell, but still no money. I'm wondering if you can carry more stuff somehow. I know you can store it at your house, but merchants don't have enough money to give me right now. I was restocking at Arcadia's for free but she stopped restocking her shelves and now I only get one or two items or potions so I guess I better start making some! I am saving this forum for later just in case I want to be super powerful, but that's simply not my style.

• 3 weeks later...

EASIEST HACK..

enchant kit for alchemy...

[

make fortify restore

drink..

remove all kit..

wear all kit..

]x(however many times you want..)

make "fortify enchanting" potion

drink

enchant a glove with alchemy.. (i'm not gonna do any calculations but i ended up with 11,000% better bpotion.. Yes ELEVEN THOUSAND. every time i make ONE potion I leveled up to 100 alchemy.. i go legendary. i make another potion. i go legendary. etc..)

i went from level 54-126 in 30 minutes..

i sell the potions at a alchemy place for 0 money.. still level my speech skill from 15-100.. legendary. 15-100

it is insane..

PS i could write this up better but who is gonna read all this anyway?

my current setup

dragonscale armor

>the main body armor gives me 11k extra health [to see how insane this is.. i went up to a precipice on shearpoint and used whirlwind sprint to launch myself off it.. i fell 3/4 of the mountain n landed with more than1/3 of my health still intact..]

>helmet gives me 9980% Archery+

>gauntlets let me carry 8900 extra weight

>boots that give me 9000% Sneak+ (i'm invisible when i crouch (not literally but thats the impression i get when in broad daylight i'm unseeable to a person staring at my face))

>2 rings: one with free destruction magic and illusion magic

one with free alteration and conjuration

>necklace with fortify barter that gives me marked price with vendors and 11000% alchemy

extra kit

ring of thief 11,000+ pickpocket and lockpicking

smiths gown 11000+ smithing

ring of waterbreathing

necklace of 11,000 fortify block and one handed

and obviouly the alchemist gloves that give me 11k alchemy..

i stopped using actual weapons.. Bound sword, bound bow is all i need..

all legendary weapons go in my house in windhelm or for sale

unfortunately i'd gone legendary on enchanting so i wasn't able to double enchant the armor.. now i dont care to..

my most expensive potion ever created was worth 230 million+..

OVERKILL

I kill Ancient dragons with one arrow..

[also get the perk to soul trap with conjured weapons and you refil all soulgems with bound weapons and this way u get to go legendary on enchanting (cheap soul gems)]

Edited by MATH3W MAGNUM77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this still working, or has it been patched?

I quit playing the game for a while and I had previously gone through this whole process and created Daedric Armor and a bow with about 500 damage.

Fast forward to right now, I started fresh with a new game and again went through this entire process of getting my Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting all to 100 as well as creating the necessary potions and crafting gear.

I again made Daedric Armor and a bow exactly as I had done previously and exactly as described in this guide; however, this time my bow maxed out at only 72 damage! Even with 4 items enchanted with Fortify Archery at 47%, my bow only barely topped 200 damage.

I went through and triple checked that I had done all the steps correctly and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...