Subscriber/Staff Spotlight - June 2013 SPECIAL EDITION

jackanape

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't the only one who doesn't know; I know numerous people have pronounced it incorrectly in the past. It's pronounced like Ka-eye-ree, just like Kairi from Kingdom Hearts.

Well, I've been mentally pronouncing it wrong all this time then. No harm no foul. :p

[spoiler=teehee]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7849/shot0009u.png

More importantly, congrats on the spotlight. Cherry Coke master race!

Interesting interview Kairi, I was always curious why your GT ended in x360:p

Also, any chance you could ship me some Cherry Coke. No one in Australia sells it anymore and I need my fix:D

Yeah lol I thought of changing it once or twice, but 800 MS points for adding a letter seemed like a bit much. lol As for the Cherry Coke, I guess I could try! It's a shame that people are deprived of the amazing taste of Cherry Coke. :/

Oh dear.......

Poor Creech! Whatever Capn Doug has in store must be terrifying! D:

Well, I've been mentally pronouncing it wrong all this time then. No harm no foul. :p

[spoiler=teehee]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7849/shot0009u.png

More importantly, congrats on the spotlight. Cherry Coke master race!

Just out of curiosity, how did you think it was pronounced? o.o Thank you for the congrats; I'm assuming you want Cherry Coke as well? XD

Excellent interview there Kairi. I ruined the illusion of a Phil Harrison interview straight away, thanks to my inability to not click spoilers. :p

I share your love of Japan, and actually started dabbling in learning the language myself a few weeks ago. So far I've learned that no-one can agree on the best place to start, so settled on something simple with Hiragana.

I loved that you gave a mention to Spyro: Year of the Dragon as one of your favourite games. I spent so long playing that with my sister; the skateboard battles with Hunter were amongst my favourite parts, along with the final battle with all those vehicles. I heard a lot of good things about 999 when it came out, but as of yet haven't played it. You've pushed it back up my "to buy" list with this interview though.

I'm guilty of mentally pronouncing your name wrong too (care-ree). It's fixed now though. Never again. :D

Excellent interview there Kairi. I ruined the illusion of a Phil Harrison interview straight away, thanks to my inability to not click spoilers. :p

I share your love of Japan, and actually started dabbling in learning the language myself a few weeks ago. So far I've learned that no-one can agree on the best place to start, so settled on something simple with Hiragana.

I loved that you gave a mention to Spyro: Year of the Dragon as one of your favourite games. I spent so long playing that with my sister; the skateboard battles with Hunter were amongst my favourite parts, along with the final battle with all those vehicles. I heard a lot of good things about 999 when it came out, but as of yet haven't played it. You've pushed it back up my "to buy" list with this interview though.

I'm guilty of mentally pronouncing your name wrong too (care-ree). It's fixed now though. Never again. :D

Thank you! :D That's understandable; I like clicking on spoilers too unless someone tells me that I should not look at it. In that case, I avoid that spoiler just like that Roquefort cheese I mentioned! XD

Nice to see someone else that loves Japan as well! I had no idea where to start either, especially with the writing. I still can't read it at all. :/

I've spent A LOT of time on Year of the Dragon over the years as well as Ripto's Rage and Spyro the Dragon. Year of the Dragon was my favorite of the three with Ripto's Rage coming in as a close second. The skateboarding races were really enjoyable as well getting to play as some of the other characters like Sheila, Sgt Byrd, and Bentley; I wasn't a fan of playing as Agent 9 though. XD If you have a DS, I believe that 999 is a must buy if you have any interest in it at all! They have a sequel to it on the 3DS called Virtue's Last Reward that I REALLY want to play extremely badly, but I don't have a 3DS. :(

I think a lot of people are guilty of mentally pronouncing it wrong, or actually pronouncing it wrong, so it's okay! XD Glad that can be fixed now though! lol

Oh definitely! Activision pretty much killed the genre by releasing an insane amount of Guitar Hero games at once. It doesn't surprise me though since Activision has a tendency to ruin things in my opinion. They ruin series like Spyro by rebooting the series twice, ruin genres like this one by milking them, and ruin companies by closing them like Bizarre Creations for example.

I love this, lol. Brutal honestly :p

Great interview overall!

Edited by BiggD

Congratulations on the Spotlight!

It's nice to see other people becoming interested in Japan, although I think video games and anime do highly contribute to that population. I'm a Japanese Studies major myself in college, don't worry though, a lot of people have a hard time with the language who haven't been exposed to it on a daily basis for most of their lives. It really does require a lot of studying, but I'm sure you'll be able to read it soon enough! :)

I love this, lol. Brutal honestly :p

Great interview overall!

Thanks! XD I wonder what Activision is going to ruin next! LOL

Congratulations on the Spotlight!

It's nice to see other people becoming interested in Japan, although I think video games and anime do highly contribute to that population. I'm a Japanese Studies major myself in college, don't worry though, a lot of people have a hard time with the language who haven't been exposed to it on a daily basis for most of their lives. It really does require a lot of studying, but I'm sure you'll be able to read it soon enough! :)

Thank you! :D I've always had some interest in Japan and the culture, but I think video games helped me become more interested in it. Currently, I've been working on learning different words and listening to a bunch of Japanese music to help with listening to the language, which has surprisingly been really helpful for me so far; I got to sit in a Japanese class for a day last year, and was able to understand some of what they were saying! =D I bet it does require a lot of studying, but I'm up for the challenge and hope to be able to start reading it soon! :)

Awesome interview Kimi, nice to learn a little more about you.

A little surprised your not into anime though lol

Thanks BEA! :D

It seems like it surprised quite a few people! You think someone such as myself would enjoy it since I like pretty much everything else that is Japanese, but I honestly find anime rather boring. :/ That may be because I tend to find watching some things boring in general, like TV shows for example. I watch TV extremely rarely because it usually bores me and when I do, it's normally either the news or World's Dumbest Criminals or something like that. I'm not sure when the last time I actually followed a TV series before; it had to be a long time ago. XD

Thanks BEA! :D

It seems like it surprised quite a few people! You think someone such as myself would enjoy it since I like pretty much everything else that is Japanese, but I honestly find anime rather boring. :/ That may be because I tend to find watching some things boring in general, like TV shows for example. I watch TV extremely rarely because it usually bores me and when I do, it's normally either the news or World's Dumbest Criminals or something like that. I'm not sure when the last time I actually followed a TV series before; it had to be a long time ago. XD

I'm not too into watching stuff either but if I try something whether it be anime or not anime I get hooked on it and can't stop watching. I went through the 1st 2 seasons of Dexter really quickly cause of this. If I am watching something though I usually have to do something else at the same time or just be really bored. Once I stop watching something to go to sleep or do something else its actually quite hard to get myself to sit down and watch it more.

I'm not too into watching stuff either but if I try something whether it be anime or not anime I get hooked on it and can't stop watching. I went through the 1st 2 seasons of Dexter really quickly cause of this. If I am watching something though I usually have to do something else at the same time or just be really bored. Once I stop watching something to go to sleep or do something else its actually quite hard to get myself to sit down and watch it more.

I don't remember the last time I was hooked on watching something; that had to be ages ago as well. Normally I just get extremely bored and just stop watching! XD I haven't given anything a try in quite a while either, but I may try watching Bates Motel soon. It seems pretty interesting to me and it sounds like something I would probably like since it's suspense; I may get hooked on that show! lol

That's me with achievement hunting, it's hard for me to sit down and do somethings but when I get past that first step, I'm alright.