Sandopolis Zone 2 Help Needed (Knuckles)

goofyvillain

Downloaded this game yesterday and have gone through and completed the game with Sonic. Decided to try to complete it with Knuckles today, and I've got to a part where I am stuck.

The best way to show it is this. 6:42 in this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owqOaLbTq0Q]YouTube - Let's Play Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Sandopolis Zone (Part 2)[/ame]

I can't get up there with Knuckles for some reason. I also tried going another route but I get stuck where there's one of those bars to push (the wall to the right as spikes near the top and I can't see how to get past them).

I've tried looking on youtube and Googling it but it's been no help. Anyone got any advice or tips I could try?

Found out where I was going wrong, needed to push the black bar, jump on it, fly to the opposite wall then across to where I needed to go.

Posting this in case someone else gets stuck like I did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYXDbxuZ3g]YouTube - knuckles in sandopolis zone act 2[/ame]

Yeah that part of the level is really annoying. Basically to glide off the wall like that you need to double tap jump so that he doesn't glide into the spikes.
Thank you, I didn't know you had to quickly double tap :). I've been sitting here for like an hour thinking WTF!? as my only savestate is in the room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That part is really not that hard. The only advice I can give you (if you already know how to glide, double tap a and hold the direction while holding a) is to try different angles, and save on that exact point for quick retries. If something isn't working, don't repeat the same method over and over.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...