Achievement Guide and Road Map

Jappe XBA

Road Map to Picnic Wars

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

- Offline: 20 (200http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

- Online: 0(0http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

- Approximate amount of time to 200 : 2-4 hours (skill based)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 (one on each difficulty)

- Number of missable achievements: None (levels are replayable)

- Glitched achievements: None after update version 1.2

- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Two game modes, Easy and Hard

Introduction:

Picnic Wars is a game for Windows Phone which is has very similar idea with Angry Birds. You are fighting with Vegetables and Fruits though instead of Birds and Pigs. Game's price is a bit high but at least there are easy achievements.

There are achievements for completing all the levels and unlocking all weapons and ammunition as well as some miscellaneous.

Step 1: Over Easy Veggies mode

The game has 32 different levels and two difficulties. So basically you need to complete 32+32 levels which totals to 64. I suggest starting with Easy mode (Over Easy Veggies) since you get to know to the game and learn the basics. The two difficulties are both divided to 4 stages and the stages are divided to 8 individual levels.

You will get most of the miscellaneous achievements just by playing normally and without even keeping track of them. Here's a list of what you should unlock in the order of how I unlocked them:

Little Kaboom

The Destroyer

Sharp Shooter

Two Birds One Stone

Ancient Pulped

Big Kaboom

Lock and Load

Fruit Salad Chopped

Early Harvest

Wasabi Mashed

Countdown Buster

Armed to the Gills

Slice 'em Up Diced

Step 2: Cold Mad Fruits mode

Now when you know how the game works and how to control the different weapons you can move on to Cold Hard Fruits mode. Like the name tells you this mode is considered as "Hard" difficulty but actually the only difference is that the weapons don't have the targeting indicators anymore so you need to know where to shoot without the line showing you where your ammo will drop at. At first it may seem a bit hard but since the levels are the same as in the Easy mode you should have no problems with this.

See "The Finisher" achievement from the guide for some general tips to the gameplay. Here are the achievements you should unlock with your playthrough of Cold Hard Fruits, in the order I unlocked them:

Fruit Dice Sliced

Coleslaw Shredded

Banzai Mashed

Bumper Harvest

Peel 'em Down Slammed

The Finisher

Step 3: Mop up

Now just finish up any achievements you have left. Possibly at least Six Birds One Stone. Refer to the achievement guide to see how to obtain it easily.

Conclusion:

Picnic Wars was quite funny and enjoyable game for Windows Phone. Levels aren't too difficult but you need to try some different variations and tactics on them so it doesn't get boring fast. In about 2 hours you can gain all the achievements from this game.

Achievement Guide to Picnic Wars

=============

ACHIEVEMENTS

=============

0ICLiGJhbC9ACxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzE0AAAAAOfn5-9Ypm4=.jpgThe Finisher 20G

Finished the game

There are a total of 64 levels in Picnic Wars divided into Easy and Hard levels. The levels are basically the same 32 levels but when playing in Hard mode you don't have the indicator to show you where your shot will land so you need to know how far or near you need to shoot the ammo to hit the structures and enemies. You shouldn't have any problems with the 32 easy levels and after you beat them and move to the Hard mode, you should basically remember how you beat most of the levels.

There is a time limit in each level but it comes from 4 minutes to 2 minutes so the time shouldn't give you any problems. You can replay all the levels whenever you want to but there is no need since you don't need to acquire every golden bean from the levels for achievements. Golden beans are rewarded when you complete each task for the levels. Tasks include completing the level in certain time, destroying certain amount of the enemy structure and collecting bags.

Some general tips for the gameplay

- If you can't seem to hit an enemy, try the catapult. It is an easy way to hit the enemies from high above if they are behind some structures.

- You should use most of the time the newest ammo that you unlock. Of course you can use common sense and try other ammos as well since the newest ammo doesn't always do the trick.

- You should check the information windows about different ammos and see what weapon is best with each individual ammunition.

- Use the Pumpkin bomb if you are stuck (Not sure if this is Nokia exclusive at the moment?)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s2.jpgAncient Pulped 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 1 Veggie mode

See "The Finisher" for more info.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s2.jpgFruit Salad Chopped 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 2 Veggie mode

1oCLiGJhbC9FCxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzExAAAAAOfn5-k7vLE=.jpgWasabi Mashed 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 3 Veggie mode

0YCLiGJhbC9MFQQaXFJQHGExL2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn-kGMNw==.jpgSlice 'em Up Diced 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 4 Vegie mode

1YCLiGJhbC9ECBsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-rJdIs=.jpgFruit Dice Sliced 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 1 Fruit mode

14CLiGJhbC9ECxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzEwAAAAAOfn5-jbRCI=.jpgColeslaw Shredded 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 2 Fruit mode

0YCLiGJhbC8WCxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzFiAAAAAOfn5-6wFV8=.jpgBanzai Mashed 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 3 Fruit mode

04CLiGJhbC9CCxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzE2AAAAAOfn5-yZV0g=.jpgPeel 'em Down Slammed 10G

Completed all levels in Stage 4 Fruit mode

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s10.jpgCountdown Buster 5G

Completed Stage 1 Level 4 in under 30 seconds

Easiest done with a pumpkin bomb. The catapults are already placed so that you don't need to move them. Right when the level starts quickly put 6 tomato ammos to grow and when they are ready keep shooting with either one of the catapults that are on the sides. Don't use the middle catapult at all. After you shoot 6 tomatoes to one of the towers it will explode since there is a barrel of TNT. Now you got half of the level done. Now just put the pumpkin bomb to the other catapult and it will explode the second tower and kill all remaining enemies. I got it done in 28 seconds and unlocked the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s11.jpgSharp Shooter 5G

All purple bundles and fertilizer bags gathered

Refer to Little Kaboom for information about how to get this easily.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s12.jpgTwo Birds One Stone 5G

Squished 2 foes with one ammo

On the second stage of Ancient Pulp there is a tower with two enemies in it. Just shoot mushrooms at the shelter until the roof breaks and one final mushroom to hit both of the enemies.

1YCLiGJhbC8QFQQaXFJQHGExL2FjaC8wL2QAAAAA5+fn+u0x1w==.jpgSix Birds One Stone 20G

Squished 6 foes with one ammo

Easiest done with the Pumpkin bomb. You get a Pumpkin seed if you score over 3500 points in a level. It grows in the lower right corner, under where your normal ammo is growing. After 5 minutes the Pumpkin bomb is ready. Good level to try this is on Fruit Salad level 8 called "Slice 'em Up". Just aim to the middle and shoot.

Edited by Jappe XBA

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s14.jpgLock and Load 20G

6 weapons unlocked

You unlock different kinds of weapons in the game when you complete levels. You can upgrade your current weapons with purple bags by rolling them all the way to left with your finger. When you get to Fruit Salad level 7 you should unlock your 6th weapon in the game. Achievement pops when the level starts.

04CLiGJhbC8VCxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzFhAAAAAOfn5-yRHOo=.jpgArmed to the Gills 5G

All weapons unlocked

When you reach "Slice 'em Up" level 6 you will unlock your last piece of ammo. Considering you have completed the Easy levels already. It's called "Cyril C. Squash".

0oCLiGJhbC9DCxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzE3AAAAAOfn5-15r9s=.jpgEarly Harvest 5G

8 ammos unlocked

Just like weapons, you unlock ammo as you complete levels. Different ammo plays well with different weapons. The game tells you if an ammo is good with catapult or cannon. When you get to Wasabi! Level 4 you should unlock your 8th ammo in the game. Achievement pops when the level starts.

1oCLiGJhbC8SCxsFG1lSUmExL2FjaC8wLzFmAAAAAOfn5-kz9xM=.jpgBumper Harvest 5G

All ammos unlocked

Both difficulty settings have their own specified ammos. You unlock more ammo when you progress through the levels. If you play through the Easy mode first and Hard mode after that, the last ammo you will get is from Slice 'em Up level 4.

*This achievement was glitched and unobtainable until the developer released the update 1.2 on 18th February 2013*

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s18.jpgLittle Kaboom 5G

1 TNT activated

On the very first level of Ancient Pulp stage you will see TNT next to the tomato who is in the ground under the shelter. Just keep shooting at the shelter until it breaks and then shoot one more mushroom and you will see a little boom and net this achievement! This will also unlock The Destroyer and Shap Shooter.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s18.jpgBig Kaboom 20G

20 TNT activated

This achievement is cumulative. Just keep hitting those little TNT barrels and you get this in no time if you're going for all achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2574/s20.jpgThe Destroyer 20G

Destroyed 80% of the level scene

Refer to Little Kaboom for information about how to get this easily.

Edited by Jappe XBA

Four hours is more realistic for me... I had to replay several levels, especially the hard ones (3-4, ugh).

Might be better to change it to 2-3 hours. Hard levels took me a couple of tries as well but I don't think the overall gaming time went much above 2 hours. Game was on probably like 5 hours but I was on the computer at same time :p

Not sure about about 2-3 hours. I think I am already 2-3 into it and have barely got into the hard levels.

Only suggestion I have is maybe give a method to earning 3500 points to unlock the pumpkin bomb. I am guessing it is easy as I got it without even trying. prob just needs to be one of the later levels with bigger castles and more enemies.

Not sure about about 2-3 hours. I think I am already 2-3 into it and have barely got into the hard levels.

Only suggestion I have is maybe give a method to earning 3500 points to unlock the pumpkin bomb. I am guessing it is easy as I got it without even trying. prob just needs to be one of the later levels with bigger castles and more enemies.

Might need to change it to even more hours but it took max 3 hours from me at least. The easy levels are pretty straight forward: just use newest ammo a lot and use catapults and the bottle cannons.

Good levels to get the Pumpkin are for example Wasabi! level 8 and Slice 'em Up level 7. My current highest score in those are 4165 and 4880 and I have completed them only one time. Can't really say any tactics or strategy except what I said above already.

I would record a video about it but I don't have a video camera and I have no clue if it is even possible to capture gameplay from Windows Phone. If it is I can make a video :)

67 MB update for the game today. Didnt fix the achievement at all. Cant tell what it did. Seemed like a huge update. The things I wanted fixed were not...(i.e. option to turn off sound and vibration, fix the lag when you hit a TNT, and the achievement). Who knows what it did. I know the achievement didnt get fixed though.

I saved the last ammo so I could get it after the update in case the acheivement required that. Didnt unlock when I got the last ammo. I think it has something to do with there only being 10 ammos for the fruit (even though the counter goes to 11, it skips #9). The veggies have 11. Also there is a pumpkin bombs. Maybe there is a fruit ammo that is glitched...#9..

Also, I polished off the rest of the game in about 30 minutes. Put me 3 hours into it total to complete. The tip about not using any tanks was clutch. I just used the very first cannon. I learned its shooting range and arc and mastered it quickly. Always downgraded whatever was given to me. I almost exclusively used oranges for every fruit level. I would make 4, then launch them all. Usually I could almost clear the level, and get a ton of seeds. Then I would occasionally need the one that can break through walls. Use that if needed then fire an orange to finish off the guy that was hiding. Cake. I worked so fast I rarely ever even lost a launcher. I think it was good for me to just keep all the launchers in the starting middle postion and adjust their arc. All levels were basically identical and enemies stand in similar spots, so I knew the exact short height to make from the middle location.

Edited by Arsenic 17

67 MB update for the game today. Didnt fix the achievement at all. Cant tell what it did. Seemed like a huge update. The things I wanted fixed were not...(i.e. option to turn off sound and vibration, fix the lag when you hit a TNT, and the achievement). Who knows what it did. I know the achievement didnt get fixed though.

I saved the last ammo so I could get it after the update in case the acheivement required that. Didnt unlock when I got the last ammo. I think it has something to do with there only being 10 ammos for the fruit (even though the counter goes to 11, it skips #9). The veggies have 11. Also there is a pumpkin bombs. Maybe there is a fruit ammo that is glitched...#9..

Also, I polished off the rest of the game in about 30 minutes. Put me 3 hours into it total to complete. The tip about not using any tanks was clutch. I just used the very first cannon. I learned its shooting range and arc and mastered it quickly. Always downgraded whatever was given to me. I almost exclusively used oranges for every fruit level. I would make 4, then launch them all. Usually I could almost clear the level, and get a ton of seeds. Then I would occasionally need the one that can break through walls. Use that if needed then fire an orange to finish off the guy that was hiding. Cake. I worked so fast I rarely ever even lost a launcher. I think it was good for me to just keep all the launchers in the starting middle postion and adjust their arc. All levels were basically identical and enemies stand in similar spots, so I knew the exact short height to make from the middle location.

I haven't gotten any update but since I've heard others have I removed the game and downloaded it again. Haven't fully played through a second time yet but TA shows no-one has completed it and after your reply it's pretty sure the update didn't fix the achievement...

They haven't published anything on Twitter or Facebook about the update though. I hope there's another one coming soon.

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Picnic Wars Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!