Contact Sega For updated 1000 points for Condemned

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know what bugs me? Someone who loved the game and was disappointed that there wasn't a full 1000 GS for it (as was I), was simply asking for a show of support... and yet the douche-bags who don't care HAVE to come in here and spew their poison. STFU!

Sega isn't going to update the game. I know this. I wish they would, but it is extremely unlikely. If someone wants to take a crack at such an attempt (to get the game updated)... let 'em do it. It's no skin off your nose. No one gives a damn if YOU are satisfied with the 970 points. If someone else wants to dream... let 'em!

Personally... I think it was a HUGE mistake to not have an achievement for completing the game on the HARDEST difficulty (without changing the difficulty) for that 30 points. I've played the game through 3 times, but not yet on the hardest setting. I would LOVE to be rewarded 30 points for doing that (as long as they didn't expect me to do it without dying - I'd be asking for 130 points for that)!

Let the people dream...! :)

• 2 months later...

I sent them a note thanking them for NOT including 1000 gs. Going against the grain of common convention is awesome. I'm waiting for another game to do this, maybe even with 627gs, just for the random number factor; or maybe even another significant number like trips (999, etc...) or sequential (789), or something significant to the developer. (989 Studios).

So Rock-On! Sega for breaking the mold and riling up a bunch of people.

• 2 weeks later...

The grain of common convention? This was a launch title. There was no mold to break. Nobody knew what to do with achievements and Microsoft hadn't properly set their standards for games at the time.

Microsoft will no longer allow a non-Arcade title to have more or less than 1,000 earnable gamerscore for a release on their system.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I argee with Restricted-Access sega will never update this game to 1000point just beacuse of a few people want 30 more gamerscore, 95% of people on xbox dont care about achievements. So why would sega?

im sure theres a lot less than 95% who dont care. almsot everybody ive talked to that has an xbox always likes to go for achievements and loves to hear that ping noise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I didn't want to comment on this since the thread is old, but it was still on page one anyways in the 6 most recent posts for this game, so what the heck..

This game has always irked me on the 970, and I'd love for it to be upgraded to 1000gs but at this point in time, I don't think it will ever happen.

I just wonder how this ever happened to begin with. I don't think any other retail game on the 360 ever had this type of thing happen. Why this game?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I see the words "fix" and "missing", as if it was a glitch or something. Is there any proof this wasn't intentional?

I once heard that it was intentional because there was to be more content but they messed up and had 50 cheevos instead of 47 or something. At the time 50 achievements was the ceiling so you couldn't add more gamerscore even if there was DLC. Not sure if that was true though because achievements or not, they never released any add-ons for the game.

All they would have to do is add a free achivement for 30G for playing the game after a certain date. It won't happen due to M$'s expensive certification process and the fact that it's now almost an 8 year old game. Would be nice though, it might be easier to convince Sega to re-release it at retail as a "360 Classic" or something complete with a shiny new achievement.

http://thetural.com/360/user_images/c4684d54404785e447ccdb621bfa73bd.png

Play Condemned after May 22, 2013

Edited by Steakslave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
All they would have to do is add a free achivement for 30G for playing the game after a certain date. It won't happen due to M$'s expensive certification process and the fact that it's now almost an 8 year old game. Would be nice though, it might be easier to convince Sega to re-release it at retail as a "360 Classic" or something complete with a shiny new achievement.

http://thetural.com/360/user_images/c4684d54404785e447ccdb621bfa73bd.png

Play Condemned after May 22, 2013

That'd be kinda awesome. I'd love to play another Condemned, too.

• 2 weeks later...