Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Scrapdaddy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Scrapdaddy The red needed for the Dragon is from the last expedition in South America and the Wildness must be 5 for Red Dragon to unlock.

Also I feel like an idiot!!! I didn't realize you could touch the thought bubble, I was selecting the toy box every time my pet wanted to do something.... which apparently doesn't count

Thanks for the great guide. Finally finished this game off tonight (well, the original 1000).

Here's hoping dlc isn't to expensive and releases soon. I only rented this so the sooner we find out when/how much the sooner I know when I can send it back. If its more than 400msp I'll likely wait til I buy this for my kids.

@Scrapdaddy The red needed for the Dragon is from the last expedition in South America and the Wildness must be 5 for Red Dragon to unlock. updated and thanks for confirming!

Also I feel like an idiot!!! I didn't realize you could touch the thought bubble, I was selecting the toy box every time my pet wanted to do something.... which apparently doesn't count. We've all done something like that at some point. At least you figured it out.

Thanks for the great guide. Finally finished this game off tonight (well, the original 1000). You're welcome - glad it worked out.

Here's hoping dlc isn't to expensive and releases soon. I only rented this so the sooner we find out when/how much the sooner I know when I can send it back. If its more than 400msp I'll likely wait til I buy this for my kids.

I'm with everyone and I'm hoping it's cheap. Usually I don't get DLC unless it came free with the game or it's a game I REALLY like. This is kinda unfortunate because I would not normally pay for extra content on this game but because I wrote the guide I might. I don't care so much about completion % but I do like my guides to be complete.

WOW! Only 240msp... now thats how you put out DLC, granted anything over 400 I woulda passed on it. Thanks again for the guide, DLC was cake and now the game can be shipped back to whence it came so I can get something else (preferably better).

Well i have 17 awards left. About 4 of them for the free play which ill just knock out easily. So for the rest I can just purchase at the description screen? Say if I buy just one and move onto the next saturday would I have to follow the same way which would be purchase, click back, and click back again to the main menu? Get that one award then proceed to manipulate the date, play another talent show, and purchase again? I just want to make sure before I start free spending my hard earned gems.

btw is there a menu option I can click to see how to make my pet "sit" and do other tricks. I wasnt paying attention when the avatar popped up. Man I am so close. 3 achievements left. the 75%, all trophies, and one drawer of trophies.

Well i have 17 awards left. About 4 of them for the free play which ill just knock out easily. So for the rest I can just purchase at the description screen? Say if I buy just one and move onto the next saturday would I have to follow the same way which would be purchase, click back, and click back again to the main menu? Get that one award then proceed to manipulate the date, play another talent show, and purchase again? I just want to make sure before I start free spending my hard earned gems.

btw is there a menu option I can click to see how to make my pet "sit" and do other tricks. I wasnt paying attention when the avatar popped up. Man I am so close. 3 achievements left. the 75%, all trophies, and one drawer of trophies.

By the time I was "done" with the majority of the achievements I was still missing 8 awards. I had enough gems, so I just went and bought everything all at once. I then exited out of the Trophy Cabinet and went back to the freeplay screen (just you with your pet superimposed into the room) which forced a save and the achievement. You will notice that your award count will not change while you buy the awards. It will only show the updated total once you re-enter the Trophy Cabinet after saving. Kinda odd but it does work.

In your example, if you do not have enough gems for the ones you are missing then you can either buy them one at a time like you suggest or just play until you have enough (each award is 1000 gems) and get them all at once. Either way will work.

As for "Sit" I don't recall seeing an in game list but you can just say the pet's name and then "Sit". So for example, "Sasha, Sit!". The pet names are programed into the game and appear at the top of the screen.

Excellent guide for the DLC. Got my extra 235GS in about an hour (After going off-line to get the Saturday ach). Thanks for the speedy work.

WOW! Only 240msp... now thats how you put out DLC, granted anything over 400 I woulda passed on it. Thanks again for the guide, DLC was cake and now the game can be shipped back to whence it came so I can get something else (preferably better).
Thanks guys:) Edited by Scrapdaddy

Wow thanks for the quick response. I was just worried but I will just keep playing talent shows over and over until I have enough to buy all at once. Then follow your instructions. Man I swear people need to send you a case a beers or something for all the hard work you do in every guide. I have toy story 3, de blob, and marvel super hero collecting dust. Toy story 3 is a game I love due to my love of disney but I'm scared to attempt. I don't want to fail haha. But with your handy dandy complete walkthrough my fears are diminishing. Thanks again. Have a great weekend1

• 2 weeks later...

I played three complete weeks (21 days!) offline and washed my pet every day and played with it. 100% sure that I didn't miss a day! Did never get the achievements for this though!!! Can I buy those awards and will I get the achievements then??? I'm afraid those two just won't unlock in my game! :'(

I played three complete weeks (21 days!) offline and washed my pet every day and played with it. 100% sure that I didn't miss a day! Did never get the achievements for this though!!! Can I buy those awards and will I get the achievements then??? I'm afraid those two just won't unlock in my game! :'(
It's the first I have heard of this particular problem but it seems you have two options:

1) It only takes 7 days for each achievement so save your game first. Now just exit to the dashboard, move the date forward and basically redo the task for 7 more days and be sure that each time you are in your profile's saved game because sometimes the Kinect can recognize you as a guest or some other profile. It prompts you at the start so just be careful to choose the right one. Then just play Fetch once and wash your pet once. Choose to save and exit from the smart phone menu and then return to the dashboard and move the day forward 1 day. Repeat 6 more times.

2) Go ahead and finish everything else. Once everything is done, copy your saved game to a memory card or USB and then delete it from your Xbox HDD. Now start a new game and repeat the steps for seven consecutive days. You could then just copy your original save back over if you wanted too.

I can't think of anything else that would help, sorry. Good luck.

hmm. I tried another two weeks yesterday, with no luck. Just playing saturday's today and Next To Godliness just popped randomly. weird stuff. Only achievement I'm missing now is Best Of Friends, which just doesn't want to unlock, no matter what.

Might have to try a new save and do another seven days. Losing more and more unneccessary hours on this one and it's starting to drive me angry.

Edit: doing it with a new save worked. It 'only' took 1,5 hours, due to the forced 50 minutes tutorial.

Finally I completed this, time to trade it in!

Edited by Cringer85

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone had problems to unlock "Victory is mine!"? I play in real time and won two saturday shows back to back, but it didn't unlock, and I only got a bronze trophy for the whole thing (when I click on the trophy I am able to upgrade it, but it's already unlocked).

Yes. I had the same problem. Not only with that one but with every time-based achievement. I had to play offline and just cashed in enough credits to buy all of the time-based trophies. Just upgrade it already and it should work.

I'm having a problem trying to do the "Sit!" minigame. MY cat just runs past the area every time. I've tried sitting down on the floor & sofa, and tried yelling "sasha, sit". Nothing seems to stop it. It's causing me to fail talent shows so its become a problem.

it's actually very easy.

Step 1: running: NEVER run on the spot!!! just go forward and backwards non-stop in small and somwhat quick and nimble steps - you don't even need to run. Kinect just monitors movement, not really the speed of it.

Step 2: sitting: slide forward with feet and fall backwards with your upper body. like this \_. Stop yourself with your left hand so you won't hurt your butt on the ground.

sit down as soon as you reach the sit-marker. Otherwise you will slide all the way outside of the area. You should get highscore every time this way.

Edited by Cringer85

• 1 month later...

The "Dressed To Win" achievement for winning on a Saturday unlocked for me on a Wednesday. Maybe as long as you win wearing a DLC costume, it doesn't matter what day it's on despite the description.

EDIT: On Sunday, the "You won the Main Event two weeks in a row." achievement just popped right when I started the game, having only play the game on 6 days! It's rare when a game glitches achievements in your favor rather than against you.

Edited by Gunstar Red

• 3 weeks later...
it's actually very easy.

Step 1: running: NEVER run on the spot!!! just go forward and backwards non-stop in small and somwhat quick and nimble steps - you don't even need to run. Kinect just monitors movement, not really the speed of it.

Have to disagree, I found it easiest to jog on the spot and also move your arms backwards and forwards like you are really jogging and get all the bonus gems. You can actually do the whole thing just by moving your arms, but you wont get fast enough to get bonus gems.

Step 2: sitting: slide forward with feet and fall backwards with your upper body. like this \_. Stop yourself with your left hand so you won't hurt your butt on the ground.
I have done it by dropping to my knees and also just crouching, so I don't think it is actually that specific.

sit down as soon as you reach the sit-marker. Otherwise you will slide all the way outside of the area. You should get highscore every time this way.
You can time it just a little bit after the sit marker to get all the way to the very end you can possibly go without going over, but the max points is 250 so you don't really need to. I agree the sit marker is the safest point but I get bored and play around to test the limits.

On Sunday, the "You won the Main Event two weeks in a row." achievement just popped right when I started the game, having only play the game on 6 days! It's rare when a game glitches achievements in your favor rather than against you.

I had the Same thing Happen to me on a Monday, I just started the game and was going to do the 7th day of everything then the "Victory is Mine" Achievement popped and so did the "Best of Friends" Achievement.

Edited by BluWolve

Well, contribution time... :) there is a better way for "Epic fail". When in one of the minigames just have the Kinect cancel position (45 degress between legs and left hand) and then from the menu press "skip" and then you get 0 points and no medal for the event. Do it 5 times and there you go...

I don't know if this is a Glitch, but I did this method today trying to get "Fail" and "Epic Fail". Only "Epic Fail" popped so I am thinking to get "Fail" you actually have to finish an event without skipping. Can anyone confirm?

I will try tomorrow to confirm anyway but I was just thinking perhaps you should mention in the guide that to get both achievements in one talent show, you should skip four minigames and play through one getting 0 points. Had I known that I would not have skipped all the events and still got both achievements.

To get "Fail" you actually have to finish an event without skipping.

CONFIRMED

Edited by BluWolve

• 3 weeks later...

What's the best/fastest way to get a lot GEMs? I'm running out and I need them for the expeditions lol...

Edit: Ok well, by now I've traveled everywhere and I still don't see any trophies that can be purchased. So, when do they open up? Do I have to get to Rank 10 first?

Edit: Nevermind. You have to have at least 1000 GEMs on you to be able to buy them.

Edit: In case anyone hasn't realized. The trophies/awards and achievements are separate. You don't need to have all the achievement based trophies to get the 100% trophy achievement.

I don't know if this is a Glitch, but I did this method today trying to get "Fail" and "Epic Fail". Only "Epic Fail" popped so I am thinking to get "Fail" you actually have to finish an event without skipping. Can anyone confirm?

I will try tomorrow to confirm anyway but I was just thinking perhaps you should mention in the guide that to get both achievements in one talent show, you should skip four minigames and play through one getting 0 points. Had I known that I would not have skipped all the events and still got both achievements.

CONFIRMED

The guide says that method is specifically used for the "Epic Fail" achievement. It doesn't say anything about the "Fail" achievement...

You can time it just a little bit after the sit marker to get all the way to the very end you can possibly go without going over, but the max points is 250 so you don't really need to.

The max points in "Sit!" is 300.

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

• 5 months later...

The guide says that method is specifically used for the "Epic Fail" achievement. It doesn't say anything about the "Fail" achievement...

No it does not but I presumed the method would work for both and there is no where saying that it won't. I do beg your pardon though, I thought the point of an achievement guide was to help people get achievements as quickly and easy as possible.

The max points in "Sit!" is 300.
Really? you must get it sooooo perfect, because I swear the highest I could get was 250, and that was landing right on the end line. Nice work!