• Mildly Scary.
    • It Was Scary At Times..
    • Gah! Scary!?! Not Scary At All...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a serious wimp, and don't like anything in the way of scary. Unfortunately, I still have a morbid curiosity for such things. I finished the 1st episode of Alan Wake tonight, and it's not too bad. However, I'm playing with the sound really low, which lessens the tension quite a bit. Lights off and sound up would likely give me nightmares!

• 2 weeks later...
It's really only mildly scary, but if you play it at night, with the lights off, it gets like twice as freaky. But thats just my opinion idk if it was like that for anyone else.

Thats how I played it. Thats why I voted Scary. Scariest game since I played Dead Space. Its a neat game too, if you can't trust your neighbors then who ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The scariest part of the game, for me, was done by accident.

I was in complete darkness, surround sound up real loud because my roommates were out, and playing while wrapped in a blanket with my girlfriend, because we're poor and heating costs cash money playa

I was searching for chests in one of the woodsey portions of the game, and came up to a shack. I was just staring at the wood paneling because my girlfriend had gone to make hot chocolate, and I heard footsteps in the game.

I looked around in every direction - nothing. Weird.

I went into the little shed, nothing to be found, not even ammo.

Stepped outside, and was looking at the wood paneling again, while conversing with the GF.

Heard more steps in game.

Turned to my left, giant taken right there.

Seriously screamed like a little girl.

If you're the type who literally puts themselves in the game, then you're in for one hell of a ride. It really does screw with your mind and can make you feel paranoid.

This is how I am when I play most games but mostly games like this. There have been times I will hear something and just freeze pointing my flashlight all over the place.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
I wouldn't say it was scary, although there were a few startling moments. It's more creepy than anything else in the way the Taken mere from the background, and those brief moments of uncertainly as to whether that thing in the mist is an object or a baddie,

I would agree that it is pretty creepy.... Being outside in the dark woods knowing that the taken are out there....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...