Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think TrueAchievements is a "rebel" website.

You know they use back-door tactics to be able to scan peoples gamertags which breaks MS ToCs right?

If the achievements are locked out on this site, then it's for a good reason. It'll mainly be because the publisher etc has asked them to. Saying this, PS3T still has theirs showing. I just don't think someone over there has flicked the hide switch.

The achievements will be up and showing again come Tuesday. But seriously, type 'GTAV Achievements' into Google.

Edited by Nozza

You know they use back-door tactics to be able to scan peoples gamertags which breaks MS ToCs right?

If the achievements are locked out on this site, then it's for a good reason. It'll mainly be because the publisher etc has asked them to. Saying this, PS3T still has theirs showing. I just don't think someone over there has flicked the hide switch.

The achievements will be up and showing again come Tuesday. But seriously, type 'GTAV Achievements' into Google.

I doubt that. If TA was breaking Microsoft's terms and conditions, I don't think they would still be up and running the same way after 5+ years. Microsoft is completely aware of TA. TA is even part of the Xbox Community Developer Program. The scanners just scan your xbox.com profile. I'm sure they work nearly the same as the leaderboards on X360A that automatically track your gamerscore/achievements in each game you play. Or Raptr which tracks every game, achievement, and hour you play/earn.

I doubt that. If TA was breaking Microsoft's terms and conditions, I don't think they would still be up and running the same way after 5+ years. Microsoft is completely aware of TA. TA is even part of the Xbox Community Developer Program. The scanners just scan your xbox.com profile. I'm sure they work nearly the same as the leaderboards on X360A that automatically track your gamerscore/achievements in each game you play. Or Raptr which tracks every game, achievement, and hour you play/earn.

Then why have x360a abided by R*/MS requests to hid the GTAV achievements but TA hasn't... Trust me, TA ain't what everyone think it is and they are a poorly run site.

One sentence from how a member of staff feels about them;

I think the real lesson here is this:

DON'T EXPRESS CONCERN ABOUT RIVAL SITES THAT WE HATE AND EXPECT A RATIONAL RESPONSE. THEY CAN KISS MY NUTS!!!!

Back on topic now me thinks.

Then why have x360a abided by R*/MS requests to hid the GTAV achievements but TA hasn't... Trust me, TA ain't what everyone think it is and they are a poorly run site.

One sentence from how a member of staff feels about them;

Back on topic now me thinks.

TA only put up the achievements two days ago. Perhaps Rockstar hasn't contacted them yet.

Either way, I don't think TA is breaking any more rules that other sites like X360A and Raptr are, if any rules are being broken. I also don't understand why X360A and TA are rival sites. I use them for completely different purposes, so, in my mind, they are nowhere near rivals.

Anyway, I don't see why Rockstar is so adamant about not having websites post the achievement list. Why the hell does it matter so much, especially since more important things have been leaked? And the list is already out on the internet and once something hits the internet, it is there for good.

Edited by xhunterrrr

To be honest all I wont to do is there any missable achievements.

I doubt any would be missable. But if there were, based on a bit from that IGN Q&A video, the only one I see as being such would be the one where you solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson. At least I'm assuming that's the one they were referring to when they mentioned you hear reports on the radio and then can go to the scene to try to solve the cold-case. But.... again, I highly doubt it'd be missable. I distinctly remember radio news stuff being repeated as necessary in all the previous games, so I can't imagine that'd be any different.

I doubt any would be missable. But if there were, based on a bit from that IGN Q&A video, the only one I see as being such would be the one where you solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson. At least I'm assuming that's the one they were referring to when they mentioned you hear reports on the radio and then can go to the scene to try to solve the cold-case. But.... again, I highly doubt it'd be missable. I distinctly remember radio news stuff being repeated as necessary in all the previous games, so I can't imagine that'd be any different.

According to a source I have (he has the guide already), that achievement involved collecting 50 letters. So I don't think it's missable.

I don't think any of them will be.

i just don't like the level 100 in multiplayer, i'd rather play bf4 multiplayer.

I know this is an achievement site, but really? GTA Online has already been shown to be a totally different game, if you don't like having to play gta online then don't, go skip those points. You don't have your gamertag on show so i can't say but i doubt you have 100% on everything. And either way, go play BF/CoD/Halo/Insert FPS Here. GTA Online is now a seperate entity that will just grow more and more, BF/CoD etc will replace itself.

Take your pick, even as a player of both BF and CoD (no fanboi crap i love both for different reasons, go away) I can be certain i will be playing GTA online alot! Watch Dogs scares me more, game looks epic and for me, singleplayer takes over MP. I'm always online, have fibre connection, i usually end up hosting p2p games, so no nothing to do with moaning about omg slow ping, I am no pro player, i dont glory watch my k/d w/l, i can however play and dominate a leaderborard, honestly, i don't care though. Play mostly team games, i play for the team, if i get a loss on k/d but we win thats all good. Would play all v all if i wanted to be the "god" and i would prob lose there, above average yes, uber 1337 omg quickscope i win, no (wont get into quickscoping but they can go dai too :p) I am not, but i don't care, i have fun, play to win and work with my team as much as possible.

One day people will find that those who don't whore points on team games will actually start to remove those that do. I see this game as being the start as only so far 16 players are allowed in a world. Piss someone off then and its not oh, move on, its going to be ban, flag for unfair gameplay (the loot thing i see being big with randoms). Block probably even.

Give me a good story i can get into. MP comes when i have nothing left to do or want to shoot some c***s in the face ;)

Edited by Killerchronic

The real question is when will the online (servers) be turned on properly. As its not on at the momment only singleplayer

It's not really a real question is it... I mean it's been well promoted that the MP of GTAV will be closed and the servers will launched on October 1st.

What rock have you been under?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130720224252/spongebob/images/f/fb/ROCK.jpg