Game on Hard

hyourinnmaru

Tips on completing the game on Hard without using any continues would be fantastic. Thanks.

If you die on a level, you can pick exit game to go back to the main menu, then select continue. It will put you back at the start of the level you died on, and you will have all credits you began the level with (you'll also be able to respend exp points into your stats, so you can pour more experience into a stat you know you will need). I don't know if you would still unlock the achievement this way, but it's worth a go, and saves you from starting the game from the very start if you end up making a silly mistake and dying.

I would also suggest playing on original mode, as in remix mode on hard, enemies can counter and forceback, and they can combo and juggle you for what seems like forever. I think original mode is generally easier, but go for whatever mode you are better at personally. Might be worth using Han too, so you can get the Undead Rogue's sword on stage 8 for the stat boost.

Also, try and let Undead Hero do as much work as possible, or have him take on the bigger enemies at the least. If you use the easy bad karma method in the following thread (click), you can also gain exp if playing on original mode (as you don't earn exp for juggling dead bodies in remix). So you'll be able to level as much as you like, though you might need a turbo controller to save a possible sore thumb!

Good luck!

Tips on completing the game on Hard without using any continues would be fantastic. Thanks.

i used nicole,avoided Kanon, selecting the final choice, then selected paths to end up with valgar as last boss(easiest)

used undead warrior most of the time in beserk mode, avoiding difficult fights

hope it helps

Edited by hyourinnmaru

did you end up using the nicole method mentioned earlier?

No I did not pick Nicole, well I did first and tried spam barrier and heal but enemies keep throwing me, so I went back and pick Han instead and went to get his Sword and max up stats vitality and strength, for me it was easier with Han than Nicole. I had like 75hp left when I met heaven boss before Valgar, than I got around 200hp I was just dancing around and let A.I do the job.

well, sitting on 200/200 now. did my hard run just now. i haven't tried using han, but i finished with hp and mp nearly maxed. using her x+y attack and not using the undead warrior to kill enemies through the first several levels helps. i was almost a 60 by the end. i continually pushed vit, int, ment, and luck. when you start fighting harder enemies, get between them and the edge of screen. if you use barrier (down, down+b), you will crush the heck out of them. killed valgar in the end in about a minute using this method.

btw, keeping the undead warrior in berserk in the later stages is a must.

the exiting out does work, but i did it before i actually died. in the last stage is when you will probably need to do it when taking the valgar route. just pause before your about to bite the big one then continue. i just now did it that way:woop:

that's very helpful. at least that way all your work won't be wasted if you get close to biting it.

I beat it on hard without losing a single life and with like 400hp. I played the original mode as han, then I suggest leveling up as much as you can in the first two or three levels so you can max out vitality. Also go the way where you get the blue sword and fight valgar, I think the path I used was 3 2 5 3 2. After vitality is maxed put the points on luck, block and dodge with LT and LB as much as you can but mostly just block and make the gold warrior freak out all the time as well, and if you try that enough i'm sure you'll get it eventually.

I beat it on hard without losing a single life and with like 400hp. I played the original mode as han, then I suggest leveling up as much as you can in the first two or three levels so you can max out vitality. Also go the way where you get the blue sword and fight valgar, I think the path I used was 3 2 5 3 2. After vitality is maxed put the points on luck, block and dodge with LT and LB as much as you can but mostly just block and make the gold warrior freak out all the time as well, and if you try that enough i'm sure you'll get it eventually.

This is pretty much the method you want to do if you're having trouble with this achievement. I did the exact same thing yesterday, and beat the game on hard first try without too much trouble. Just be careful against the Royal Purgers, don't let them corner you otherwise they will barrier spam you - so you'll want to try and dispose of them as quickly as possible, but making the most of stealing their healing pool when you can.

i never liked han, but for hard it was a breeze with him. you can get to at least the last stage warriror of light with no problem. but like it was said before, play it on original because on remix i could not get out of the hut without dying. there are way more aggressive and you earn levels faster on original. on remix for example im at level 9 coming out of the tavern. in original ima at almost 16 or 17. and take the path to get the sword.

This is pretty much the method you want to do if you're having trouble with this achievement. I did the exact same thing yesterday, and beat the game on hard first try without too much trouble. Just be careful against the Royal Purgers, don't let them corner you otherwise they will barrier spam you - so you'll want to try and dispose of them as quickly as possible, but making the most of stealing their healing pool when you can.

Those dang Royal Purgers are the only real speed bump along the way. I can't make it past them on the last stage - so frustrating! Any tips?

the best thing u can do is use the LB and LT to shift back and forth. and get your hits in, but let your undead soldier go beserk. block if you have to. if you lose too many hit points exit out and continue. the morons before the bosses are a lot tougher than they are trust me.

People who recommended doing 3, 2, 5, 3, 2 (Han) works like a charm. I just did it and got the achievement. Only part I had a lot of trouble was the last stage. The volcanoish level is tough too but I was managed to not quit and go back to the menu. The last one I had to do at least 3 times and finally got it. Close to dying to Vulgar ...... I was sweating bullets lol.

The best advice I can give you is just shift back and fourth, let the Guardian do all the work, and BLOCK! BLOCK! BLOCK! and more BLOCK! Blocking will be very helpful, just play smart, be patient, and you'll get the achievement.

All I'm missing is the Darkness 2 ending. I believe that's 200 Karma huh? Shit, I didn't even reach 100 karma on the first Darkness ending lol.

People who recommended doing 3, 2, 5, 3, 2 (Han) works like a charm. I just did it and got the achievement. Only part I had a lot of trouble was the last stage. The volcanoish level is tough too but I was managed to not quit and go back to the menu. The last one I had to do at least 3 times and finally got it. Close to dying to Vulgar ...... I was sweating bullets lol.

The best advice I can give you is just shift back and fourth, let the Guardian do all the work, and BLOCK! BLOCK! BLOCK! and more BLOCK! Blocking will be very helpful, just play smart, be patient, and you'll get the achievement.

All I'm missing is the Darkness 2 ending. I believe that's 200 Karma huh? Shit, I didn't even reach 100 karma on the first Darkness ending lol.

if you follow the route to stage 10 choices are in this thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335893

you'll get it with no problem. just overkill enemies along the way and take out as many villagers as you can. i remember taking a different route and ending up with like -4000 karma after i made a choice but can't remember which route it was. lol

the best thing u can do is use the LB and LT to shift back and forth. and get your hits in, but let your undead soldier go beserk. block if you have to. if you lose too many hit points exit out and continue. the morons before the bosses are a lot tougher than they are trust me.

I'll be giving it another go tonight. I already know I can take the rest of the stage without dying (as I've done it a few times), but I always kick the bucket during the first two encounters. Dang enemies using barrier and healing makes it rough. I'll just try to be more mobile in jumping between layers and hope that the Undead Hero can do all of the work. It seems like it takes him forever to kill those groups, though.

Thanks for the tips. If I can't get through the stage I may just try the Golden Silver route.

You can die, just quit and continue and you still get the achievement

I died once with my first attempt at hard with han when I got trapped by those soldiers that can do the barrier spell

2nd run I did without dieing to make myself feel better :)

Definately play on normal as opposed to remix

Easy way to gain levels is to repeatly spam the han burner whenever you have mana as you gain about 40exp per fireball you can gain about 7-8 levels in a playthrough, Go the sword route and let the undead warrior go beserk and just try and dodge the last bosses...

I'll be giving it another go tonight. I already know I can take the rest of the stage without dying (as I've done it a few times), but I always kick the bucket during the first two encounters. Dang enemies using barrier and healing makes it rough. I'll just try to be more mobile in jumping between layers and hope that the Undead Hero can do all of the work. It seems like it takes him forever to kill those groups, though.

Thanks for the tips. If I can't get through the stage I may just try the Golden Silver route.

If anybody is curious - I ended up making it through fairly easily after a couple attempts. I could always make it to Stage 28 without issues, but the dang barrier/healing enemies in the first two encounters always wrecked me. Turns out I was just playing a bit too defensively. The first time I went through with an aggressive outlook and tried to do more work than the Undead Hero I was able to make it through the stage with like 600HP left after the bosses. Such a blast. Going to try it with Nicole now for kicks.