Unlimited Power Nodes glitch Ch14 ***SPOILER ALERT****

jpric18

I accidentally backed tracked from a Save Station and found a Power Node room replenishing power nodes, ruby semiconductors, and credits.

**** SPOILER ALERT ******

*** UPDATE 2/1/2011 ***

Some have confirmed this works in other power node rooms, please see thread and youtube comments for more details.

When you first unlock this room on Ch. 14, you can collect the items (after step 1). I know I collected the items before saving at the Save Box in the guide.

Instead of exiting to the menu to reload the save point, some have confirmed you can choose "Restart Checkpoint" after saving.

*** END OF UPDATE ***

This was done on normal difficulty and the room that replenishes the items requires a power node for access.

The Save Station in the is located on Chapter 14 after the anti-gravity section. Shortly after sticking your eye with needle, you'll be chased by the necromorph that doesn't die. You'll eventually reach the anti-gravity section. After you pass the anti gravity section, you go through two doors and on your right will be a door requiring a power node for access. This is room that replenishing the items. You'll find the Save Station two more doors if you head left from that T intersection.

Steps (read description above to locate starting point):

1. Unlock the door with a power node. Title above door: 6: Secure Storage, Power Node Access Only ** UPDATE 2/1: You should be able to collect the items from this room **

2. Advance through two more doors to reach a Store, Bench, and Save Station.

3. Save at Save Station after the anti-gravity section on Chapter 14.

4. Reload the save point by quitting to main menu ** UPDATE 2/1: Alternative: Reload the save point by choosing "Restart Checkpoint" **

5. Back track to the anti-gravity area (most of time you can go directly to the room). Once you get back to the anti-gravity area, go back through the last two doors and go into the room on your right. This is the room that required a power node to open. Inside this room is where I find either 2 power nodes, 1 ruby semiconductor, and/or 3k credit.

6. Go back to Save Station and save the game.

7. Repeat steps 4-6

NOTE: if you start finding only credits in the room, try going all the way back to the switch in the antigravity area, then go to the room. Doing this has reset the 2 power nodes for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu1-nH7pA7g]YouTube - Dead space 2 Power Node Glitch[/ame]

Edited by jpric18

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only carries over in a new game + and you can only go as high as zealot in new game +. Hardcore you need to start from scratch

It figures that it wouldn't carry over to Hard Core! :biglaugh I guess then I will do my new game+ on Zealot.

I'm sure glad that they give you a little breather from the non-killable necromorph to do all of this.

EDIT: Well, it was fun while it lasted, everything was going fine, got up to 10 nodes and it doesn't give them to me anymore. I went back after I re-loaded the save and it only gave me credits. I did what you said, went back out to the platform and then went back in, and still no nodes. So I grabbed the money and went back to re-save and now, it only gives me credits.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, it's working for me again. I think that it works sporadically when you do it, at least for me it has. I hit continue instead of load game when it started working again.

Edited by Pearson

Thanks for posting that you hit continue, pearson! I was stuck getting a ton of credits, even went all the way across the antigravity to the start and still kept getting the creds. But continue instead of load popped it right back for me.

And thanks for the glitch jpric!

Hey! Been using this this evening to stock up for a harder level run, and I've got a few notes:

1) I've yet to have it get "stuck" on just giving cash. It always goes back to the better loot.

2) You don't have to quit out and load. Once you've saved your game, you can just use "Checkpoint Restart" and it will load that save, as it is your most recent save point. This saves a lot of time...

Great catch on finding this!