First DLC and Patch 1.020 Details

xhunterrrr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no release date. @DefianceGame was nice enough to tell me this:

Yes a release date is coming. We want to make sure the date is 100% set in stone before we announce it.

Also, I took the time to make a picture about how I feel regarding the Defiance DLC situation:

http://i.imgur.com/q3eCgEf.png

Edited by xhunterrrr

Worst part about this game is the planning. Companies who release season passes with, say 4 incoming DLC packs, have it all planned out all ready; every 3 months a DLC hits. This game has 5 packs for the first 'season' alone (just assuming season 2 DLC will start when season 2 of the TV show hits). So that leaves 11 months to release 5 packs which already, the first has taken 3, coming on 4 months.

Worst part about this game is the planning. Companies who release season passes with, say 4 incoming DLC packs, have it all planned out all ready; every 3 months a DLC hits. This game has 5 packs for the first 'season' alone (just assuming season 2 DLC will start when season 2 of the TV show hits). So that leaves 11 months to release 5 packs which already, the first has taken 3, coming on 4 months.

I'm sure they had it planned out. That is not the problem

The problem is that they apparently don't know how to program their game. Every time they try to fix something they break 5 other things. I can pretty much guarantee you that the problem with the DLC and its slow release has to do with programming issues and probably nothing else.

A bit of info on the DLC from Chris Lena:

Our first DLC is coming up and we will be revealing that release date soon…it will not be out this month. Fine, we will tell you that it will be in August but don’t’ tell anyone else. Ok? I know I can trust you. We did want to get this out sooner but we had some launch issues to care of first. We will get into more of that later. As a reminder, this DLC is all about the Castithan. There is the playable Castithan species, Charge Blades, Arena game modes, a new Story Mission line, and more! And don’t worry, we still have our planned total of 5 DLCs that we will be releasing throughout the first year of the game.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/23/dev-blog-castithan-charge-pack-and-the-future-of-defiance/

Did they fire the former Executive Producer and promote Lena?

So since there are no more Episodes to air this year (so no episodic contemt tie ins) and apparently no dlc until August (20th is the rumor now), is it safe to assume no new content for around a month? Guess I'll be moseying along to Bioshock Infinite now.

Did they fire the former Executive Producer and promote Lena?

So since there are no more Episodes to air this year (so no episodic contemt tie ins) and apparently no dlc until August (20th is the rumor now), is it safe to assume no new content for around a month? Guess I'll be moseying along to Bioshock Infinite now.

It would appear they did. Hopefully Lena will help get Trion's shit together and get things done (already like him more than whoever was the previous EP - he gave us a rough DLC release estimate and recognized what a clusterfuck this game has been so far!). The coming month or two will hopefully show he can actually get things done.

I would guess no new content. If anything, it will just be rewind content and bonus weekends.

• 2 weeks later...