How do you delete games from your gamerscore?

BirdDog Funk

I don't think you can, as far as I know as soon as you get one achievement you can't delete the game anymore so the achievement will be there forever.

Correct. You can only delete a game off your profile if you didn't get any achievements in it.

Or if you happen to get the achievement offline and haven't gone online with your profile, you can recover your account and it will delete it that way.

Correct. You can only delete a game off your profile if you didn't get any achievements in it.

Or if you happen to get the achievement offline and haven't gone online with your profile, you can recover your account and it will delete it that way.

A several years ago, you can able to delete it by put a game that you havent had a gamescore on it and the game you want to delete is right below of the first game you had 0 and delete it repeatly by asking you a same question twice. I forgot how to do it but you can't do it anymore since Microsoft updated it to prevent that glitch. It was a long time ago, though but that is illegal and an abusive way to do that, IMO. I don't know if it mentioned in TOS.

The only way you can do is leave it there, it will be stuck in your game list forever or play it to complete it 100%.

It sucks because I downloaded the arcade title "Game Room" and the first thing that happens when you open it is it gives you an achievement. I didn't like the game much at all and deleted it and am now stuck with a stupid gamerscore for a game I don't even own. Lol. I guess I'll be more careful in the future.

It sucks because I downloaded the arcade title "Game Room" and the first thing that happens when you open it is it gives you an achievement. I didn't like the game much at all and deleted it and am now stuck with a stupid gamerscore for a game I don't even own. Lol. I guess I'll be more careful in the future.

When Game Room first came out, that forum was full of angry people over that same thing. There is no doubt in my mind that Microsoft and Krome did that on purpose. You might be happy to know that Krome is now gone/shut down (and they deserve to be)...but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Microsoft is going to be continuing support of Game Room (I already have 1000/1000 but was waiting for Sunset Riders, and it never got released) :(

Well if it's game room, you might as well re-download it and milk it for as much Gamerscore without spending money, I think that's somewhere around ~120G. Atleast then you can add a bit more score...

I myself got up to 400G and had wasted too much MSP on that game already.

This is exactly why Microsoft needs to make it possible to delete the games, achievements, gamerscore and all, we no longer want. There are more than enough people that want to delete the ones they don't want, or can't get. I'm really sick and tired of Microsoft adding the things they think we want, when they never actually listen or pay attention to their fans or customers and give us what we actually want. XS

This is exactly why Microsoft needs to make it possible to delete the games, achievements, gamerscore and all, we no longer want. There are more than enough people that want to delete the ones they don't want, or can't get. I'm really sick and tired of Microsoft adding the things they think we want, when they never actually listen or pay attention to their fans or customers and give us what we actually want. XS

Of course, this begs the question... why would you even WANT to delete any earned achievements? Just to manipulate your achievement complete percentage?

Well, that's one reason. Think of it this way: why put a completion percentage on your total possible achievements or gamerscore, when it's impossible to attain 100%? The whole purpose of showing that data is to drive people to play games to full completion. Yet it so happens that it's impossible for some games, either from server closures, or glitched achievements, or company closures. So I think it's only fair that we can remove the info that makes that percentage impossible to achieve.

Another reason, one that's simpler, is that customers are asking for it to begin with. So it should be something Microsoft should apply, regardless of what the specific reasons are.

Also, it wouldn't cost all that much to implement; they already have the ability to remove gamerscore (granted, only if you're branded a cheater is your score ever changed, but that still makes it technically possible), so all they'd have to do is one of two things: one, make it acccesible to anyone on their 360 and make it password protected so that nobody but the individual user can access it; or, two, have each user send a request to Microsoft, and the Live team will make the changes, avoiding the possibility for screw ups or anyone accessing your data without your consent or knowledge.

I personally see no reason why this shouldn't be something we can use; I don't care about having a higher gamerscore - I care about having completed games, and since achievements are a part of many games now, having all the achievements is part of the requirement, for many people, to having a completed game.

The reason they don't do it is to stop all the extra work that would come along from people complaining that their flatmate/brother/friend deleted got onto their profile and their achievements.

So, they can take the second idea I gave above: have that person send a request to Microsoft to change the gamerscore accordingly. There are tons of ways they can control the security of each user, so honestly, the "my friend/significant other/sibling deleted my achievements" reason isn't perfectly valid; the only reason Microsoft would resort to saying "we can't do it because of that" is if their security is that terrible, which they would never want to admit, or give any information which could lead to people thinking that.

So, they can take the second idea I gave above: have that person send a request to Microsoft to change the gamerscore accordingly. There are tons of ways they can control the security of each user, so honestly, the "my friend/significant other/sibling deleted my achievements" reason isn't perfectly valid; the only reason Microsoft would resort to saying "we can't do it because of that" is if their security is that terrible, which they would never want to admit, or give any information which could lead to people thinking that.

Do you honestly think Microsoft would pay people to do that, get real.

The reason they don't do it is to stop all the extra work that would come along from people complaining that their flatmate/brother/friend deleted got onto their profile and their achievements.

more like they do not do it because they know that people have a need to finish their lists and they abuse it every way possible.

take dlc, i bet a lot of sales will be lost if they didnt come with achievements.

its half the reason achievements were made. to make us do things we wouldnt have ever done without them. its basic psychology. the same compulsion that keeps people paying for world of warcraft every month.