what to do when save file becomes corrupted

GamerinAug

I was playing dead island the night after the most recent patch was released and was kicked out of a friends game. When I tried to get back into the game, It froze on me. So I thought to myself, if I turn the console off and let I t cool down, it might fix the problem. I had been playin for 8hrs previous to this incedent. Well when I turned my xbox back on and got to the profile menu, my file had became corrupted and was not loadable. ( I was pissed!) Any suggestions? plz comment!

After I loaded the patch my previously corupted files where just fine.

We're discussing files that got corrupted post-patch.

Uggggghhhhh! I cleared the cache and nope, its still corrupted

Since your file wasn't corrupted before the patch, have you tried clearing your cache and playing offline without the patch? See if it loads, and if it does, the only think I could suggest would be to sell off everything Jin is holding for you and reduce your miscellaneous item inventory to 10 or less per item. But if your game got corrupted post-patch, it must be something unrelated to inventory levels, so I'm not optimistic about that working.

I couldn't get my corrupted save to work after patch. I just used chapter select and set it to ch. 18 and it started me at lvl 32 with all skill points waiting to be allocated. It set me back 9 lvls and cost me all my fully upgraded and modded weapons but it was way better than starting over.

Just an idea.

I couldn't get my corrupted save to work after patch. I just used chapter select and set it to ch. 18 and it started me at lvl 32 with all skill points waiting to be allocated. It set me back 9 lvls and cost me all my fully upgraded and modded weapons but it was way better than starting over.

Just an idea.

Well pre-patch (or with the patch erased) you can just start a new game from chapter 1 and use the thug glitch to get to level 50 quickly, then work your way through the game.