Gunman Clarification

iSaAc24

I just wanted to clarify the Gunman achievement, as many people think it is glitched or just have trouble unlocking it, so I will clear it up as much as possible.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1101/+9fMVQ==.jpgGunman25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngKill a dinosaur using each weapon.

As implied you must Kill a Dinosaur using each weapon. The kill does not count if you kill a scorpion with that certain weapon, such as a RPG.

A kill with the Plasma Rifle is not needed for the Gunman achievement to unlock.

If you completed the game and replay certain levels to kill a dinosaur with a certain weapon, you must complete the level for the kill to register correctly. So if you missed the 1855 Rifle in level 2, and also need to kill a dinosaur with an RPG,you must complete the 2nd level for it to count as a kill. And then, kill a dinosaur with the RPG, and the achievement will unlock. I hope that makes sense; if 2 weapon kills are needed, the kill will not register if you only kill a dinosaur with the 1855 Rifle and leave the level after a save point. The level must be completed, for it to count as a kill.

NOTICABLES:

1855 Rifle: 2nd Level, after the turret section, turn left towards the direction you came from, and there will be a red box with the 1855 Rifle inside.

Auto-Shotgun: 12th level, on the spacecraft where you acquire the "final piece". It kinda blends in, and some people including myself, missed it.

RPG: 10th level, after you reach a running heard of dinosaurs that try to trample you as they did to me, the first time I played this section :). Head the direction they were running and you will soon come across a box with the RPG inside of it.

I hope this helps those having trouble with the Gunman achievement. If it does not, let me know, and I will be glad to help.

Edited by iSaAc24

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is the complete list of weapons and the first level that you can find them in. Credit goes to ichris26.

.45 Pistol found in level 1 - Code: Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot

30-06 Assault Rifle level 1 - Code: Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot

Model 1855 Rifle level 2 - Far from Shore, Far from Home

9mm Automatic level 3 - Sinking Feeling

Grenades level 3 - Sinking Feeling

Shotgun level 3 - Sinking Feeling

5.56 Assault Rifle level 4 - Vortex Zero

.44 Magnum level 4 - Vortex Zero

Black Powder Rifle level 5 - Out of the Frying Pan

Crossbow level 6 - The Lost Castaways

Light Machine Gun level 7 - Rise Above

RPG level 10 - Special Delivery

ESD-P206 level 13 - The Final Piece

If you completed the game and replay certain levels to kill a dinosaur with a certain weapon, you must complete the level for the kill to register correctly.

I missed the 1855 too. Mid-game, I went back, replayed level 2, got the kill, and quit. Achievement didn't unlock at the end of the game. Went back to level 2 one more time, and as soon as I made the 1855 kill, the achievement unlocked - didn't need to finish the level.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...