PS3 Exclusives

Sanction

I don't know because it doesn't give you an option not to install it - you ahve to install it :(. But my guess is yes it does - but that seems to render the blu-ray disc pointless if it has to save stuff on the hard drive?

Good for movies though

Peace

That's the problem, and would be a perfect solution in my opinion. If they actually gave you a choice of whether you want to install the game and have quicker longer times, everybody would be happier surely. What if I run out of space on my HDD but a brand new shiny game comes out? I'm screwed then :mad:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the problem, and would be a perfect solution in my opinion. If they actually gave you a choice of whether you want to install the game and have quicker longer times, everybody would be happier surely. What if I run out of space on my HDD but a brand new shiny game comes out? I'm screwed then :mad:

That is a very good point actually! Never even thought of it that way. Sucks to have a 40 GB hard drive :(.

BTW, talking of hard drives (kinda keeping it on topic haha) - found this deal which i might be tempted at:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3516598/Western-Digital-Scorpio-WD3200BEVT-320GB-2-5-Internal-SATA-Hard-Drive/Product.html

seems like a sweet deal

Peace

Then you run into having to delete and reinstall games everytime you want to play them. Which completely destroys the speed advantage that installing should bring. It may well save a few seconds in the game but having to wait 20 mins to install each time ruins it.

I was sorely disapointed that I still need the GT5: P disc after installing it. I thought that as I had to install maybe it would be completely installed as if I had got it from the PSN, but its not it needs the disc to verify, which is fair enough as I could've given the game to someone else.

Then you run into having to delete and reinstall games everytime you want to play them. Which completely destroys the speed advantage that installing should bring. It may well save a few seconds in the game but having to wait 20 mins to install each time ruins it.

I was sorely disapointed that I still need the GT5: P disc after installing it. I thought that as I had to install maybe it would be completely installed as if I had got it from the PSN, but its not it needs the disc to verify, which is fair enough as I could've given the game to someone else.

Exactly. If that was the case, people would just rent games, install, and have the full game forever without paying the full retail price.

I'm planning on just buying a bigger hard-drive and swapping them out...like a 250GB or something..I have the 60 GB but already have almost 10 GB gone.

Was thinking about getting a 320gb hd and just fill it up. I have the 60gb as well Mothershed, and after taking all the demos off I still managed to use up 25gb. I only have 3 music cds in mp3 format, the rest is games.

Was thinking about getting a 320gb hd and just fill it up. I have the 60gb as well Mothershed, and after taking all the demos off I still managed to use up 25gb. I only have 3 music cds in mp3 format, the rest is games.

I saw a 720 GB hard-drive but that is just ridiculous, thought about it though but I want something that will fit into the original slot, and not sitting out beside it. I haven't downloaded any demos, it's all music for me.

It's just crazy, if they keep making these games with this install, it just doesn't make any sense....So far there are 4 games with it?

Devil May Cry

GTA

Gran Turismo

Metal Gear

I saw a 720 GB hard-drive but that is just ridiculous, thought about it though but I want something that will fit into the original slot, and not sitting out beside it. I haven't downloaded any demos, it's all music for me.

It's just crazy, if they keep making these games with this install, it just doesn't make any sense....So far there are 4 games with it?

Devil May Cry

GTA

Gran Turismo

Metal Gear

We could always go with 1TB.;) Try filling that thing up.

I looked at why my PS3 is almost half full I have my entire photo collection on my PS3. Almost 10gb worth. about another 10 in games and wallpapers and PSN games. and even tho it says 60gb its really what about 55gb to start with.

Hope they don't make all the bigger and better games with a mandatory install, I still don't see how GTAIV is going to take 85 minutes to install for 10gb. HotShots was about 5gb and it took about 4 or 5 minutes. Only plus side was in between holes there was no load times.

Haze is supposed to come out in May, I haven't read anywhere where it will be a full install, and hopefully it won't be.

I looked at why my PS3 is almost half full I have my entire photo collection on my PS3. Almost 10gb worth. about another 10 in games and wallpapers and PSN games. and even tho it says 60gb its really what about 55gb to start with.

Hope they don't make all the bigger and better games with a mandatory install, I still don't see how GTAIV is going to take 85 minutes to install for 10gb. HotShots was about 5gb and it took about 4 or 5 minutes. Only plus side was in between holes there was no load times.

Haze is supposed to come out in May, I haven't read anywhere where it will be a full install, and hopefully it won't be.

Ha yea...by time you fill it up Sony and Microsoft will be a joint corporation. :eek:

Yea it starts out at about 55-56. I don't see the reward of downloading it though, I mean whoop dee doo you don't have any loading times..Playing on PS2 GTA was only bad at starting the game, that took forever, but the loading times weren't go make a sandwich and come back.

So I hope they do something about it..

That GTA4 thing was a joke mate, there's not actually going to be a 10GB installation :p And doesn't every PS3 game take up space installing? Just some being more noticeable than others.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Move to "Currently out":

Buzz!: Quiz TV [2008]

Ferrari Challenge Pirelli Maranello

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue [2008]

Haze [2008]

LittleBigPlanet [2008]

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [2008]

Motorstorm 2 [2008]

Resistance: Fall of Man 2 [2008] (in america anyway)

SingStar [2008]

Singstar Volume 2

Things to change:

Killzone 2 [2008] - Killzone 2 (2009)

In the PSN section:

EchoChrome, Elefunk and Wipeout HD need to be moved from "Upcoming" to "Released".

That's all I can see, or know anyway. Hope that helps Jeff!

Move to "Currently out":

Buzz!: Quiz TV [2008]

Ferrari Challenge Pirelli Maranello

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue [2008]

Haze [2008]

LittleBigPlanet [2008]

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [2008]

Motorstorm 2 [2008]

Resistance: Fall of Man 2 [2008] (in america anyway)

SingStar [2008]

Singstar Volume 2

Things to change:

Killzone 2 [2008] - Killzone 2 (2009)

In the PSN section:

EchoChrome, Elefunk and Wipeout HD need to be moved from "Upcoming" to "Released".

That's all I can see, or know anyway. Hope that helps Jeff!

Got 'em, Bax. Thanks!:)

If you guys see anything that needs to be adjusted, please inform me.;)

• 1 month later...

Some new updates Sanction:

* Naruto PS3 title is entitled 'Naruto Ultimate Ninja: Storm' and it is a PS3 exclusive that is out now.

* Final Fantasy XIII was stolen by the 360, so thats not an exclusive anymore.

* Kingdom Hearts III is in the 90% range of being a ps3 exclusive. Its made by Square Enix so you never know, they might make it 360 for no apparent reason.

Only one of them is an update.

Final Fantasy XIII isn't on the list as an exclusive (but it should be in the "PlayStation 3 Exclusives Stolen by Xbox 360 [now on both consoles]" section).

Naruto is crap but you're correct that it's not on the list and should be.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is listed in the "Unknown Exclusive/Rumored Titles" section. 90% certainty on a game that hasn't even been announced is a bit of an over statement.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...