Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Auburok

just as an FYI, there are quite a few things that aren't in this guide... it's not wrong, just lacking full detail... such as ECM's being on nearly every map on Expert, not just Cayman Global maps... I haven't been willing to go through the entire guide to write a "guide update", but I think the writers didn't play enough of the game to find out all this stuff...

side note! this was not meant to knock the guide OR offend it's creator(s)!! *all* of it is very helpful!! just leans heavily to the "incomplete" side is all..

if you're looking for advice on the game, I'm your guy... well, I should be seeing as I've got the "honor" of most hours playing it on the 360...

not sure I should be proud or embarrassed... hahaha

EDIT: wow... I went back and read this and realized how full of myself this sounds... sheesh, I apologize... what I meant here is that I'm still quite active in the game and if anyone wanted clarification or challenge tips, I'm more than happy to field questions... not that I'm the foremost expert on the game! we've found out quite a few little tidbits of info that I've not seen here, or anywhere else for that matter, but we're still finding out things about this game...

my point was not to make the creators of this seem unskilled or lacking knowledge!!

now I'm gonna sit in the corner and finish my other foot... =)

You might not be familiar with character limits on this site, which is 10,000 per post. I hit the character limit for the original guide by 2,000 characters per post, give or take, and it took a lot of editing to get it down small enough to not only not be "TL;DR", but postable as well. Some information that wasn't descriptive getting cut. With the challenge guide that's separate on this forum, there's lot of additional info there.

After reshuffling the guide several times, it came out as descriptive as possible with the least amount of characters needed. If I can change what it says and still be under the limit, I will. My guide gets the job done for anyone wanting to finish the game quickly. If a player is having trouble getting 50 EMC kills and really needs a guide to explain to them where they are, chances are you need more help than a guide can provide. There's no exploration for the multiplayer portion of the game, so needing extremely descriptive locations for every point in the game is not as critical as say, a collectables guide.

Here's the intended use of the guide for the situation you've outlined:

"I'm missing liquid armor kills. Dang. I need 5 more. What level can I play that will definitely have them?"

"Liquid Armor Kills: 50

They show up in Cayman Global levels, but will be replaced in higher difficulties. Hard is probably the best balance of them. You might have to farm these, due to how uncommon they tend to be compared to reactives."

"Ah, no wonder I haven't finished this. I've only been playing on expert. Guess I'll do Cayman levels on hard."

You are welcome to write your own guide and post it; there's nothing wrong with that if you think you can provide more information in the same amount of space. I just left the bare essentials since I was almost about to eat up my reserved DLC post. In the event that DLC is for sure not coming (it sort of looks that way, doesn't it?) I might quickly run through each difficulty once again and expand the information once again. Edited by Auburok

oh, now I feel like an even bigger ass!! lol I didn't realize you had a space constraint...

I must say again that the info you've gathered here is all excellent... maybe if I can find the time, I can go through the whole thing to see if there are easier ways of getting some of those challenges/cheevos done and slip them in here at the end... as you are likely aware, I enjoy the use of words, lots and lots of words, I might be able to help rearrange things to keep that space issue from being a problem while still adding the info I have from playing the game for 15 days... yes, that's actual game time, not sure if I should be proud of that or not... lol

then again, I do have a few little "easter eggs", so to speak, that I'm not quite sure I want to share with everyone... corporate secrets, you understand... lol

bottom line, I do love the guide, I've directed several people to it to help them with certain things they were confused by... it's all good information and I apologize again for coming off the way I did in some of the previous posts... last thing I want to do is alienate the little community I've grown to enjoy... :drunk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, thanks for all the help this guide provided, and a big thanks to those talking about the stats reset malarky as the 4 of us in my syndicate all managed to avoid the reset by being vigilant.

I want to add a few things if I may

Gaggle of Guidance - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

I managed this in co-op, I think 2 of us were running though Argentina and there is the bit where you can pick up a swarm launcher from a locker on the wall, it's during and after the room with all the trees/plants. the room gets a 1-2 drones and then shortly after as you work your way up the building there's 2-3 more drones. my friend was as surprised as me when it popped.

Collectables, Little Black Book and deny everything

I had no issues with these thankfully, I didn't get them all in one run (first playthough on hard) then when going for achievement and collectable mop-up I used chapter select and never dropped below normal difficulty. so mixing difficulty setting isn't an issue unless the glitchy one is picking up some on easy as well.

CEO - 100 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

100% completion (level, research and challenges)

No issues with this (massive relief) I think Market has posted an "anti glitch guide" a few times, your best tips are, never join mid match and always check your stats before and after playing, I even snapped a photo of my stats and the end of every session so I could compare next time I loaded up. Don't know if it makes a difference but I never played outside of my syndicate either.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

here is the best way to get the Hurt Locker achievement. I'll be posting this everywhere on these forums too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xEpkgX-4YA]SYNDICATE the BEST technique for 'Hurt Locker' trophy achievement - YouTube[/ame]

• 3 years later...

I'll have an updated and better quality Hurt Locker video edited soon ;p for now here is an alternate way to get Gaggle of Guidance within the coop.

Edited by KBAN