Your favourite weapon?

Barad

What's your favourite weapon in Close Quarters?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite weapon in Close Quarters?

• AUG A3
    • SCAR-L
    • L86A2
    • LSAT
    • ACW-R
    • MTAR-21
    • M417
    • JNG-90
    • SPAS 12
    • M5K

That's right.

Mine would have to be the M5K overall, the thing is a beast. The AUG A3 & MTAR-21 come close too.

In terms of that overpowered M417, I don't really care for it seeing as the SKS is still better and I still prefer the 870 over the SPAS too. :)

Yours?

Edited by Barad

I like the AUG, ACR, L86, and M417. Although the biggest reason I like the M417 is because it is helping me get the sniper rifle medal alot faster. Before I started using it I only had about 12 ribbons, now I have 33. As for the others I named, they don't seem too different but like some have said they are different weapons to use.

I like the M-Tar and the MP5.

I do not like the SPAS, Scar-L or the ACR. Three of the Worst weapons in the game, Scar-L Especially.

The rest of the weapons are alright.

Really? IMO the ACW-R is probably the best carbine right now and the SPAS is amazing with slugs, also I'd say the MP5 is basically just like the M7 only not quite as good, I totally agree about the SCAR-L though (it does do well at medium to long ranges though).

Really? IMO the ACW-R is probably the best carbine right now and the SPAS is amazing with slugs, also I'd say the MP5 is basically just like the M7 only not quite as good, I totally agree about the SCAR-L though (it does do well at medium to long ranges though).

I suppose these issues(except the Spas) can all be boiled down to personal Preference.

Maybe I need to give the ACR another shot then. I got one Service star with it and moved on, I did alright in Close Quarters with it, but on any bigger map I just couldnt keep up with other weapons. As for being best Carbine, have you tried the MTar?

The Spas is hit and miss(literally) for me. I've fired(while aiming down the sights) multiple Shells(buckshot & flechette) into immobile(Laying prone, standing still) people and gotten Zero hit Signs. I've even fired a shell aimed directly at a dudes face from 2-3 feet(immediately on the other side of a concrete barricade I was using for cover) and he was at 4% health.

Other times I've killed people in one shot or killed people(at full health) from ridiculous ranges.

The Scar-L is just an absolute Joke. 30+ Bullets to kill almost anyone.

I agree the MP5 is similar to the MP7(they're the same Manufacturer after all). However the MP5 seems to do a little more damage and is more accurate, but has a smaller magazine and a slightly slower fire rate.

Edited by ZingZitang

Heh, you was doing pretty damn well yesterday with your SPAS slugs, the few times I killed you was either by flanking you or just plain luck.

I suppose these issues(except the Spas) can all be boiled down to personal Preference.

Maybe I need to give the ACR another shot then. I got one Service star with it and moved on, I did alright in Close Quarters with it, but on any bigger map I just couldnt keep up with other weapons. As for being best Carbine, have you tried the MTar?

The Spas is hit and miss(literally) for me. I've fired(while aiming down the sights) multiple Shells(buckshot & flechette) into immobile(Laying prone, standing still) people and gotten Zero hit Signs. I've even fired a shell aimed directly at a dudes face from 2-3 feet(immediately on the other side of a concrete barricade I was using for cover) and he was at 4% health.

Other times I've killed people in one shot or killed people(at full health) from ridiculous ranges.

The Scar-L is just an absolute Joke. 30+ Bullets to kill almost anyone.

I agree the MP5 is similar to the MP7(they're the same Manufacturer after all). However the MP5 seems to do a little more damage and is more accurate, but has a smaller magazine and a slightly slower fire rate.

I haven't really given the MTAR a proper try yet (just got 10 kills for the cheevo) but I plan to once I get 500 with the ACW. For me the low recoil of the ACW makes tagging people at long distances pretty easy (foregrip & HB) and the fast fire rate makes it pretty nasty in CQ (foregrip & suppressor), but as you say, it's all down to preference.

I've heard people talking about hit detection issues with the pump shotguns before, personally I don't really have that problem, but obviously if you can't hit things then it's gonna suck. I would however strongly recommend using slugs! They are by far the best ammo option for the pump guns IMO.

Heh, you was doing pretty damn well yesterday with your SPAS slugs, the few times I killed you was either by flanking you or just plain luck.

Yeah, I was in the "slug zone" for sure, I was getting some pretty hilarious hate mail.

Edited by gealt

I haven't really given the MTAR a proper try yet

. . .

I would however strongly recommend using slugs! They are by far the best ammo option for the pump guns IMO.

The MTar Kills people very quickly, but at the same time runs out of Ammo just as quickly. It has just a hair more recoil than the ACR - which I'll be giving another shot soon(along with slugs) - but it is pretty accurate. Its also very deadly when you hip fire it with a Laser Sight.

Edited by ZingZitang

I haven't really given the MTAR a proper try yet (just got 10 kills for the cheevo) but I plan to once I get 500 with the ACW. For me the low recoil of the ACW makes tagging people at long distances pretty easy (foregrip & HB) and the fast fire rate makes it pretty nasty in CQ (foregrip & suppressor), but as you say, it's all down to preference.

I've heard people talking about hit detection issues with the pump shotguns before, personally I don't really have that problem, but obviously if you can't hit things then it's gonna suck. I would however strongly recommend using slugs! They are by far the best ammo option for the pump guns IMO.

Yeah, I was in the "slug zone" for sure, I was getting some pretty hilarious hate mail.

Oh I can well imagine! Every time you killed me I was like "fucking gealt, again!":p

I've never tried slugs, only buckshot and flechette, I dont think my accuracy is high enough to risk it.:(

SPAS-12, hands down.

I already had 39 kills from picking it up off friends who got Premium before me. I unlocked it today...

Got a little carried away. Earned 2 service stars within an hour.

I loved the 870 but now...the SPAS is back! :D

NO! :p

I don't know why, but it just doesn't do it for me, I still prefer the 870! :drunk

Using the SPAS is liking making love to a beautiful lady. You gotta know what you're doing ;)

And using the mk5.... you spray everywhere and it doesn't last nearly long enough before you have to "reload"

Edited by Sickside85

• 2 weeks later...