x360a Guide Collection + Glitch List

Untitled Agent

looking over all the threads so far, we have a bunch of useful guides, all scattered across different pages and unneccesarily difficult to find if anyone's looking for them (just look at how many threads there is asking the same questions, despite having guides around that should answer those questions). so i figure having one place with links to all the guides should be helpful. the guides are grouped by type (achievements, crowns etc), with a list of known glitches (both good and bad) at the bottom of the post.

Achievements

Untitled Agent- Alternate Achievement Guide

Wilmo X- Achievement Guide and Road Map

Crowns

Echtzeit- Crown Guide

NS Jim MenaMan- Crowning Glory Video Guides

Challenges

XxhellishjxX- Perfect Dark Starter's Guide

Firing Range

Caramel Cardinal- Firing Range Medals and Tools of the Trade Achievement Guide

Untitled Agent- Firing Range Guide

Leaderboard

Firelyte Stone- Leaderboard Score Guide

Currently Known Glitches

- Defection noclip

it's possible to complete mission 1.1 in ~6 seconds (agent only) by dropping on the first guards head/the first door, crouching and falling through the building (videos on youtube). much less useful on special/perfect unless completing objectives in a different order to normal.

- Invisible Mines

throw a mine on an ammo box then collect the ammo- the mine will disappear (best used for proxy mine traps)

- Firing Range Laptop Sentry

a sentry can be thrown out just before starting weapons challenges, this can make a lot of the challenges ridiculously easy (and can make others impossible)

- Prime Target

despite what the description says, obtaining any 29 stars will unlock the achievement, usually the next time the game is booted (you can earn up to 4 stars on each challenge, based on the number of people the challenge is completed with)

- Slayer Dummy Rockets

fly by wire rockets consistantly don't explode ~20% of the time, whether manually detonated or crashed into a target - seems to be fixed in TU2

- Devastator Wall Huggers

greandes from the wall hugger secondary mode occasionally don't explode

- Tools of the Trade

sometimes the achievement doesn't unlock due to progression not saving properly (as seen in the 50000 other threads on the subject) - should be less common post TU2

- Combat Simulator Stats

for some people, stat tracking stops working and nothing is tracked in simulator games

- Difficulty Completion Bugs

very occasionally difficulty achievements don't unlock after completing all levels on a difficulty (however most cases where people think they have this glitch, they've just forgotten levels that were completed on higher difficulties)

- Laptop Sentry

the sentry will only use 100 bullets, instead of the intended 200 - fixed in TU2

- Crowns

some crowns will 'unlock' on other missions, despite already previously being unlocked properly

Edited by Untitled Agent

Prime Target (despite what the description says, obtaining any 29 stars will unlock the achievement, usually the next time the game is booted)

So does that mean I can get the stars for Challenge 1 with 1 player, 2 players, 3 and 4 and it counts 4 times? Or I have to beat 29 different challenges, which there's 30 and 30 is harder than 29. I'm hoping you mean 4 times on 1 challenge

Prime Target (despite what the description says, obtaining any 29 stars will unlock the achievement, usually the next time the game is booted)

So does that mean I can get the stars for Challenge 1 with 1 player, 2 players, 3 and 4 and it counts 4 times? Or I have to beat 29 different challenges, which there's 30 and 30 is harder than 29. I'm hoping you mean 4 times on 1 challenge

That's correct. Just shut off and restart the game and it should unlock.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the Double 64 (as has someone in one of the PD comments for an article on it at this site), complete a co-op mission, and (obviously) Tools of the Trade cheevos glitch on me. Not tried counter-ops yet so not sure whether it's glitched for me.

Pretty pathetic really, lucky for me that they're just achievements.

As long as this is brought back to the top, might as well point out a couple glitchs I've found that'll hopefully be resolved with the next update:

1) Area 51: Rescue, just once, when Jonathan normally makes a run for the consoles at the end to let the UFO escape, the danger music never played. Jonathan proceeded as normally, but enemies didn't appear and I couldn't activate the consoles myself, as if the even never started. Level still finished as normal, though, but ruined my good time. =(

2) Attack Ship, several times now, the skedar that attack while you attempt to hold the bridge will occasionally fail to spawn, to the point where the music will go back to normal. Doors remain locked for about a minute before one might unlock in order for the player to open it up and find a couple skedar running in place, oblivious. Ruined several speed run attempts. =(

I've had the Double 64 (as has someone in one of the PD comments for an article on it at this site), complete a co-op mission, and (obviously) Tools of the Trade cheevos glitch on me. Not tried counter-ops yet so not sure whether it's glitched for me.

Pretty pathetic really, lucky for me that they're just achievements.

were you trying to use the laptop sentry for double 64? those kills dont count towards the achieve at all (seriously, i did a first to 130 kills game using just sentries on an alt account and nothing).

As long as this is brought back to the top, might as well point out a couple glitchs I've found that'll hopefully be resolved with the next update:

1) Area 51: Rescue, just once, when Jonathan normally makes a run for the consoles at the end to let the UFO escape, the danger music never played. Jonathan proceeded as normally, but enemies didn't appear and I couldn't activate the consoles myself, as if the even never started. Level still finished as normal, though, but ruined my good time. =(

2) Attack Ship, several times now, the skedar that attack while you attempt to hold the bridge will occasionally fail to spawn, to the point where the music will go back to normal. Doors remain locked for about a minute before one might unlock in order for the player to open it up and find a couple skedar running in place, oblivious. Ruined several speed run attempts. =(

i've had both of those too, pretty annoying. i'm wondering when we're getting the patch, it is basically the end of the month now.

The theme award is almost definitely glitched for me too.

Such a broken game.

-1 for the bugs, another -1 for the combined infuriation of lag and no checkpoints in single player.

7/10 at most. Can't wait till I'm done with this.

Such a broken game.

-1 for the bugs, another -1 for the combined infuriation of lag and no checkpoints in single player.

The game never had checkpoints in single player on the N64 and I'm glad they didn't put it in this remake.

• 3 weeks later...

Just like to confirm that both co-op achievements seem to be glitched. Did both of them with my bro last night, offline in splitscreen and neither of them unlocked!!

Maybe be an issue with not being connected to live????

Anyone else had this problem?

Just like to confirm that both co-op achievements seem to be glitched. Did both of them with my bro last night, offline in splitscreen and neither of them unlocked!!

Maybe be an issue with not being connected to live????

Anyone else had this problem?

did you do the whole mission (as in all parts of the mission, eg 1.1/1.2/1.3)? it's fastest to do something like carrington villa, since there's only one level. unless they've changed it in the update, the counter op one only unlocks for whoever is playing as joanna, and only when the mission is completed succesfully.

edit: turns out they have changed it in the update, the counter op one unlocks for both players once a full mission is played through now without having to switch roles.

Edited by Untitled Agent

did you do the whole mission (as in all parts of the mission, eg 1.1/1.2/1.3)? it's fastest to do something like carrington villa, since there's only one level. unless they've changed it in the update, the counter op one only unlocks for whoever is playing as joanna, and only when the mission is completed succesfully.

This. Me and my brother did the same thing and were like WTF where's the achievement but it literally means one mission as in how the levels are split up into missions on the level select screen.

Such a broken game.

The game really doesn't need checkpoints, or it wouldn't be as hard, and it would make speed running too easy.

Also, in G5, don't quite go into the room with the camspy, then go run up to the safe room, place the debugger, then switch to the campsy and fly into the room. Wait out the alarm for about 15 seconds after it stops and the safe should open without wasting any time on the clock

Ok so I tried doing the challenge trick and I have about 33 stars all together and still nothing. I cleared out my cache and have to play offline because I figured the update fixed it. I've rebooted my xbox a few times and still nothing. Did the update fix it and how many updates have there been?

Ok so I tried doing the challenge trick and I have about 33 stars all together and still nothing. I cleared out my cache and have to play offline because I figured the update fixed it. I've rebooted my xbox a few times and still nothing. Did the update fix it and how many updates have there been?

afaik it wasn't changed in the patch, try playing with it online. so far there's been 2 updates, one on release, the second a few weeks ago.