GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

Thanks a ton for this! I believe the 2 of you did the Halo 4 boosting with DLC with me :p haha

Anyways...question! I am at like 34% in the game doing pretty much only missions. Did I fuck up those 2 miss-able achievements? I really hope not...if I didnt yet, how can I make sure I get them done ASAP :(

Also, for the Missions, Stranger/Freaks and Hobbies/Past Times...do I have this right: Missions are obvious, Strangers/Freaks are the Question Marks....what are Hobbies/Past Times??

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol dude it's not my fault Franklin is poor as shit and no opportunities are coming his way.

For "All's Fare in Love and War", you should mention that to complete a private fare, you'll receive a call on Franklin's phone sometime after buying the company to do the private fare mission. Just got it myself, the call came about 3 days later though.

Will add this in now! Thanks, bud.

I bought the Limited Edition Strategy guide. It says "Guide for 100% completion" - But Strangers and Freaks are not included, yet they are required for 100% completion?

There's confusion between the Strat. Guide (I'm using that as well) and Rockstar's Social Club website. I believe the Stranger and Freaks missions do count, I just don't know how many.

Thanks a ton for this! I believe the 2 of you did the Halo 4 boosting with DLC with me :p haha

Anyways...question! I am at like 34% in the game doing pretty much only missions. Did I fuck up those 2 miss-able achievements? I really hope not...if I didnt yet, how can I make sure I get them done ASAP :(

Also, for the Missions, Stranger/Freaks and Hobbies/Past Times...do I have this right: Missions are obvious, Strangers/Freaks are the Question Marks....what are Hobbies/Past Times??

Nah, you'll be fine. For the Altruistic Cult, there's about 4 opportunities when you pick up hitchhikers to get that done. For the Bail Bond achievement, there's about 5 or more that Maude gives you so you have a couple opportunities there as well.

I've just noticed this now that a few random events have popped up. Worth noting that as well as the blue/red dot, just as the event pops up on your mini-map, the whole square flashes white.

So it's kind of another signal to tell you that something is near by that you need to investigate.

I'll add this in, but I didn't even notice this myself! How unobservant of me.

am i missing something with los Santos customs? I bought something in each category on two cars?

People are reporting this to be a bit odd in unlocking. I'm not sure if the license plate and paint job counts, but try those.

I am going for this achievement myself soon. If I find out what the problem is I will note it here.

am i missing something with los Santos customs? I bought something in each category on two cars?

People are reporting this to be a bit odd in unlocking. I'm not sure if the license plate and paint job counts, but try those.

I am going for this achievement myself soon. If I find out what the problem is I will note it here.

I just got this to unlock. You need to buy a primary & secondary paint job and a paint job for your wheels and tint.

I'll try and get it tonight and see if I can try different things until it unlocks and will report back here with my info...unless someone else does this before me

As long as you bring any random encounter to the cannibals Altruist Acolyte will pop.

I got Trevor and completed his very first mission, then saw a blue dot (random encounter). It was a drunk couple asking me to take them to their motel so they could have sex. Instead of taking them to the hotel I took them to the cannibal camp and the achievement popped.

As long as you bring any random encounter to the cannibals Altruist Acolyte will pop.

I got Trevor and completed his very first mission, then saw a blue dot (random encounter). It was a drunk couple asking me to take them to their motel so they could have sex. Instead of taking them to the hotel I took them to the cannibal camp and the achievement popped.

Hmm, really? Alright, let me change up the achievement description then. Thanks for confirmation, man.

Hmm, really? Alright, let me change up the achievement description then. Thanks for confirmation, man.

no problem. also wanted to add that the Altruist Acolyte symbol did pop up as soon as I picked them up.

Not sure, but this could also make it less missable? I assume the random encounters would keep popping up even after the story is finished?

Guide is looking good! Currently installing the second disc to my new USB flash drive and then I get to play some more GTA V.

YAY!!!!

no problem. also wanted to add that the Altruist Acolyte symbol did pop up as soon as I picked them up.

Not sure, but this could also make it less missable? I assume the random encounters would keep popping up even after the story is finished?

Oh okay, so as long as Ron has emailed you about the Altruist Camp, whoever gets into your car will trigger the Camp symbol on the map then?

If this is the case, the achievement might not be missable, but I'm not sure. Because the Strategy Guide says there are only 4 "Hitch Lift" encounters and 2 "Drunk Driver" encounters. So that means maybe you only have 6 times to try to get it?

YAY!!!!

Oh okay, so as long as Ron has emailed you about the Altruist Camp, whoever gets into your car will trigger the Camp symbol on the map then?

If this is the case, the achievement might not be missable, but I'm not sure. Because the Strategy Guide says there are only 4 "Hitch Lift" encounters and 2 "Drunk Driver" encounters. So that means maybe you only have 6 times to try to get it?

He emailed me as soon as I picked them up, I guess just picking them up triggers the email, waiting around might not be the trigger (if that makes any sense?) I've only had the 1 random encounter, so I can't say how many there are and if they repeat or are limited. I would suggest anyone going for it just take their first Trevor random encounter to the camp and they'll be fine.

He emailed me as soon as I picked them up, I guess just picking them up triggers the email, waiting around might not be the trigger (if that makes any sense?) I've only had the 1 random encounter, so I can't say how many there are and if they repeat or are limited. I would suggest anyone going for it just take their first Trevor random encounter to the camp and they'll be fine.

Yeah, you're right about the triggering concept. I think there are only those 6 encounter where you're allowed to drive people and I don't think random encounters appear once you finish them. So I'll leave it as missable but people should know to get it done within those 6 encounters!

Just to double confirm this. You have to buy 1 of everything. This includes primary/secondary paints and anything that has more than one options; e.g. wheels.

One of everything possible to buy, exit LSC garage and pop!

With 'Three Man Army', I also found there are times you won't be able to do it. When I went for it, I was playing as Michael and just talked to Franklin, and when I called up Trevor to hang and then Franklin, the latter stated that we should focus on something else right now. Perhaps you have to wait until after all three meet as one? I'm not sure.

Also, with 'Trading Pure Alpha,' if you don't want to risk your money, there's a random event where a man's car has broken down and he needs you to rush him to the airport. When you get there, he will tell you to buy certain stocks because you're guaranteed to make money. It seems guaranteed that this will 100% net you some cash, though it isn't a big risk otherwise. Hope this helps anyone having troubles.

Also, with 'Trading Pure Alpha,' if you don't want to risk your money, there's a random event where a man's car has broken down and he needs you to rush him to the airport. When you get there, he will tell you to buy certain stocks because you're guaranteed to make money. It seems guaranteed that this will 100% net you some cash, though it isn't a big risk otherwise. Hope this helps anyone having troubles.

Also all the assassination missions will change the stock market. The easiest to remember is the Redwood Cigarettes one. Just invest in the other cigarette company.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap