Rate the last game you played...

Mr Bungle

Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons - 9/10

Picked it up awhile back (first time it went on sale) finally got around to playing it, What a good game it is.

Wonder how many people stopped playing after they got all the achievements and didn't see the story out..?

I stopped after the last one popped for me. Controls hacked me right off.

Anyway, Dead Island Riptide.

Graphics: Not the best in the world for the people, as they use the same few skins and have the same big eyed cardboard look. The zombie/infected/mutants, are all looking the same too. Well, after U club them to death at least. I do like the flooded jungle/swamp/shanty town on the first map.

Sound: Eerie menu music works well. The noise from an incoming infected is never nice, but at least they will never go ninja on you. The slushy splat as you take off a head is very satisfying, but not as much as when you stamp their heads into the floor.

Playability: I am using Sam B. Slow and clunky when trying to strafe during an attack from the horde. Not to easy and you die a lot. Losing cash when you die is pretty odd, as its like being mugged by the undead. Swinging any weapon at the infected, then seeing them waltz right through it and grabbing you is annoying, but a quick QTE later and they taste fist, so not all bad.

Game world: Pretty big, and easy to navigate with the map if you get list. Plenty of open world fun, and its my sort of game for that reason aside from it having zombies. Plenty to loot as well across the huge landscape.

Achievements: Only 35, and just 2 related to online co op. So that's not bad going. There are 3 worth 90g and 1 worth 100g. So that's a large chunk of Gs just for them 4 achievements. Aside from them, its most story related or collectables. So despite needing a decent amount of hours invested, its good for a huge chunk if not all 1000g in 1 play through.

Overall, its not perfect. But its an open world zombie apocalypse. So despite its shortfalls, it really is a good game. Not great, but good. Just doesn't feel polished, and the new character is a wee bit lame. Something tells me that this game is going to be much better with friends. I will score this game a healthy 7/10. Could do better Techland.

Pool Nation - 7/10

It's a well made arcade game that is a challenging pool simulation. The Endurance mode is very difficult which makes completing all the achievements nearly impossible.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds - 1/10

I've played a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh games on the DS, Gamecube and original Xbox and this is by far the worst I've ever seen. You get a brief qualifying tournament followed by a more difficult full tournament. If you lose you go back to the start to try again. And if you win... you go back to the start to try again. It has no feeling of getting anything done. Plus, the online achievements take a long time so it's best to just avoid this game.

Dark Souls II 10/10. I have about 16/17 hours game time so far. Such a good game. I can barely put it down. Gorgeous world, same great combat, hard as fuck, and great bosses.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds - 1/10

I've played a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh games on the DS, Gamecube and original Xbox and this is by far the worst I've ever seen. You get a brief qualifying tournament followed by a more difficult full tournament. If you lose you go back to the start to try again. And if you win... you go back to the start to try again. It has no feeling of getting anything done. Plus, the online achievements take a long time so it's best to just avoid this game.

I thought this game was really fun, lacking but fun. If you think you're gonna lose in the tournament, just quit the match and it will keep you on that opponent.

I thought this game was really fun, lacking but fun. If you think you're gonna lose in the tournament, just quit the match and it will keep you on that opponent.

It is fun, but I just found the lack of content to make it feel redundant very quickly. The longer you spend playing it the more boring it becomes. Maybe I'm just spoiled from the variety in the DS games and having played the real TCG. Nice Dark Magician sig, by the way. And thanks for the tip for the tournament. :)

Rocksmith I give it a 9.5/10. guitar hero and rockband got me into real guitar cause after you master expert what else is there to do. Real instruments. Were Rockband 3 pro mode failed with its hard to see chart and poorly made solo chart. And Power gig rise of the six string failed with its joke of a guitar and rock revolution knock off Gameplay Rocksmith passed.

I love how the chart is easy to see it takes up 50% of the screen. It uses a simple tab system which is great. I've been playing guitar since I was 16 about five years ago yet I can't read most tabs. this game makes it easy to understand. there is no fail mode and I love the choice of either single note or choard note system. It is easier to play vasoline by stp in this game on real guitar yet challenging in rockband cause their solo charts have always sucked. whether you are a beginner or intermediate or a guitar master you can learn something new in this game.

This game taught me how to play High and dry by my favorite band Radiohead. Vasoline by stp. some rolling stones songs and Were is my mind by The Pixies. Yet there is tons more to learn. I made my cover of high and dry because of this game that's awesome. But the setlist is a little disappointing. Too much mainstream stuff like Kings of Leon but Atleast it tries to appeal to a wide audience rather then be half rock and half metal so I applaud the devs for trying.

BUT what really annoys me is even with calibration for my tv there still is that at some parts the game is telling me I'm on the wrong fret even though I know I'm on the right fret so the game registers that I made a mistake.

another problem is the achiviements. They are dumb. most are for high scores in the boring mini games called Guitarcade. The dlc for the bass guitar is 25$ yeah that's stupid I don't have a bass and am not gonna play my guitar like a bass that's stupid. the devs should have made the achiviements like Avatar were its like 1000 gs for 5 simple achiviements lol. I don't plan on ever 100%ing this game nor do I care it's a great game. It will only appeal to a certain crowd but if you love guitar and or bass get this game.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

I didn't expect much from the game, but the difficulty of pro is annoying. Completions aren't important to me and you can get about 900 gs using the game cheats.

Legitimate in-game cheats put there by the developer. Oh, I miss them.

Edited by Dirty130

Half-Life 2: Episode 2- 7/10

After loving Episode 1 so much, I was disappointed in this one. Episode 1 was short and to the point, this one just seemed to drag on like the original although it was short. The story was better in Episode 2, though, and the game looked really good, as well. There were a few moments where it starts off pretty fun, then it just becomes repetitive and frustrating. The ending is kinda disappointing and really made me think that after so long HL3 is pretty unnecessary. Episode 2 is just a little overrated IMO and I'm just glad that it's all over.

Dark Souls II - 9/10.

Having immense fun with the game right now. Also started invading people and my bro Lightning Spear is sweeping the floor with people. Although there are many more bosses this time around some of them are a tad too easy. The main boss in Heide's Tower of Flame never even damaged me, that should not happen in a Souls game.

Dungeon Defenders (a.k.a. one of March's Games For Gold): 7/10

Though I do find the RPG/Tower Defense hybrid gameplay interesting, I didn't find it as fun as, say, Toy Soldiers: Cold War or Defense Grid. The controls take a little getting used to, and solo play is a drag (this game was clearly made with co-op in mind). It's still a decent-enough game, but not one I find myself playing very often.

Battlefield 4

Singleplayer: 6.5/10

Multiplayer: 8/10 (at this time)

[spoiler=originalgripes]

I've enjoyed my few hours with it so far in MP. The campaign is your standard forgettable run down a hallway and shoot shit but otherwise kills a few hours too. I did enjoy it more than BF3's campaign which was a snooze fest to me. Though even on Hard, with the M82A3 it's a joke for challenge so far.

The MP is a hoot like any BF game but still, I completely agree with BRE4D, it just doesn't have the same "je ne sais quios" of BF3 at this point in time and it's in need of some growing pains.

My two favourite things in BF3 which made it so psychotically fun was the knifing and sniping. Both of which have been dumbed down and they've lost their... shall we say nuances. There's no artistry to either anymore.

I do enjoy being able to "counter" a knifing when the chance arises. That took me by surprise when I could RT a guy trying to tag me and was rewarded with his tags in return :dance: Did not know that was an option.

Also enjoy that they in a way tried to recapture some of the BC2 feel a bit. But it's just not BC2.

Battlefield is still my MP of choice, I don't play competitive PvP in any other game after years of BS and frustration in other franchises. But BF4 still doesn't have the magic that BF3 does.

So I've got an update now that I've finally gone back to it to finish the job.

Campaign: 5/10

MP: 6/10

Achievement progress: 42 of 57, 1000GS on main game, eff DLC for now.

Favourite Achievement: meh but I'll go with "Turn Around" for getting 5 knifings in MP being the knifing ho I am

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2435/38.jpg

Least Favourite Achievement: the entire goddamn game but Full Arsenal is the worst glitchy pos in the whole thing

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2435/8.jpg

First things first. Being a complete noob I learned the hard way that XP boosts don't take effect the moment you unlock them. You have to "use" them from the in-game menu or some such thing. (Thanks to Violet Eagle for pointing that out). So I was playing without any boosters prolonging the agony.

Once those were in place getting to level 25 was easy especially with a 200% booster I got in a gold pack. For a while, was actually having some fun with it. I'd found my class setup (recon as usual) with of all things, the weapons I simply did not like in BF3: the semi-auto snipers. Here known as DMR's.

Slap a suppressor, decent grip and a decent scope and I was good to go and plowing through entire squads on my own since other random players in my squads tend to lean towards clueless hapless cannon fodder. Paired with my trusty pet rock named TUGS, and capping flags in conquest was easy.

Sniping still not that fun. Knifing... I learned to enjoy it and love how people don't listen to their surroundings at all.

Modes Played:

Metric Shit ton of Conquest.

Rush: still don't like it that much.

TDM: still hate it that much.

other modes not explored.

Maps I enjoy: honest, all of them are decent except Rogue Transmission. It's fecking awful.

So yah, there was some fun to be had once landing a setup I could roll with. But literally.... once the achievement for level 25 unlocked my initiative in the game went from Yah ok this is pretty fun to oh fuck finally, get me out of here almost instantly. Finished the match and haven't gone back to it. Don't know if I will.

With that out of the way and removing the threat of the MP glitch fucking up my campaign progress again, and again (even if they've patched it I don't care, wasn't risking it) I dove into the campaign again. Replayed on Hard right away and with a guide for weapons and dogtags. And magically missed a few weapons from enemies, even having picked them up, seen them on the top of my screen, hit a checkpoint and ... voila!!! They're not there in a crate for me and are still counted as missing.

I had to repeat the start of the Tashgar level 3 times for the A-91 because it wasn't registering even after going a few checkpoints PAST where you pick it up. Even while using it through the level. Sweet fuck this game is agonizingly tedious.

So the last thing I needed was the ending dogtags. So in doing the remaining endings which is incredibly tedious even as short as the level is... they did not unlock the achievement for assignments and weapons. End credits. Still nothing. Back to main menu. Still nothing. Load up another level chosen at random.... ping! Unlocked at the start of the cut scene that kicks the level off. Joy.

So in repeating levels and replaying the already boring once campaign in full start to finish, I probably played this thing 3-4 times and it was not enjoyable enough to warrant it.

All in all if you don't care or haven't played BF3, the game can be fun. But the bar was set pretty high on this one and it fell far too short. It just wasn't the engrossing experience one is looking for in an MP you can sink hours into and the campaign is forgettable after the first time.

Now back to Battlefield 3 for me where I can get my stabby stabby back on proper.

Infamous 2 on nephews PS3

10/10

Introduction- You play as Cole Mgrath the main character from the first Infamous. In the first Infamous Cole was a drug runner and a package he was delivering had a bomb hidden inside it and blew up half of Empire City. Cole survived and acquired electricity powers. At first just like many of the X Men Cole had trouble controlling his powers. He was using too much at one time draining him. Over time little by little he learns to control them. As the events of Infamous played out Cole had to face tough choices and by the end over powerd the bad guy Kesseler. Out of no were that blew my mind a ''Would you kindly moment'' x 10 happened. Cole realizes that Kesseler was preparing him for a far worse enemy something called ''The Beast''. Now even maxed out Cole must become even more powerful to take on his greatest enemy and Humanity's greatest threat.

Graphics-Even better then the first. I loved how everything looked so smooth and not as grainy as the first one. The devs really did a good job here.

Sounds-I loved everything except I was sad about Cole's voice. I hated how the orginal voice actor could not come back. But the new actor did a pretty good job and glad Zeke's voice actor came back on board.

Gameplay-Infamous is all about choices that takes inspiration from X Men and Spiderman. Are you going to be good or evil. The choices are great even better this time. Are you going to disarm the bomb about to blow up a bystander or kill an innocent for his blast shard. Are you going to be feared and hated like a tyrant or loved and respected like well a hero. Cole's character is believable either way. Half of the people hate him and the other half loves him. So the writers take inspiration on Marvel's Xmen and Spiderman. I love how at the start of the game I'm maxed out and I love learning new powers like throwing Cyclones 3 blasts at once. 5 energy grenades at once. I love the new melee weapon. It makes melee fights even more awesome. The missions are much more varied and the side activities are as addictive as ever.

Final verdict- If you loved the first Infamous then you will love this one. The devs took a long look at the first game and recognized it's small faults. They completely fixed them and added even more variety. Infamous 2 is the best PS3 game I've ever played and is my 2011 GOTY PS3 exclusive.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - Xbox360 - 9/10

http://cdn.gamerheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mgs5-300x200.jpg

So I'm not going to say much, because not a lot needs to be said. The game is stellar. The updated control scheme, once used to it, is a very welcome inclusion. Graphically great for the 360 version. Familiar and new sounds are all bang on with the exception of Kiefer's voice. That is going to take a while longer for my ears to accept. My only other gripe is Alert Phases don't feel as intense as previous MGS games.

As for people that want to go on about the length. After 5 hours of play I have 20% in-game completion and 350G without looking for any collectibles. Speaking of collectibles, there aren't many. And I like that.

If this is truly just a taste of The Phantom Pain, we're going to be in for something so special, I think it will take many gamers by surprise come it's release.

Buy it. Rent it. Stealth knockout your neighbour for his copy. Just be sure to play it! Hopefully my One version turns up today.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - 8/10

Really enjoyed the game, felt like I was playing an actual episode. Hopefully they'll actually make a sequel to this game sometime down the road.

I did run into a glitch at one point where the loading screen wouldn't go away, even though it wasn't loading anymore. Otherwise than that, there were no problems with the game.