My Cybernetic Slug Commando Build Guide - As Requested By You

Dstrukt

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a general question, do you use the elite armors for your commando and zerker?

I have a human zerker, and I was gonna build up a commando like, but it sounds like you're using aesir armors socketing all red runes. I'd have a big problem finding those, as I haven't found any of the zerker gear or aesir armor..

On the whole, the elite set armor for all the classes are pretty bad. You do not necessarily need a complete set of Aesir armor socketed with red runes to achieve high damage and efficiency. Orange runes will work just fine.

Utilize the Altruist pieces and buy armor that has 2 purple runes in them and 2 open sockets (Human characters enjoy greater customization with 3 open sockets and 1 purple rune). If those purple runes apply to your class, even better. As an example, I used a Level 50 Sealed Grim-Helm with 2 purple runes for a huge chunk of my character's lifespan. Luckily for me, those 2 purple runes were health +9% and cannon damage +9%. I proceeded to socket 2 orange +5% cannon range runes into the remaining slots. It was the last piece of armor that I switched during my gradual transition to Aesir armor and red runes.

As for my berserker, only my shoulder pads are Aesir and socketed with red runes. The rest of my armor is orange. I'm working on changing that in the coming weeks though. My Commando is still using 3/4 pieces of the Altruist set (armor, pants, gloves all socketed with red runes) because the extra slot on each piece is much more valuable than the extra 21 armor from the Aesir armor. Besides, the chest piece of the Cybernetic Altruist piece looks awesome with the rest of my setup.

However, the final weapon you end up with should be the elite version simply because the damage is much higher than any orange version. These shouldn't be very hard to obtain. Just grind the store every now and then until it pops up.

Edited by Dstrukt

No problem Profaine and thanks for the feedback.

Egil's Cure for the Coward

Damage: 568 (355 +60%)

Ruiner: Fist of the Joten

Cannon Damage: +10%

Slug Fire Rate: +10%

Mastery: Enchanced Mobility Actuators +1

Rupture: +6%

The funny thing is, this cannon is part of a 2 piece set that can only be completed by a Cybernetic Berserker. The other part of the set are dual-wield staves. However, since this is the only elite slug cannon available currently in-game, it's all we've got to work with.

I think people are missing the big point on this damage.

I was confused at first, but thanks to D, I believe it should be explained as such:

Your base damage is 300, so let's just say for the sake of argument you do....

10,000 damage per minute.

Assuming you do nuthin to boost damage, but buff slug rate of fire to 50%. You may still only do 300 damage(per bullet), but are effectively doing 15,000 damage per minute. Its like swinging your sword faster/more often.

Keep in mind the dpm was just a nice round fictional number to keep math simple cuz I hate math.

THAT, is where the pure power of the class comes in.

That's exactly right. Thank you for illustrating that point for us Profaine.

With the current game restriction of +72% slug fire rate, the potential damage this class can do is absolutely ridiculous coupled with the fact that you are dishing it out from half a screen away.

From the first page, you can see my total ballistic damage is 942. Add in my maxed Augmented Musculature damage bonus of 23% at 150+ hit count (which is far too easy to achieve with this build): 942 x 1.23 = 1158.66 damage per bullet.

Now let's do the math for total damage per second. I know for a fact that it does fire at least 8+ bullets per second because the damage reader in-game shows 8 numbers before I can finish counting 1 Mississippi. So let's say for the sake of argument the cannon fires out 10 bullets a second (a nice round number), that right there is 11,586.6 damage per second, before factoring in armor, from half a screen's distance away.

Actually, I just had an interesting idea that needs tested out, unless u already know. Do attack speed runes increase ballistic fire rates as well as melee? I figure it would be easier to test on a toon not already hotwired with a heavy trigger finger. Maybe take a zerker or champ with no bonus to attack speed, and time how long it takes to drain a clip. Slap on some armor with attack speed capped, and compare. This might be worth looking into. I'm at work on my blackberry or I would try this out now.

Poop

Either which way, commando is slowly working its way to surpassing my champion as my main.

I will continue playing my cyber champion till I get the last 3 pieces of my elite set, then trade them for aesir armor for my commando. I just wish I had them for the achievement so I can seriously work on my commando now.

I could make that guide. I have a 50 Human Zerk that does an average 13-14k per hit with his battle cry on and 60-80k finishers. :p Perhaps this weekend when time permits.

Sounds delicious. And, for those of you using this guide, Ice Forest is probably the most difficult level...so heed the warning: "Dark Elves can be a real pain at this point in your character’s life." Trust me, I just played the level last night.

Indeed. Ice Forest is a pain in the ass the first time through, but this can pretty much be said for any class. I guarantee you this though, if you play through it again once you are at level 50, it will pretty much be a cakewalk. As I said in another thread, I helped about half a dozen people get their unstoppable achievements for this level without breaking a sweat.

Remember, don't be stingy on those ruiners! You'll recover that combo level before you even know it thanks to Smoothbore.

Soo, i just were able to see that commando in action, it was stunning =]

Lol garm was down in 20 seconds and hel took about 30 secs, never seen something like this before, i just got the unstoppable achievement for helheim thanks to his commando, only took 30 mins or so, GREAT :)

Thx again.

Damn,my 360 broke and I have to send it to repair,so I am not able to further try that build for a while.

I hope that in about 2 weeks(I pray it won't take longer) you are still ready to get me through Helheim?(I know I ahevn't said anything about that but from what checkahh said I'd love to see such a character in action)

If not I'll have to get it done on ym own.

Thx Dstrukt,

I started yesterday, playing my commando. i played this char to lvl 10 for the "jack of all trades"achievement. and i realy got problems with this class. after playing my "main char" (defender) to lvl 50 and getting no epic drops in the last 20 hours, i read this guide.

Now i must say my commando will be my new main char as soon as i hit 50 ;)

By now i got my first playthrough. including unstoppable achievments for world serpent and helheim. and i am sure in a few lvl's and some better equip, i will get my unstoppable IF with ease. i'm lvl 30 right now, and most enemys don't come even close to me. on my playthrough only 2 things were hardend, the polaritys in IF (when you got no combo for ruiners rdy) and a "bulletproof" troll in world serpent, but 3 ruiners later he hit the ground ;)

now i hope this char gives me better luck in item drops @ lvl 50

Edited by Mortiferus

Thanks Mortiferus.

I just finished demo'ing the commando build for 'One Impulse' in world serpent. Thanks for your interest in the build dude. I just wanted to take this opportunity to invite anybody who is even remotely curious about this build to send me a message and I will be more than happy to demo for you.

On a related note, I had my fastest kill time for Everlasting Hate during this run. Must have been 7-8 seconds tops thanks to Impulse acting as bait :p I didn't have to dodge any attacks and could fire continuously throughout the battle.

Ah, I'll take you up on that unstoppable offer. I need it for everything but HoH, so whichever you think is hardest for a human berserker since you said you have one. Also, back to my armor question of a few days ago, you're saying that I'm better off socketing level 44 altruist stuff with orange runes? I think I have almost a full set of altruist on my berserker so that works.

I'll be on later tonight, my GT is the same as my forum name.

I've added a snippet in the 'Final Tips' and 'Levels 21-30' sections about Dexterity runes. Thanks maui59 for reminding me about that with your question. I'm currently working on my Human Berserker guide as I write this. It will be in a similar format as this one.

Edited by Dstrukt

No problem RhythmBeast. Thanks for the feedback. The berserker guide you were looking forward to is also posted now. ;)

The dark polarity enemies can be a pain if they come at you in a large mob. Luckily this really only occurs in the Ice Forest and briefly in the World Serpent.

The quickest and most effective way to deal with them are with your ruiners. If your cannon damage and slug fire rate are high enough, you could simply juggle individual enemies to death. However, a mob of dark polarities is a different story.

Again, use your ruiner attack against the mobs. You should have plenty of combo level to spare to the point where you could spam 2-3 attacks and recharge them almost just as quickly. If you prefer to save your ruiners, utilize your fierce attacks and spam the mob with it. They should die relatively quickly this way as well.