Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

I've got the impression none of you made the videos you posted (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yep you're wrong :p Achievaholics is my youtube channel.

As far as the flags go...YES you are right, they are really easy which is why instead of making a guide for those, we just told you how to buy the maps and do it yourself. Though there are 18 you must find in shrines which was described how to find all of those in the guide in one of the shrine descriptions.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep you're wrong :p Achievaholics is my youtube channel.

My bad. Posting your own videos does make writing a guide more legit in my book - posting up a second guide and just pulling random videos off the internet would have been a bit iffy in this situation...

BTW: why make videos in 780p and not 1080?

My bad. Posting your own videos does make writing a guide more legit in my book - posting up a second guide and just pulling random videos off the internet would have been a bit iffy in this situation...

Odds are Tyger has the Hauppauge HD PVR which records in 720p. I know it's the one I have :p

And this isn't the place to argue about guides. The whole point of this community has been our continous strive (and by our I mean the users...GAMERS) to get the best guides out there to make life easier.

Odds are Tyger has the Hauppauge HD PVR which records in 720p. I know it's the one I have :p

And this isn't the place to argue about guides. The whole point of this community has been our continous strive (and by our I mean the users...GAMERS) to get the best guides out there to make life easier.

Yeah you are right Minty, exact one you have. I think we talked about that before when you were telling me about the Sherlock Holmes videos.

I did have a device "Black Magic Shuttle Pro" but I returned it. 1080P would be huge files and not be very good for youtube/streaming (it'd take forever). Also it'd take quite some time to edit for loading reasons :)

And this isn't the place to argue about guides.

Honestly I have used both guides and have found both to be extremely helpful. In the end I would think that should be the main goal for the person writing the guide- helping forum members.

TY Yunder & Tyger for their hard work on this wonderfully written guide. Combining both your guide and Nozza's will hopefully net me the full 1000 soon :woop:

I believe the 1080p recorder costs a ton more than the 720p, so that might be it. Either way though, you really don't need 1080p for a guide. 720p is more than enough. Rendering 1080p is also a much more annoying task for your computer.

I believe the 1080p recorder costs a ton more than the 720p, so that might be it. Either way though, you really don't need 1080p for a guide. 720p is more than enough. Rendering 1080p is also a much more annoying task for your computer.

It's not a ton more for 1080P but it's just a rare item. I had pre-ordered one and months and months later after delays it finally shipped and I returned it within a week. The videos will almost 100% of the time be watched on youtube, so there's no real need to go all out and make people buffer longer and take extreme amounts of HD space. My quality takes 6 MB/S which adds up pretty fast! I try to cut as much out of my videos as I can.

Anyways..back on topic. Guide is finished and submitted. Any last minute efforts needed to make the guide better or fixed grammar, let me know please and I'll fix it. It's always helpful!

Fast questions, the flags inside the six Lairs, do I have the collect them while I'm inside or can I come back later and collect them?

Thanks

If you do not collect them on your first run-through, you can replay them in the DNA menu. All are found via Secret Locations. The only exception is Termi De Triani (spelling?). You can replay it in Sequence 2.

Fast questions, the flags inside the six Lairs, do I have the collect them while I'm inside or can I come back later and collect them?

Thanks

you can come back, go to the DNA strand and find the lair via that. my explanation might not help but thats what i have read elsewhere since i have yet to go and hunt for flags

Thanks

Yup missed a few myself ... as you take a quick gander around as you leave some area and look up and go 'ah crap' as you see some glowing thing well out of reach. Those lairs are good an all but really makes me feel like I'm playing Tomb Raider without the tanned ass and her falling to her death every 30 seconds. But in saying that I want to stretch this game out so missing a few just gives me a good excuse to keep playing.

But I'm confident that you can go back and collect them all. It would be far too cruel if you couldn't.

Thanks for the amazing guide, guys! I will propably be doing the multiplayer experience mostly legit without boosting because it's quite fun. And I have a friend who also got this game for Christmas and we are playing Advanced Alliance almost all the time (well, yesterday :p) because we can be a team of 2.

On the multiplayer experience though I'd like to say that it's kinda stupid when everyone of your team have the same target. In one match yesterday I got 1 kill and 0 deaths, the first of our team got 9 kills and 0 deaths. Why is that? Because he had the super sprint or whatever ability and he always found the target before me. Now I know that you can change your targets, but it still isn't enough... After the guy killed his target, he changed to my target and ran with the super sprint and killed my target in front of me :mad:

Also the "hide n seek" mode is quite prejudiced for the killers, because it brings back to my mind the good "old" days from Modern Warfare 2 with the Commando perk; you can jump from 20 meters from your target and kill them. One time I was running away from my pursuer and my guy suddenly just stopped. Then the pursuer jumped far more than 10 meters away (we were both on ground level) and killed me, there was no chance in hell for me to escape.

Other than those two little annoying things in multiplayer, it is quite fun experience after all :p

The "Synch Established", "Needle in a Haystack" and "Overachiever" achievements all can be easily achieved while doing the instructional training program for multiplayer.

In fact just doing the training thing will automatically unlock "Synch Established", the other two you have to do a little work for.

I only have one gripe with this guide. When finding the flags in the secret locations, I found your guide for each flag a little insufficient. I found myself needing a video guide for those flags in addition to yours (Especially for the first flag at the Catacombe di Roma, the video saved me). Just some food for thought, I suppose. Otherwise, great guide.

I only have one gripe with this guide. When finding the flags in the secret locations, I found your guide for each flag a little insufficient. I found myself needing a video guide for those flags in addition to yours (Especially for the first flag at the Catacombe di Roma, the video saved me). Just some food for thought, I suppose. Otherwise, great guide.

I probably should have just done pictures, but when I started doing videos I realized it was going to be under 30 seconds for each secret area. Which is better than watching someone do the complete area I guess. If there's room for improvement on the descriptions, please do tell (and not just link me to the video ;)).

I probably should have just done pictures, but when I started doing videos I realized it was going to be under 30 seconds for each secret area. Which is better than watching someone do the complete area I guess. If there's room for improvement on the descriptions, please do tell (and not just link me to the video ;)).

I only had trouble with two of the flags, but the rest were fine. In the Basilica di San Pietro, I didn't realize that the first flag was on the monolith that's right outside that door, so perhaps you can just add a quick thing about that flag being on top of the monolith. And in the Catacombe di Roma, the ladder that you need to find in order to get the first flag is pretty out of the way, and in your guide it seemed like I'd stumble across it. To find the flag there, there's a hallway where you can swing on poles (it's the last hallway like this before the lift), and when you land on the wooden platform in that hallway, stop and turn to the left and go through that doorway to find the ladder. These are two pretty minor tweaks, but helpful for others nonetheless.

Edited by Tyger7