Guardian Achievement

Ritchie Goodall

I did it with Sophitia as my character against Cervantes (slight memory issue) and struggled at first to get the timing. What i found helped was to Press Back and X to Attack and then Forward and A to Counter ( and i was hammering A so timing wasn't an issue). With this method i got it on my third attempt.

I was having some trouble with the "Guardian" achievement, so I ended up using the "Record Input Command" function and did the X, ->+A combo twice. Then I just repeatedly tapped RT so the playback was doing all of the work for me. Surprised it actually worked.

The above was taken from the achievement guide thread. This works great. The key is to make sure you get two full combos in on one record session. Then just time your RT presses and you will get it in no time.

I don't think it really matters who you do it with. I've tried it with characters with long weapons, such as Kilik and Seung Mina, and characters with short weapons, such as Taki and Maxi. As long as you recognize and adopt the rhythm of the first two counters, you're golden. I got the achievement on my first try and could easily have gone to 100 if I had wanted to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just used the settings in the guide and got the full 25 or whatever the very first try, it's one of the most simple things I've ever done in a video game... hit and block, hit and block, hit and block. Just keep doing the same thing with the same amount of time inbetween and this really shouldn't be any problem at all... Honestly, my very first try using the settings in the guide it got it without even having to try again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just thought I throw my two cents here in saying that this achievement was rather simple. I followed the guide and it all comes down to the rhythm of the characters' action and the voices (battle cries, etc.) and I was able to get this achievement in less than a minute.

Have patience and you'll get it eventually. ;)